The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - PART 5 - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2006, 01:07 PM   #241
Refugee
 
jimmmm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: lincolnshire
Posts: 1,223
Local Time: 01:04 PM
England - Brazil

Argentina - Italy

Final

Argentina - ?
__________________

jimmmm is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #242
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,988
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by annie_vox
^^It can't be Brazil-Argentina... only in the final.


Can it be Brazil-Portugal, France-Argentina? Anyway, these teams IMO will be in the semi finals.
__________________

U2girl is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 01:44 PM   #243
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 07:04 AM
my guess...

England vs France

Argentina vs Italy
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 02:15 PM   #244
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl


Can it be Brazil-Portugal, France-Argentina? Anyway, these teams IMO will be in the semi finals.
Brazil and France meet in the quarter finals!
U2Man is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 02:25 PM   #245
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ntalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,900
Local Time: 08:04 AM
In the Finals:

VS.
ntalwar is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #246
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
U2@NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Back in Buenos Aires
Posts: 4,281
Local Time: 08:04 AM
Unbelievable... this joker was the one who called the penalty in favor of Italy vs. Australia and will now ref Brazil - France.

And funny the English accepted an Argentine ref for their match against Portugal... (Figo's Hand of God goal? )

Referees for World Cup quarter-finals:
Germany v Argentina (Lubos Michel, Slovakia)
Italy v Ukraine (Frank de Bleeckere, Belgium)
England v Portugal (Horacio Elizondo, Argentina)
Brazil v France (Luis Medina Cantalejo, Spain)
U2@NYC is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 02:48 PM   #247
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC

And funny the English accepted an Argentine ref for their match against Portugal... (Figo's Hand of God goal? )

England v Portugal (Horacio Elizondo, Argentina)

i thought the other day you were saying how good Argentine refs (specificly that guy) were?

i watched a game that guy refereed i think...he seemed good.
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 02:51 PM   #248
Refugee
 
annie_vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Where the wind calls my name
Posts: 1,492
Local Time: 01:04 PM
Can't believe I'll have to wait until Saturday for England v Portugal... It's way too long
annie_vox is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 02:56 PM   #249
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC
Unbelievable... this joker was the one who called the penalty in favor of Italy vs. Australia and will now ref Brazil - France.

And funny the English accepted an Argentine ref for their match against Portugal... (Figo's Hand of God goal? )

Referees for World Cup quarter-finals:
Germany v Argentina (Lubos Michel, Slovakia)
Italy v Ukraine (Frank de Bleeckere, Belgium)
England v Portugal (Horacio Elizondo, Argentina)
Brazil v France (Luis Medina Cantalejo, Spain)


Why are they using a ref from a country that is still part of the tournament?

And a SPANISH ref in the match that France is part of?

U2Man is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 03:07 PM   #250
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,988
Local Time: 03:04 PM
I didn't know Brazil and France play in quarter finals - OK, I say Argentina - Italy and Portugal - Brazil.
U2girl is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 03:13 PM   #251
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,604
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man




Why are they using a ref from a country that is still part of the tournament?

And a SPANISH ref in the match that France is part of?

Maybe the World Cup should use Martian referees exclusively so as to remove any trace of bias. They can't possibly be any worse than the referees we have now, right?
speedracer is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #252
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
U2@NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Back in Buenos Aires
Posts: 4,281
Local Time: 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge



i thought the other day you were saying how good Argentine refs (specificly that guy) were?

i watched a game that guy refereed i think...he seemed good.
You should be fine. He is pretty good.

U2@NYC is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 04:01 PM   #253
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,846
Local Time: 01:04 PM
What a weird day , and the fact that there was no games , made it even weirder

And only my connection recovered , tell me what's up on the discussion .....
J_NP is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 04:06 PM   #254
Refugee
 
annie_vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Where the wind calls my name
Posts: 1,492
Local Time: 01:04 PM
The discussion is about the refs for the quarter-finals and the teams that will be or not in the semi-finals...
annie_vox is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 04:09 PM   #255
War Child
 
guill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ponyville
Posts: 623
Local Time: 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer


Maybe the World Cup should use Martian referees exclusively so as to remove any trace of bias.
Maybe the Fifa should be more discreet, Germany-Brazil is the perfect final i guess.

Coffi Codjia is in the short list though.
How ironic to put him in this list when you know how African teams were robbed during this cup.

__________________

guill is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com