The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - PART 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee....when Australia was cheated out of the games I thought that I'd at least be able to root for either England or Brazil.

Now that they're BOTH out, I have no one else to root for and it looks like the final is going to be boring as hell.......

Oh well, bring on 2010...!

COBL_04 said:
Hi this is my first World Cup post. I'm an Australian, and can't help but say we got RIPPED hardcore by the umpires. That was the diviest dive that ever dived. But seriously, we keep one of the powerhouses of Soccer to 0-0 at 90 minutes and they have to result to pathetic crap like that to win? Sad.

Anyway. I'm an aspiring journalist, and I wrote an article about Australia's World Cup adventure (a little biased, yes) so if anyone's interested (I just need some feedback on my articles) let me know and I'll post it.

:hyper:How many teams are left now? What are the recent results?:hyper:

My pick for the Final: Germany vs anyone but Brazil or Italy.

Here's one Aussie supporter who totally agrees that you guys got cheated...

I love the Socceroos and I would love to read your article.....

Looks like the jokes are all around the world now , the newspapers are doin what they always wanted to do , specially the argentinians .

It's a funny thing Brazil last years , it's like everything on nothing , either u are on top or you are in the lowest place . That seems the case , it seems that everytime now to win , you gotta come from a death , lose all the respect and consideration , just like a phoenix , have everything burned and begin again from dusts .

Every brazilian WC defeat looks worthy a greek tragic play

AchtungBono said:
Gee....when Australia was cheated out of the games I thought that I'd at least be able to root for either England or Brazil.

Now that they're BOTH out, I have no one else to root for and it looks like the final is going to be boring as hell.......

Oh well, bring on 2010...!

Um, so England - one of the most dire teams in the whole of the competition, which is bloody amazing considering this might actually have been one of the best England sides ever (has that midfield looked any stronger?) - so England progressing would have made the tournament less boring?

Go

D4.jpg

Last edited:
even though I do feel that Portugal deserved to beat The Netherlands and England - mostly because Portugal showed (as they say) to be 'more professional' & because both The Netherlands and England played almost as negative as Portugal does (which really doesn't suite these 2 teams) - I really hope that France will beat because the Portugese way of playing doesn't deserve to get them in the final IMO

Brazil going out has soften the blow for me , feel much better now.
Hope germany win it and i hope ronaldo gets injured badly lol. Ricardo deserves a medal for services to damage english hopes lol ( good kepper).

im not bitter against portugal , just ronaldo.

Im absolutely gutted but England have always done this to me, we do well in friendlies but when it matters we havent got it. All i can say is that i hope Germany dont win it, and that tosser Christiano Ronaldo chooses a foreign location to play his football next season.

zoobeatle said:
Im absolutely gutted but England have always done this to me, we do well in friendlies but when it matters we havent got it. All i can say is that i hope Germany dont win it, and that tosser Christiano Ronaldo chooses a foreign location to play his football next season.

Looking on various Utd websites, & skynews, its looking highly likely ronaldo will leave United. Quite a lot of forums with posts from Utd fans are nearly all unanimous in their condemnation of him, & that bearing in mind a sizeable amount of Utd's match going fanbase are not normally bothered about England, I don't think it all boils down to his disgusting behaviour yesterday, remember Fergie stood by him after the alleged bust up with Ruud, & to repay SAF's faith, the devious little twat starts sounding out a move to madrid, I posted a message about him on the footy thread a day before the England match, & stand by that even more now, get rid of the tosser!

Im not a Man Utd fan so i really cant comment from a that point of view, but hasnt Rooney stated that he doesnt want to play in the same team as the poncey little twat, so who do they get rid of, my bets on Ronaldo.

J_NP said:
Looks like the jokes are all around the world now , the newspapers are doin what they always wanted to do , specially the argentinians .

It's a funny thing Brazil last years , it's like everything on nothing , either u are on top or you are in the lowest place . That seems the case , it seems that everytime now to win , you gotta come from a death , lose all the respect and consideration , just like a phoenix , have everything burned and begin again from dusts .

Every brazilian WC defeat looks worthy a greek tragic play

Não deves dar ouvidos a essas piadas;) I always supported Brazil in the other WC... Now I'm feeling that Brazil is on our side and will suffer with us on Wednesday... I just spoke to a brazilian friend of mine, he's very sad for his country but he's already wearing the Portugal T-shirt...

MissMaCo said:
Oh what a night! :rockon:

Let's pray for a Germany - France final :happy:

and France winner :sexywink:

:rockon:

That will be nice. With the slight modification of Germany out in the semifinal and Italy in the final. Germany does not deserve more than that (of course, FIFA and their bunch of bureaucrats will disagree and will probably buy Germany's way into the final).

Salome said:
even though I do feel that Portugal deserved to beat The Netherlands and England - mostly because Portugal showed (as they say) to be 'more professional' & because both The Netherlands and England played almost as negative as Portugal does (which really doesn't suite these 2 teams) - I really hope that France will beat because the Portugese way of playing doesn't deserve to get them in the final IMO

Sure, the same analogy applies to Germany. But Italy also stole its way into the quarterfinals.

So both teams should be out as well and France should be declared the champion. :wink:

Portugal have been diving too much and their game against Holland was a disgrace. Germany have played like crap and been too lucky so far. Italy and France were really crap in the beginning but have showed what they are capable of. So let the final be between Italy and France and let France win because they aren't as defensive as the Italians.

FRINGS FACING FIFA PROBE

Torsten Frings is facing a FIFA disciplinary committee hearing over his part in the post-match brawl which followed Germany's World Cup quarter-final win over Argentina.

The German FA confirmed Frings is being investigated for allegedly punching Argentina striker Julio Cruz as tempers frayed after Germany's penalty shoot-out triumph in Berlin on Friday.

"After viewing new TV footage the FIFA disciplinary committee has noted that it is highly probable that Frings was actively involved," FIFA spokesperson Markus Siegler told German website Sport1.de.

The Werder Bremen midfielder, a key player in the host nation's progress to the semi-finals, has pleaded not guilty.

Frings told German newspaper Syker Kreiszeitung: "I was within a bunch of players with a lot of hands flying around. To protect myself, I stretched my hands to the front - nothing more."

The FIFA have asked the German FA for a written statement and a decision is expected on Monday afternoon.

Germany face Italy in the first semi-final in Dortmund on Tuesday night.

Inter Milan's Cruz told Gazzetta dello Sport: "I have not been hit by a fist - at least I did not feel anything."

FIFA are already investigating Argentina's unused substitute Leandro Cufre for kicking Germany's Per Mertesacker in the groin and Maxi Rodriguez for throwing a punch at Bastian Schweinsteiger.

The incidents took place after Germany had won the penalty shoot-out 4-2 against the South Americans.

about time! :|
I hope he will be punished if he is found guilty...

Last edited:
U2Man said:
Portugal have been diving too much and their game against Holland was a disgrace. Germany have played like crap and been too lucky so far. Italy and France were really crap in the beginning but have showed what they are capable of. So let the final be between Italy and France and let France win because they aren't as defensive as the Italians.

Italy have cheated to get here to be fair, so have portugal. Germany have played a honest game and france have proved the doubters wrong.
When i say honest game i mean heart on their sleave type of stuff lol.

Germany v france final

COME ON GERMANY

Portugal have cheated? Where? Dived? What dives btw? I'd really like to know...

And again, no one talks about the Ronaldo dive yesterday. Now that was a shame. But it's Brazil, so, everything is acceptable... :huh:

GO PORTUGAL!!

Portugal - Italy for the final.

Portugal have been diving constantly, especially Figo. it's pathetic.

and Ronaldos dive for Brazil was just as pathetic, as is Ballack diving for Germany (although the refs don't give yellow cards to germans for diving)

The bad thing about this WC has been the ref's and the diving.

Also the big stars have failed to shine.

the rockin edge said:
Portugal have been diving constantly, especially Figo. it's pathetic.

and Ronaldos dive for Brazil was just as pathetic, as is Ballack diving for Germany (although the refs don't give yellow cards to germans for diving)

Now what? Penalty against Iran? It's penalty, anyone sees it. Boulahrouz second yellow card? That twat hit Figo with his elbow, anyone sees it. Much more than deserved second yellow card.

I can only recall two moments: one Simao Sabrosa's dive against Mexico and the Figo's header in Van Bommel. But in that one it's tied because Bommel's acting deserved an oscar of the worst actor.

Well, but finally anyone recognizes that other teams had shameful behaviours :up: :up:. Ballack attitude during the last game was awful, and Ronaldo yesterday was a shame... it costed a yellow card for Thuram and the free kick almost resulted in a goal that would change everything.

How about C ronaldo's behaviour on rooney , the headbutt incident ? if the ref would of seen that. Rooney deserved to be sent of so im not crying over split milk.

MacPhistoPT said:

Now what? Penalty against Iran? It's penalty, anyone sees it. Boulahrouz second yellow card? That twat hit Figo with his elbow, anyone sees it. Much more than deserved second yellow card.

I can only recall two moments: one Simao Sabrosa's dive against Mexico and the Figo's header in Van Bommel. But in that one it's tied because Bommel's acting deserved an oscar of the worst actor.

Well, but finally anyone recognizes that other teams had shameful behaviours :up: :up:. Ballack attitude during the last game was awful, and Ronaldo yesterday was a shame... it costed a yellow card for Thuram and the free kick almost resulted in a goal that would change everything.

i didn't see Portugal vs Iran, did you watch the game yesterday? Portugal players were diving the whole match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom