The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - PART 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Achtung Joshua! said:
Materazzi did not deserve a red card. And yet being a man down and not having much of the ball the Italians had better and more scoring chances on net than the Aussies. So the better team won. Stop your fucking bitching and whining. Get over it. You should be happy you got out of the group stages :|

Get over it????????

First of all, if they had lost fair and square you wouldn't have heard a peep out of me except to bemoan the fact that they lost.

The fact that the Spanish ref called for a free kick for a non-existant foul a few seconds before going into overtime doesn't bother your sense of fair play?

The Aussies were CLEARLY robbed and almost all the commentators agree that there was NO foul.

I'm not just whistling Dixie here - there was a clear injustice done and if it was a team YOU were rooting for you'd say the exact same thing.

AchtungBono said:
I have only one thing to say about last night's game........
I don't give a shit about the results - to me, the Socceroos have won the WC and for me they ARE the world champions!!!

Italy should NOT have won that game - that foul was totally
BOGUS!!!

I could say more but I don't want to be banned....lol.

I tip my hat off and salute the Socceroos who were the best dammed team in the entire tournament - you guys did your best and you were totally ROBBED in the end......I'm sure you'll avenge yourselves in the future.

As for the Italians........I hope you bring a pillow and your appetitte to your quarter final game because the Ukrainians are going to feed you TONS of chicken Kiev while they kick your ass!!!

GO AUSTRALIA!!!!!
GO SOCCEROOS!!!!!

Oh look, more bluster, whining and bitching from the Aussies, what a surprise. You'd think they were Italian or something..........

The call on the Italian sending off was a much worse decision than the penalty call, even all the commentators and studio people at ESPN were saying the penalty was the right call.

As for the Ukraine, they can't score, and Italy can defend with the best of them. Are you actually watching the games ?

And as for the "best damned team in the tournament", not even close. That is easily Argentina up to to this point.

AUZ were robbed stone cold.
Italy are the most overrated team left

AchtungBono said:

Get over it????????

First of all, if they had lost fair and square you wouldn't have heard a peep out of me except to bemoan the fact that they lost.

The fact that the Spanish ref called for a free kick for a non-existant foul a few seconds before going into overtime doesn't bother your sense of fair play?

The Aussies were CLEARLY robbed and almost all the commentators agree that there was NO foul.

I'm not just whistling Dixie here - there was a clear injustice done and if it was a team YOU were rooting for you'd say the exact same thing.

The foul was clear
No one was robbed as there's no guarantee the aussies would have won, in fact I'm convinced Italy would have taken it in penalties after extra-time anyway
Yes, there was injustice, to Materazzi

whistling1.jpg

toscano said:

Nah mate, that's England.

you right , england are rated , i dont even think anyone believes Italy has a cat in hells chance of reaching the final , let alone winning it.

vaz02 said:

you right , england are rated , i dont even think anyone believes Italy has a cat in hells chance of reaching the final , let alone winning it.

they'll get further than England, yet again

You know, having just seen the highlights of that match, I want to say:

Regardless of the circumstances, that was a really f**king good penalty. The kick, I mean. Couldn't have struck it any better.

vaz02 said:

Woahoooo! I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Italy has one of the easiest opponents in the quarter finals, and the further the Italians get into the tournament, the harder they always become to defeat. Italy could EASILY make it to the final.

yertle-the-turtle said:
You know, having just seen the highlights of that match, I want to say:

Regardless of the circumstances, that was a really f**king good penalty. The kick, I mean. Couldn't have struck it any better.

Pity the Swiss for taking PK lessons from the English........

U2Man said:

Woahoooo! I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Italy has one of the easiest opponents in the quarter finals, and the further the Italians get into the tournament, the harder they always become to defeat. Italy could EASILY make it to the final.

i can't see them getting past Germany or Argentina, but I don't see England getting past Portugal either

toscano said:

you're on

I win, you make a $25 donation to www.bpkids.org, you win, I wil l do likewise to a charity of your choice

You know something? I will also put my money where my mouth is......if Italy advances to the final, I will donate $10 USD to the above charity. If not, I will donate $20 to the Israeli Cancer Society.

SOMEONE might as well benefit from our "rivalry"....lol.

AchtungBono said:

You know something? I will also put my money where my mouth is......if Italy advances to the final, I will donate $10 USD to the above charity. If not, I will donate $20 to the Israeli Cancer Society.

SOMEONE might as well benefit from our "rivalry"....lol.

Tell you what, I'll do the inverse, if England makes it to the final I'll give $20 to the Israeli cancer society too. Post the url.

The bet with jimmmmmmmmmmmmm is simply on who makes it the furthest.

toscano said:

Oh look, more bluster, whining and bitching from the Aussies, what a surprise. You'd think they were Italian or something..........

dude, dont f**k with my country or my countrymen, got it!. thats the problem with soccer, everyone gets racist about it

zepher25 said:

dude, dont f**k with my country or my countrymen, got it!. thats the problem with soccer, everyone gets racist about it

How did i get racist ? I likened your behavior to that which we usually get from Italians after they lose, and I'm Italian.......

toscano said:

Here's what happens when one watches the "action" of a scintillating 4-hr baseball game

The main thing I've been criticizing is the way penalties are given out in soccer, not the "action" or perceived lack thereof in the game (of which I think there is plenty, at least when the game is played correctly).

But hey, if you like posting mildly clever pictures to back up straw-man arguments, that's cool too.

Brazil is terrible

Cant really blame , the best is on the bench

Parreira is favorite to the be the dumbest coach of the WC

Can Please someone remind him that he has Juninho , Gilberto Silva , Cicinho and lots of great stuff on bench ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom