The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - PART 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this article snippet:

Paul Robinson claims the dry German pitches are hurting England's passing game.

Robinson admits the team has not played well during their World Cup campaign and believes the best is yet to come.

The Tottenham goalkeeper said: 'The conditions have made it hard for us.

'I think we are finding the pitches particularly difficult because they are not putting water on them.

'It's slowing our passing game down. We are finding it hard to get a rhythm.'

:huh:

One question , is anyone here spanish , or catalan for that matter...

toscano said:

LOL!!! You post a video, I post a picture and somehow that gets you off on some whiny-bitch tangent ?? I guess the smily is a necessity for some people

:wink:

I thought you were serious, and had been offended. Sorry.
:D

Are you Italian?
:shifty:

Old fox Zidane strikes again, and Henry ought to get an Oscar for the fake when he won that free kick for France. He clearly fouled the Spain player and grabbed his face and dived immediately.

Italy is lucky to get arguably the weakest team of all in Ukraine, and England is facing a card-filled Portugal. Some teams have all the luck.

Two things:

1) What Henry achieved from his diving was not a penalty or a red card to the opponent, just a free kick.

2) Have you guys forgotten the several times that Henry was declared offside, when, in fact, he wasn't?

Cut it out already. France was the better team. Routine and cleverness beat the Spanish team.

Yes, he acted, but I was trying to say that - although the refs in this tournament have been extremely shitty in general - refs have never been perfect. I don't think the guy in that game was that bad. Sometimes a decision goes unfairly against you, sometimes you are given something you shouldn't have had. Do *you* agree that Henry was falsely declared offside more than once?

While I can understand that many didn't have much respect for the French team before yesterday, I don't understand how so many of you can keep underrating them now. Beating that Spanish team is a remarkable achievement. If Germany or Brazil had done it, people would probably already declare them world champions.

Right now I think France and Italy are the two teams that could stop Brazil, contrary to how many of you probably feel.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
...England is facing a card-filled Portugal. Some teams have all the luck.

Tell that to our no.1 goal scorer Michael Owen. Some teams would consider losing such a player to be awfully unlucky. Maybe even before the World Cup started.

AcrobatMan said:
I demand an OSCAR for Henry :drool:

I also demand one for Torres for that dive in the penalty area late on in the first half which many Spanish fans seem to have elected to forget. But, all in all I'm disappointed with Henry. Had it been anyone other than Puyol..then I don't think we would be talking about such an incident. Doesn't make it any less shameful..but it's the sad truth.

U2Man said:
Two things:

1) What Henry achieved from his diving was not a penalty or a red card to the opponent, just a free kick.

2) Have you guys forgotten the several times that Henry was declared offside, when, in fact, he wasn't?

Cut it out already. France was the better team. Routine and cleverness beat the Spanish team.

1) Was it not the free kick that got them a goal?

2) I agree, not all offsides are true. That said, I think a wrong decision on offisde is less damaging to the game than the unfairly awarded foul that results in a goal. (a free kick itself is the opportunity for a goal)

I agree France was better. They don't need diving, then.

So...now that 8 teams are left who do you think will win? My favourite is Argentina, they had the most consistent game of all teams.

Last edited:
48 hs. before the match.

Pablo's level of nervousness: 5/10.

The funny thing is that all Argentine papers are more worried about how the ref is going to steal this one for Germany than about the German team. Sad that this World Cup has been so badly refereed that people are truly worrying about this.

U2girl said:

So...now that 8 teams are left who do you think will win? My favourite is Argentina, they had the most consistent game of all teams.

Thanks, Maja. I will pick you up tonight and take you out for dinner to compensate. :up:

U2girl said:

1) Was it not the free kick that got them a goal?

2) I agree, not all offsides are true. That said, I think a wrong decision on offisde is less damaging to the game than the unfairly awarded foul that results in a goal. (a free kick itself is the opportunity for a goal)

I agree France was better. They don't need diving, then.

OK, we could go on with this forever, but:

1) A free kick is 'just' a free kick. The chance of scoring is not very big from the position it was given.

2) Henry would have been alone with the goalkeeper. I'd say that would highly likely have influenced the result.

I think it's still pretty open. Argentina need to play better than against Mexico, if they want to stay in the tournament. It would be a surprise to see them leave already in the quarter finals, but right now, I'm not sure I think it's any less surprising if Germany had to leave in the quarter finals.

did you all hear about the juve guy , just shows the scale of the situation.

Former Italian and Juventus star Gianluca Pessotto is in a serious condition in hospital.

He fell from a window at Juventus' club headquarters, the club's press office confirmed.

"We don't know how this has happened. We'll see," Juventus chief press officer Marco Girotto told Gazzetta Dello Sport.

"Gianluca reportedly has multiple fractures but they are not life threatening."

Pessotto is currently Juventus' team manager - a role he took up almost exactly a month ago after he quit his playing career.

The former defender spent 11 years with The Old Lady after joining the club in 1995.

During his time with the club he won six Serie A titles and the UEFA Champions League.

Former Juventus team-mates Alessandro Del Piero and Gianluca Zambrotta have flown home from the World Cup in Italy to visit Pessotto

some people are calling it a suicide attempt which makes more sense considering whats been going on in italy at the moment.

Alright, predict the semifinals.

I'd say:

Portugal - Brazil

Italy - Argentina

Could be completely wrong :wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom