The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - PART 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sepp Blatter is from Switzerland.
So the FIFA just must be neutral.

I find it very funny bashing the German team as a team with too many foreigners as well.
Look at Netherlands, France (Zidane is from Marocco), or England.
Leave USA and Australia out of course.

So tell me why is Germany a polish game with the foreigners of Asamoah and Odonkor, and all these other teams are not?

Just think before typing :wink:

It's really great how far Germany came looking at the players and how good they are compared to many of the other players. And they are very young as well. And it helped Germany as a country in a way nobody ever imagined before.
I'm just curious to see how long we will be that easy with our national identity.

Germany nearly got Italy, and Italy played good, but by far not as good as they could play. And Germany also beat other teams that are strong. And yes, without help of the referees.

Ronaldinho and such for sure are better players than Klose or Ballack (I don't like Ballack and think he also isn't that good people say he is) but at this World Cup Ronaldinho just played average. And the others from Brazil, too. Many of the great stars didn't show why there teams are paying them so much money.

Nevertheless, congratulations to Italy. It was a nice game, both teams got their chances, and in the end Italian players knew better where the goal was.
So great done, let's see who will be the other team, and who'll be 4th :wink:

AND THE GERMAN LIE IS FINALLY OVER !!!

Grazie mille Italia.

I loved to see Ballack's face... and I am sure that Mr. Torsten Frings enjoyed it a lot, since he could not play.

Bye bye Germany. You cannot even play well at home. Embarassing.

J_NP said:

French Journal "France Soir" said some ''NICE'' things bout Portugal , Highlights :

" - Petit makes up the lack of tecnic with Brutality

- Deco is a savage without fair play "

who cares what the papers say.

the game tomorrow will show whether portugal are good enough to beat france or not.

my guess is not.:wink:

i want to see Zidane playing tomorrow like he was against Brazil. :drool:

U2@NYC said:
I loved to see Ballack's face...

i missed that :(

the rockin edge said:

i want to see Zidane playing tomorrow like he was against Brazil. :drool:

Zidane only played like that coz ...... Brazil was watchin , yeah just like that . No one was on him , NO ONE , everytime somebody went on him , normally Juninho or Gilberto , they were late and always took some nice dribbling , if there was someone shadowing him and thus antecipating the balls , he wouldnt shine like that .

J_NP said:

Zidane only played like that coz ...... Brazil was watchin , yeah just like that . No one was on him , NO ONE , everytime somebody went on him , normally Juninho or Gilberto , they were late and always took some nice dribbling , if there was someone shadowing him and thus antecipating the balls , he wouldnt shine like that .

maybe so, but i'd still like to see him play well.:wink:

J_NP said:

I thought these are supposedly among the best players in the world - I don't see them just giving up on Zidane. I think his talent just outshone everyone :wink:.

ntalwar said:

I thought these are supposedly among the best players in the world - I don't see them just giving up on Zidane. I think his talent just outshone everyone :wink:.

Gilberto Silva is a very good defense midfielder , very good indeed , but average . And Juninho while the best of the French League , well he's plays as a 2nd midfield man , he can mark , he can defend an area , but you dont just put he to be on a guy like Zidane , 2 reasons 1- he doesnt have the real ability of a defending MF 2- He should be more focused in deliverin the ball to the front . But the point is again no one was on him , not even Juninho , when Zidane didnt have the ball people forgot him ....... This will certainly not happen tomorrow ........

Talkin bout this , Zizou I introduce you to your shadow today :

costinha.jpg

it was a bit of heartbreak last night. but in the end ITALY deserved to win the best game of WC 2006. congrats to italy:applaud:
germany also had their chances (schneider, podolski) but the italian chances in extratime (post & bar) were more compellent
i don't think that ballack was a flop. he played more defensive this tournament and had a great workrate.

now i would like portugal win the title, because this would be a novelty. all the other teams already were champions.

MacPhistoPT said:

How can you compare Portugal actual strenght with Brazil or Spain if they haven't played together?

Okay, keep all your preconceptions, maybe we will, again, slap some faces like we've done a few times over the last six years.

We'll see tonight. Until then, keep all your preconceptions.

Congratulations to Italy and to all Italians on this forum, what a game!

No PC access for a week, postng from my BlackBerry on vacation in Europe, look forward to collecting my bets from the England fans

tHANKS ACROBATMAN from a VERY happy Italian...

I'd like to see a Italy vs Portugal, but I have the impression it'll be Italy vs France...

:huh:

MacPhistoPT said:

Ribery didn't even know who was Scolari. He said he was a "good player".

Only Domenech has been correct so far :huh: The French press is as ridiculous as the English press...

Hopefully they'll take the same way... anyway, if France loses, I'll be a bit sad for Zidane, I really admire him, he's ending his career like the champion he is :drool: :drool: but tomorrow... who cares? PORTUGAL!!

Ribery isn't the brightest human being i know... he plays football but he's barely able to speak french correctly, so who cares about who he knows and who he doesn't.

And for FRANCE SOIR, it's just a piece of trash, what brits would called tabloid, what they say is irrevelant and i hope people will keep their heads cool here.
There is a big portugese community in France and last saturday after both Portugal and France won, with some help of the amount of alcohol anybody ingested there was a lot of teasing from the portugeses and a few battles. I hope whoever win tonight everything will be ok...

Anyway, may the better win.

U2@NYC said:
AND THE GERMAN LIE IS FINALLY OVER !!!

Grazie mille Italia.

I loved to see Ballack's face... and I am sure that Mr. Torsten Frings enjoyed it a lot, since he could not play.

Bye bye Germany. You cannot even play well at home. Embarassing.
I know rivalry and sport go hand in hand, but can you stop being an obnoxious twit for a second?

thank you :)

U2Man said:

We'll see tonight. Until then, keep all your preconceptions.

I have no preconceptions. I know France have better players, but we have the chance to make history and we've shown since Euro 2004 we can beat stronger teams, the favourites...

Preconceptions... only from you guys, who talk about the French win as a fact...

I have only one thing to say about Italy going into the final:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :scream: :barf: :down: :censored: :rant: :angry:

GO PORTUGAL!!!!!
GO FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!

btw - as promised to BonoVoxSuperstar, I have donated $20 in Israeli currency to the Israeli Cancer Society.....

here's a GREAT shot :ohmy:
05soccer.xlarge1.jpg

oh, and I'd like to thank the german newspaper De Spiegel, who called the Italian people "parasites" and "nothing but pizza-eaters" in these past days... I hope Grosso and Del Piero's answer last night was enough to deflate your big ego. :)

yertle-the-turtle said:

Deco isn't exactly from Lisbon.

Patrick Vieira, he's from...Senegal?

Oh and Owen Hargreaves, he's Canadian isn't he? No, he's English? What the...

This ridiculous branding of German as a Polish team has echoes of le Pen's terrible accusations that the France team isn't French and I wish it would just bloody stop.

Least Hargreaves had a English parent, You only have to go on holiday to Frankfurt for a week to be eligible to play for Germany.

sraphim wrote: oh, and I'd like to thank the german newspaper De Spiegel, who called the Italian people "parasites" and "nothing but pizza-eaters" in these past days... I hope Grosso and Del Piero's answer last night was enough to deflate your big ego.
???? i can't imagine that the serious german news magazine DER SPIEGEL wrote such offending stuff like this... if that happened maybe it was ironic
usually germans & italians get very well along with each other. both nations are full of respect to each other. btw tomorrow i will have lunch at my fave italian restaurant. for more press-comments after the game check out: http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,425157,00.html (english)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom