The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - PART 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J_NP said:

Deco , Ronaldo , Figo , Maniche , a real team , and Scolari

I DO see it

Yeah I know, but...Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Kaka, Carlos, Gilberto, Adriano....:shrug:

...not to mention Zidane, Henry, Viera, Ribery, Thuram, Gallas...:hmm:

U2Man said:

Yeah I know, but...Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Kaka, Carlos, Gilberto, Adriano....:shrug:

...not to mention Zidane, Henry, Viera, Ribery, Thuram, Gallas...:hmm:

Carlos , dont even mention this name .......

Ronaldinho is a team man only , if only he played half of barca

Kaka was awful today .......

Only Zidane , Henry and Viera are really dangerous , they can be taken

ntalwar said:
Portugal needs to step it up. Even 11 vs. 10 for a long time, they couldn't score.

Exactly. Portugal couldn't defeat a rather weak and amputated English team without their captain today. France has just defeated Spain and now Brazil.

Zidane is on fire right now, I totally did not expect it, but after his last two games I really find it hard to believe his squad can be beaten - just for the life he seems to be infusing in his team.

Last edited:
J_NP said:

Carlos , dont even mention this name .......

Ronaldinho is a team man only , if only he played half of barca

Kaka was awful today .......

Only Zidane , Henry and Viera are really dangerous , they can be taken

Ribery is dangerous too.

But Portugal would do well in not focusing solely on the French attack. The French defence totally neutralised the Brazilian star attackers today.

Before the France vs. Brazil match I was predicting a Germany vs. Brazil final, now I think it could be Germany vs. France :hmm:.

Go Germany! :wink:

looks like France ruined their plans eheh :wink:
they played a great match (or maybe it was just Brazil playing lame :| ) so I guess they deserved to win

4 european finalists, just like in 1982.... I hope the winner will also be the same :happy:

the rockin edge said:

that's the "ideal final" deemed by FIFA methinks.

Yeah true :yes:, that's what seemed almost inevitable to me.

I wonder how my flatmate is taking the England loss :hmm: :wink: .

DSC00326.jpg

j_np, I think you forgot Pele and Maradonna :wink: .

Seriously, I think a single dominant player can be overrated compared to team play.

now i got faith again in my team ! What a night, the whole country is on fire ! just like in 98. :)
May be we were just a little too hard on our team for the last few weeks... they made us dream again... go now !

mumu2006 said:
now i got faith again in my team ! What a night, the whole country is on fire ! just like in 98. :)

I think I see what you mean. Lisbon must be like this too.

Last edited:
Germany - France

that's the final... for sure

hell, Zidane played so good today, that they're my team now...

Well I should already be in bed now , but in the moments u should go sleep the most , it seems that u just dont get sleepy....

Although I've saw , read , said , wrote , thought so much about football today you kind of start to accept , though only one thing could really be a comfort to me now : Have Erica Durance in my room ....

I can tell ya , it's so strange to watch a cup bein out , in fact that's the 1st time in my life ( 90 cant count I was too young to care for anything ) that I won't be 'nervous ' about the final , ironically the moment I love football the most

J_NP said:

I can tell ya , it's so strange to watch a cup bein out , in fact that's the 1st time in my life ( 90 cant count I was too young to care for anything ) that I won't be 'nervous ' about the final , ironically the moment I love football the most

It just wasn't their day. I think the French surprised everyone. But now you know how some of the rest of us feel:wink:. Most of us have been waiting a lifetime. I think they'll grow stronger from this.

just caught this thread.....giving a shout out to the other depressed england fans out there....gonna be a rough week..

GibsonGirl said:

My supporting Germany will probably only make them lose, though. Every single team I support always ends up losing. So this will probably work out for you guys in the long run. :wink:

You and me both. I tried rooting for Portugal today, but the soccer gods knew where my heart was.

So, I am now rooting for a Germany vs France final, so it will definitely be Italy vs Portugal.

:censored: penalty kicks.

U2One said:
just caught this thread.....giving a shout out to the other depressed england fans out there....gonna be a rough week..

Nah, not a week, the unfortunate thing is, we are used to it, so, crap weekend, back to normal Monday morning.

Hi this is my first World Cup post. I'm an Australian, and can't help but say we got RIPPED hardcore by the umpires. That was the diviest dive that ever dived. But seriously, we keep one of the powerhouses of Soccer to 0-0 at 90 minutes and they have to result to pathetic crap like that to win? Sad.

Anyway. I'm an aspiring journalist, and I wrote an article about Australia's World Cup adventure (a little biased, yes) so if anyone's interested (I just need some feedback on my articles) let me know and I'll post it.

:hyper:How many teams are left now? What are the recent results?:hyper:

My pick for the Final: Germany vs anyone but Brazil or Italy.

Brazil just got kicked out... and Italy VS Germany is not possible 'cause they're playing against each other in the semis... :wink:

the 4 finalists are Italy VS Germany and Portugal VS France...
my prediction (and hope :happy: ) for the final is Italy VS Portugal :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom