The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - PART 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, Klinsmann is now saying that Germany have eliminated the worst obstacle on their way to the trophy. I cannot be the only one smelling hubris. There's not a single team among France, Brazil, Portugal, England and Italy that cannot beat that German team if they really want to.

Salome said:
they did show it over here
shocking behaviour by Argentina

I read all about it.

It was all provoked by Oliver Bierhoff, Klinsmann's assistant, and Borowski (sp?), the German that got into the game in the second half. Apparently, after the last penalty, he went to the German bench and told Heinze to "shut up now, you pussies" or something like that and, naturally, the Argentines erupted.

I am sure that Blatter and his pro-German troupe will try to blame it on the Argentines since we are in Germany and they already decided that Germany needs to be in the final but the true is that Germans made fun of Argentines.

Bunch of jerks. The team is not good enough, so they need help from FIFA. Oh, well. :eyebrow:

Now, my hope is that Germans pay for it, get something like 3 players suspended for attacking the Argentine players and Italy kicks their ass (which, of course, in FIFAworld will never happen). Argentine papers are saying that at least Frings could be suspended for throwing a punch at Argentinas Julio Cruz.

Last edited:
Another German embarassment, a recent article from Der Spiegel making fun of Italians:

"Der Spiegel, taking the image of our footballers and broadening the concept to all Italians, calls us forms of parasites, malignant mother lovers who take advantage of women, beach people, vainglorious, slimy, unable to live without an animal guest from which we suck as much as possible, with a primary objective in life that is continuous ostentation to seem tired, and in the case of footballers, preferring to play the ball to the ground so as to have a better chance of hitting the bones of the others.

Der Spiegel concludes by threatening the Italian footballers by declaring that if Germany meets them in the semi-finals, they, the Germans, have still got a couple of accounts open since their last Italian holiday".

I am staring to honestly hate the German team.

U2Man said:
Haha, Klinsmann is now saying that Germany have eliminated the worst obstacle on their way to the trophy. I cannot be the only one smelling hubris. There's not a single team among France, Brazil, Portugal, England and Italy that cannot beat that German team if they really want to.

I am staring to think that FIFA and bloaty Blatter will make sure that this does not happen.

U2@NYC said:

I read all about it.

It was all provoked by Oliver Bierhoff, Klinsmann's assistant, and Podowski (sp?), the German that got into the game in the second half. Apparently, after the last penalty, he went to the German bench and told Heinze to "shut up now, you pussies" or something like that and, naturally, the Argentines erupted.

I am sure that Blatter and his pro-German troupe will try to blame it on the Argentines since we are in Germany and they already decided that Germany needs to be in the final but the true is that Germans made fun of Argentines.

Bunch of jerks. The team is not good enough, so they need help from FIFA. Oh, well. :eyebrow:

Now, my hope is that Germans pay for it, get something like 3 players suspended for attacking the Argentine players and Italy kicks their ass (which, of course, in FIFAworld will never happen).

Actually if you watch the footage you'll see that a number of Argentina players instigated the violence..Cufre,Maxi,and Coloccini all had a big part to play. If punishments are to be handed out..I think it will be very much against Argentina rather than Germany. Personally, I thought it was a disgraceful way for Argentina to end their campaign. As much as I have enjoyed watching them over the last few weeks..part of me is glad they have gone home after this. I don't believe I'm alone in this sentiment from from I've read lately.

here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2JOzWl2x3w
you can quite clearly see Maxi fisting the back of Schweinsteiger's head as just one example.

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:

I read all about it.

It was all provoked by Oliver Bierhoff, Klinsmann's assistant, and Borowski (sp?), the German that got into the game in the second half. Apparently, after the last penalty, he went to the German bench and told Heinze to "shut up now, you pussies" or something like that and, naturally, the Argentines erupted.

Now, my hope is that Germans pay for it, get something like 3 players suspended for attacking the Argentine players and Italy kicks their ass (which, of course, in FIFAworld will never happen). Argentine papers are saying that at least Frings could be suspended for throwing a punch at Argentinas Julio Cruz.

Actually what I read was this sequence of events:

Borowski makes a 'shh' gesture, nota very smart thing.
Cambiasso misses his kick and several Argentinian players walk towards Borowski.
Coloccini approaches Neuville and punches are exchanged.
Meanwhile, Cufre kicks out Per Mertesacker and is red-carded.
Bierhoff comes onto the pitch and attends to Mertesacker and somehow gets involved in the melee.

From what I can gather both teams are at fault. Borowski doing that gesture was dumb in the first place but from what I saw on TV and from reports it appears the Argentines were the ones throwing the first punches.

the rockin edge said:
i don't think i have ever wanted a team to lose as badly as i want germany to lose this time.

me too :wink:
and I think Toni will be great from now on... he just needed to score, and (luckily) he did! :rockon:
I hope super-Pippo Inzaghi will play too..... :drool:

the rockin edge said:
Luca Toni is gonna be in form against them now that he scored right?

:drool:

i don't think i have ever wanted a team to lose as badly as i want germany to lose this time.

I normally don't like Totti, but this time he really seems to be in good form, and he's gonna tear that German defence apart :drool:

U2Man said:

I normally don't like Totti, but this time he really seems to be in good form, and he's gonna tear that German defence apart :drool:

lets hope Italy dominate on Tuesday like they did yesterday.

I want to see Ballack & Lehmann's faces when they lose.

Last edited:
Count Marzipan said:

Actually if you watch the footage you'll see that a number of Argentina players instigated the violence..Cufre,Maxi,and Coloccini all had a big part to play. If punishments are to be handed out..I think it will be very much against Argentina rather than Germany. Personally, I thought it was a disgraceful way for Argentina to end their campaign. As much as I have enjoyed watching them over the last few weeks..part of me is glad they have gone home after this. I don't believe I'm alone in this sentiment from from I've read lately.

here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2JOzWl2x3w
you can quite clearly see Maxi fisting the back of Schweinsteiger's head as just one example.

The footage you show is AFTER the initial aggression by Bierhoff and Borowski. So it is not really relevant.

Germany was disgraceful, in my opinion. They played poorly throughout the game (simply waiting for the penalty kicks throughout the end), even though they were at home, and ended the match in the most cowardly way, insulting Argentines and making fun of them.

Honestly, I lost all respect for the German team. And I honestly hope that Blatter can get over his pro-German sentiment (as he has been pushing for Germany to win this World Cup since the beginning) and suspends Frings, Borowski and some other German players for the match against Italy, as they have proven not to be World Cup-worthy.

With this, I am not justifying Argentina's reaction and think that some Argentina players also need to be punished. I am just appalled on how poorly the Germans behaved. And I will be extremely happy if they get knocked out of the World Cup.

yertle-the-turtle said:

Actually what I read was this sequence of events:

Borowski makes a 'shh' gesture, nota very smart thing.
Cambiasso misses his kick and several Argentinian players walk towards Borowski.
Coloccini approaches Neuville and punches are exchanged.
Meanwhile, Cufre kicks out Per Mertesacker and is red-carded.
Bierhoff comes onto the pitch and attends to Mertesacker and somehow gets involved in the melee.

From what I can gather both teams are at fault. Borowski doing that gesture was dumb in the first place but from what I saw on TV and from reports it appears the Argentines were the ones throwing the first punches.

As I said before, I am not justifying the Argentine reaction. But that German coward, Borowski (together with Bierhoff) initiated this. Nothing would have happened if he would not have shhh-ed the Argentine team.

I hope that FIFA hands out suspensions to both teams. But Germany will suffer them much more, as they are playing Italy on Tuesday.

the rockin edge said:
Pablo, are you saying you had respect for the German team before yesterday? :ohmy:

i have thought they were crap & highly over rated since before the world cup started.

I actually considered them a hard-fought team that did not have much technique but a lot of strenght.

After yesterday, I consider them a bunch of pussies, that could not control the game in front of their home crowd (that was basically boring and showed no emotion) and were simply playing for penalties, and that even made fun of Argentina when the match was over.

So, now, I basically hate them and will be rooting for any team that plays against them. And I also hope they pay for their cowardly gesture.

the rockin edge said:

lets hope Italy dominate on Tuesday like they did yesterday.

I want to see Ballack & Lehmann's faces when they lose.

FIFA is a joke. They picked Ballack as man of the match yesterday, when he basically walked the whole game, chickened out, faked a penalty (and did not even get a yellow card for that) and threw punches at the end of the game. Lehmann would have been my choice.

U2@NYC said:
As I said before, I am not justifying the Argentine reaction. But that German coward, Borowski (together with Bierhoff) initiated this. Nothing would have happened if he would not have shhh-ed the Argentine team.

Actually, there are rumours that the Argentina bench were taunting the Germans during the shootout which is what prompted the "sshhhh" after the Germans put their 4th penalty in. I'm only going by what I saw afterwards because regardless of the verbal intimidation by Germany, there was no excuse to respond in a physical way. That said I don't think Germany are innocent in all this either. They could have been far more professional in their behaviour.

I do agree with you though that Argentina played better on the day..although they weren't helped by some ridiculous substitutions (Riquelme for example, and where was Messi?). Like you I don't like the way Germany play..and I think Italy will expose their weaknesses in the same way Argentina did. Hopefully we will have an England v Italy final. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom