The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - PART 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clever and well-played game by the French and a well-deserved win too. Disappointing Spanish performance from a team that was much better in the early games.

France must now again be counted among the favourites.

That's what I was talking about.Spain did their best in group stages,played maybe best football,but now they are out.And that's what separates good teams from great one.Great team has to be strong and smart.Take Brazil.You might think they dont't play as expected,but i'd say they play just as they want.So, 50% strenght,none injured player,best players saved and fresh for the rest of the tournament and still they have four victories.And that's why they are great and why they will win WC.

roy keane said:
That's what I was talking about.Spain did their best in group stages,played maybe best football,but now they are out.And that's what separates good teams from great one.Great team has to be strong and smart.Take Brazil.You might think they dont't play as expected,but i'd say they play just as they want.So, 50% strenght,none injured player,best players saved and fresh for the rest of the tournament and still they have four victories.And that's why they are great and why they will win WC.

Maybe Spain should have gotten blown out against Saudi Arabia, taken second place in their group and played Switzerland.

speedracer said:

Maybe Spain should have gotten blown out against Saudi Arabia, taken second place in their group and played Switzerland.

Exactly. They must be cursing themselves now.

A goal of Viera is better than a slap on Aragones racist face :tongue:
Brilliant.

Last edited:
Random factoid: 1982 was the last time a team did *not* win its group but then went on to win the World Cup (Italy).

Brazilians must have liked this ..... Finally a chance of Revenge . And couldnt come into a better hour , Ronaldinho still didnt show 50% of he can do , in fact Brazil didnt show 70% of what they can do , wanna a better time to do this , wanna a better team to do this against . Brazilians finally have the chance to heal that hurt , specially Ronaldo he must be crazy to finally bury that tragic , greek episode .

And it's ironic nonetheless , the fact that can be exactly the last game of Zidane , exactly him that destroyed the 98 final .

Wow Brazil X France :drool: IT'S GONNA BE EPIC

Last edited:
I go for the same comment of Roy , Brazil is smart , they respect all teams . But one thing is sure mate , they couldnt be more motivated for this game , it's the top game in terms of motivation for brazilians .

It's different like if there's a BRA X GER , coz sure Brazil won 2002 with a 2-0 , but for a long moment it was a tight game . It's different from that of 98 , which France had it decided since the 1st half . Without mention the fun Platini made at Brazil , and Pele . There was a lot of mockering .

There's other thing very interesting , before the cup , Ronaldinho was doubtless the 1st of the world , who was the 2nd : Henry . Two spectacular players on their clubs , but dont do much on the national teams . Let's see who improves more , on this game.

Last edited:
So we have Italy-Ukraine which will suck and three potentialy epic and brilliant games.The battle between Sven and big Phil, Brazil-France with a fleshback of 1998 and Germany-Argentina.I like this world cup more and more every day.

The only concern I have about France is that, in general, the players still don't look very hungry. Many of them have already won so much. The same goes for Brazil, though.

My question is... what am I going to do for two days without matches????? :huh:

Hmmm, I could work... but work is overrated. :wink:

Latest betting odds to win WC (at one site):

Brazil 9/4
Argentina 7/2
England 5/1
Germany 5/1
Italy 6/1
France 9/1
Portugal 12/1
Ukraine 33/1

U2@NYC said:
My question is... what am I going to do for two days without matches????? :huh:

I was thinkin the same

Days without matches :no:

ntalwar said:
Latest betting odds to win WC (at one site):

Brazil 9/4
Argentina 7/2
England 5/1
Germany 5/1
Italy 6/1
France 9/1
Portugal 12/1
Ukraine 33/1

Even though Portugal is 100% , they still got 'less chance' of winning it than Italy :eyebrow: And England for that matter :huh: Mmm but the last one is explained , these odds are made in UK

Last edited:
toscano said:

grapes-print.jpg

www.dictionary.com
look up JOKE

Fucking hell. Honestly, if we complain, we're whining. If we try and joke, we're...whining.

:rolleyes:

during these 2 days i probs get used to watchign soap opera's and big brother lol

:reject:

J_NP said:

Even though Portugal is 100% , they still got 'less chance' of winning it than Italy :eyebrow: And England for that matter :huh: Mmm but the last one is explained , these odds are made in UK

Yeah - from ladbrokes.com. No Deco though. And for the Portugal/England game itself, Portugal has 2/1- 3/1 odds and England is about even money to win.

Here's the current game odds:

Germany 8/5
Draw 2/1
Argentina 6/4

Italy 4/7
Draw 11/5
Ukraine 5/1

England 11/10
Draw 2/1
Portugal 11/5

Brazil 4/6
Draw 21/10
France 4/1

Last edited:
Hey guys. I just wanted to tell you what happened on Sunday during England v Ecuador match when telewest (our cable service provider) went down. It was not even Cheltenham but the entire counties of Gloucestershire and Avon. We had to use my aeriel in order to get a signal so we could watch it on terestial TV as we have no outside aeriel.

Anyway, according to the BBC website apparantly they said vandels cut some wires.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/5116120.stm

I don't know madness I tell yer. What is comming to the world when an englishwomen can't even watch a bleeding footy match without some little blighters having other plans. lol

Angela Harlem said:

www.dictionary.com
look up JOKE

Fucking hell. Honestly, if we complain, we're whining. If we try and joke, we're...whining.

:rolleyes:

LOL!!! You post a video, I post a picture and somehow that gets you off on some whiny-bitch tangent ?? I guess the smily is a necessity for some people

:wink:

J_NP said:

I was thinkin the same

Days without matches :no:

Betting odds are purely a sign of where the money is going and are designed only to make the bookie money.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom