The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - PART 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ladywithspinninghead said:
Yeah, right, Portuguese have 2 handballs in this match and nothing gets called - Rooney gives a little push and gets a red card!!

It is a bit annoying, yes, but if Rooney had have kept his cool, it wouldn't have happened. Can't really blame the ref for a player acting like an idiot.

You can blame the ref on the handballs, though! That last one was so obvious. I can't believe he didn't catch it.

the rockin edge said:
it was the stamp not the push.

at least i sure as hell hope he wasnt sent off for the push.

That's what I think too. You don't step on a guy in the balls! Stupid.

the rockin edge said:

from the replay i saw i couldnt tell if it was intentional or not.

It looked a little bit deliberate to me the first time I saw it, but I'd have to see another replay to be sure. I think the fact that Rooney then pushed the Portugese player while the ref was sorting out what happened during the stamp couldn't have helped him much either.

GibsonGirl said:

It looked a little bit deliberate to me the first time I saw it, but I'd have to see another replay to be sure. I think the fact that Rooney then pushed the Portugese player while the ref was sorting out what happened during the stamp couldn't have helped him much either.

well if it wasnt deliberate the push should not have got him sent off.

the rockin edge said:

well if it wasnt deliberate the push should not have got him sent off.

If anything, it might have been a combination of the two. The ref would have to be fairly stupid to send off a player for a single push.

if I would stamp on your crotch you would vote me off the island

even when facing 10 players portugal seem to prefer diving and antagonising the opponent instead of playing some football

the rockin edge said:
please dont end like 98, please dont end like 98, please dont end like 98, please dont end like 98

speechless-smiley-023.gif

Oh, boy, this game was boring.

I'm not sure about the red card, but the ref was right there and must have thought that Rooney stomped on the guy's balls on purpose... Ouch!

In any event, here is the most ridiculous-ever comment by American commentators...: "England is having its last chance, because with the tropical heat in the South African summer they will suffer even more...".

The 2010 World Cup will be in WINTER, you idiots... South Africa is in the Southern hemisphere.

Bunch of morons.

U2@NYC said:

In any event, here is the most ridiculous-ever comment by American commentators...: "England is having its last chance, because with the tropical heat in the South African summer they will suffer even more...".

The 2010 World Cup will be in WINTER, you idiots... South Africa is in the Southern hemisphere.

Bunch of morons.

Oh gods. That's hilarious. :lol:

Grrrr :mad: :madspit: England SO deserve not to win :rant:

That was so obviously a red card for Rooney, the immature spoilt little brat!!!! :|

And Beckam jumping up&down as though it wasn't well deserved - pah! That ref did the right thing!!!! :happy: :love:

That was NOT a hand ball! It obviously banged into that player's arm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom