The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - PART 5 - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-27-2006, 09:41 AM   #91
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 1,300
Local Time: 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achtung Joshua!
Materazzi did not deserve a red card. And yet being a man down and not having much of the ball the Italians had better and more scoring chances on net than the Aussies. So the better team won. Stop your fucking bitching and whining. Get over it. You should be happy you got out of the group stages
Get over it????????

First of all, if they had lost fair and square you wouldn't have heard a peep out of me except to bemoan the fact that they lost.

The fact that the Spanish ref called for a free kick for a non-existant foul a few seconds before going into overtime doesn't bother your sense of fair play?

The Aussies were CLEARLY robbed and almost all the commentators agree that there was NO foul.

I'm not just whistling Dixie here - there was a clear injustice done and if it was a team YOU were rooting for you'd say the exact same thing.
__________________

__________________
AchtungBono is offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:43 AM   #92
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono
I have only one thing to say about last night's game........
I don't give a shit about the results - to me, the Socceroos have won the WC and for me they ARE the world champions!!!

Italy should NOT have won that game - that foul was totally
BOGUS!!!

I could say more but I don't want to be banned....lol.

I tip my hat off and salute the Socceroos who were the best dammed team in the entire tournament - you guys did your best and you were totally ROBBED in the end......I'm sure you'll avenge yourselves in the future.

As for the Italians........I hope you bring a pillow and your appetitte to your quarter final game because the Ukrainians are going to feed you TONS of chicken Kiev while they kick your ass!!!

GO AUSTRALIA!!!!!
GO SOCCEROOS!!!!!
Oh look, more bluster, whining and bitching from the Aussies, what a surprise. You'd think they were Italian or something..........


The call on the Italian sending off was a much worse decision than the penalty call, even all the commentators and studio people at ESPN were saying the penalty was the right call.

As for the Ukraine, they can't score, and Italy can defend with the best of them. Are you actually watching the games ?

And as for the "best damned team in the tournament", not even close. That is easily Argentina up to to this point.
__________________

__________________
toscano is offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:44 AM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
vaz02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: manchester
Posts: 7,447
Local Time: 04:46 AM
AUZ were robbed stone cold.
Italy are the most overrated team left
__________________
vaz02 is offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:46 AM   #94
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono


Get over it????????

First of all, if they had lost fair and square you wouldn't have heard a peep out of me except to bemoan the fact that they lost.

The fact that the Spanish ref called for a free kick for a non-existant foul a few seconds before going into overtime doesn't bother your sense of fair play?

The Aussies were CLEARLY robbed and almost all the commentators agree that there was NO foul.

I'm not just whistling Dixie here - there was a clear injustice done and if it was a team YOU were rooting for you'd say the exact same thing.
The foul was clear
No one was robbed as there's no guarantee the aussies would have won, in fact I'm convinced Italy would have taken it in penalties after extra-time anyway
Yes, there was injustice, to Materazzi

__________________
toscano is offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:47 AM   #95
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02
AUZ were robbed stone cold.
Italy are the most overrated team left
Nah mate, that's England.
__________________
toscano is offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
vaz02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: manchester
Posts: 7,447
Local Time: 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by toscano


Nah mate, that's England.
you right , england are rated , i dont even think anyone believes Italy has a cat in hells chance of reaching the final , let alone winning it.
__________________
vaz02 is offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:56 AM   #97
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02


you right , england are rated , i dont even think anyone believes Italy has a cat in hells chance of reaching the final , let alone winning it.
they'll get further than England, yet again
__________________
toscano is offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 10:03 AM   #98
ONE
love, blood, life
 
yertle-the-turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: York, UK and Singapore
Posts: 11,750
Local Time: 12:46 PM
You know, having just seen the highlights of that match, I want to say:

Regardless of the circumstances, that was a really f**king good penalty. The kick, I mean. Couldn't have struck it any better.
__________________
yertle-the-turtle is offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 10:10 AM   #99
Refugee
 
jimmmm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: lincolnshire
Posts: 1,221
Local Time: 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by toscano


they'll get further than England, yet again
Bet they don't!
__________________
jimmmm is offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 10:19 AM   #100
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
Here's what happens when you try to fake an injury in baseball.
Here's what happens when one watches the "action" of a scintillating 4-hr baseball game

__________________
toscano is offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 10:20 AM   #101
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm


Bet they don't!
you're on

I win, you make a $25 donation to www.bpkids.org, you win, I wil l do likewise to a charity of your choice
__________________
toscano is offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #102
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02


you right , england are rated , i dont even think anyone believes Italy has a cat in hells chance of reaching the final , let alone winning it.
Woahoooo! I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Italy has one of the easiest opponents in the quarter finals, and the further the Italians get into the tournament, the harder they always become to defeat. Italy could EASILY make it to the final.
__________________
U2Man is offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 10:22 AM   #103
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
You know, having just seen the highlights of that match, I want to say:

Regardless of the circumstances, that was a really f**king good penalty. The kick, I mean. Couldn't have struck it any better.
Pity the Swiss for taking PK lessons from the English........
__________________
toscano is offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 10:23 AM   #104
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man


Woahoooo! I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Italy has one of the easiest opponents in the quarter finals, and the further the Italians get into the tournament, the harder they always become to defeat. Italy could EASILY make it to the final.
i can't see them getting past Germany or Argentina, but I don't see England getting past Portugal either
__________________
toscano is offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 10:27 AM   #105
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by toscano


you're on

I win, you make a $25 donation to www.bpkids.org, you win, I wil l do likewise to a charity of your choice
The comma shouldn't be in the url, so use www.bpkids.org when you lose
__________________

__________________
toscano is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com