The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - PART 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Niamh_Saoirse said:
Ahem , please excuse for a minute while I get this out of my chest Thanks!
:wink:

You dont need to ask dear , feel free to bash whoever and whatever ,

Se quiseres forza tanbien para un grande

HIJOS DE LA P..........

Just ask ok

Hey! I couldn't comment earlier... I saw only the first half of the game at a friend's home (since stupid television at my place didn't pass it) Did I miss much? Was it fair for Germany?

annie_vox said:
Hey! I couldn't comment earlier... I saw only the first half of the game at a friend's home (since stupid television at my place didn't pass it) Did I miss much? Was it fair for Germany?

Nao foi nao annie . Argentina jogou melhor , mas o Pekerman facilitou para a alemanha .

J_NP said:

Nao foi nao annie . Argentina jogou melhor , mas o Pekerman facilitou para a alemanha .

Já se suspeitava que isso acontecesse:(

I just realised that tomorow by this time Portugal-England will be over... I'm nervous! Too much emotions for just one week...

NEWS:

Cristiano Ronaldo's chances of facing England in tomorrow's World Cup quarter-final looked to be fading after he missed another Portugal training session on Friday.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Ahem , please excuse for a minute while I get this out of my chest (and I promise not tobother yous again):

LES VOY A METER UN CHUCHRUT EN EL ORTO A LOS ALEMANES Y AL REFERI. Y CON TODA LA GUITA QUE LE DIERON, MAS VALE QUE EL ARBITRO SE HAGA UN ORTO NUEVO PORQUE SE LO VOY A ROMPER A PATADAS!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm done now.

Thanks!

Esta bien, Flavia. No perdimos por el referi. Si bien cobro todas para ellos, no cambio el resultado. Fue un partido parejo y tuvimos mala suerte en los penales. Nada mas. Frente alta, y ojala Pekerman se quede en la Seleccion. El tipo sabe.

J_NP said:

Not really, J_NP.

Here is a comment from a sad Argentine. Messi is 19, you can't just throw it on the field to save the game... he needs to take it easy, he has the most potential of any young player in the world, and needs to go slow. Look at Maradona, for instance, he lost the 1982 World Cup and was sent off in the last game. And he came back and won it by himself in 1986. Messi will be 23 in 2010 and he will do the same for us.

You can argue that he could have played Aimar instead of Cruz. But Argentina was winning 1-0 at the time and he changed striker for striker. Also, as someone said, we were left without a substitution when our goalie got injured (and those Germans were thinking that he was faking it... Jesus).

I think Pekerman knows the game. I hope that he stays with the team in the World Cup. And I hope we win it in 2010.

Overall, we lost. We played well. So I'm sad, but still proud of Argentina.

zoobeatle said:
Funny how Germany are relying on Polish strikers now, ironic dont you think?

yeah, but i mean without barrack, that team wouldnt be on its feet...but yeah, though Klose is pretty great, they could at least have GERMAN glory boys instead of polish ones...ehh

does anyone else want to see Germany vs. Italy in the semis?

or is that just me?

U2@NYC said:

Here is a comment from a sad Argentine. Messi is 19, you can't just throw it on the field to save the game

I'm not sure he would've saved the game, but he could be enough of a distraction to make things difficult for Germany. I think in the last game he played, he was attracting 4 defenders when he had the ball. I think without the GK's injury, we're looking at a different result -not only on PKs but even on the German goal.

That Italian team.....in a completely different gear....getting better and better.....is gonna kick Germany's butt :drool:

ntalwar said:

I'm not sure he would've saved the game, but he could be enough of a distraction to make things difficult for Germany. I think in the last game he played, he was attracting 4 defenders when he had the ball. I think without the GK's injury, we're looking at a different result -not only on PKs but even on the German goal.

Thats what I'm talkin bout , I know he's 19 Pablo , in fact you see today I'm turning 20 , and I look at that guy , and I tell everyone , you see that hairy kid , younger than me , still the best player of Argentina .

When I meant he would kill the game , it wouldnt be necessarily to get in do like Pele , but he wouldnt certainly save a lot of time and give some headaches to the german's defense

great start... 1-0

and then, 35 minutes of :|

if Italy can play like the first 10 minutes for a whole game, they should be champions... but they don't

it's actually really stresing to see a World Cup and really can't sheer for anyone, because, up to this point, no one deserves it... :|

pepokiss said:

if Italy can play like the first 10 minutes for a whole game, they should be champions... but they don't

Slow down mate , Italy got some good chances as well , but just coz they played a bit good it doesnt mean they can beat some teams that still didnt play 70% of what they can

A bit too much diving from the Italians in the first half, but man.....have they got everything under control? :drool:

This is Italy at their very best. Imagine if they could control the game against the Germans in the same way on tuesday :drool:

The best Italian team I've seen in a very long time. Hope they can keep up in the second half!

U2Man said:

This is Italy at their very best. Imagine if they could control the game against the Germans in the same way on tuesday :drool:

AMEN

J_NP said:

When I meant he would kill the game , it wouldnt be necessarily to get in do like Pele , but he wouldnt certainly save a lot of time and give some headaches to the german's defense

I fully agree, and just saw this commentary on Skysports.com:

However, with the game entering a crucial stage, Pekerman made a host of baffling changes - opting to leave wonder kid Lionel Messi on the sidelines.

Pekerman did have his hands tied in that he was forced into bringing on Leo Franco for injured keeper Roberto Abbondanzieri after 72 minutes, but he still had one change left up his sleeve.

Rather bizarrely he took off Hernan Crespo, who had not had a sniff up front and ran his socks off, for the ineffective Julio Cruz.

Messi would have torn Germany apart, as he did when impressing off the bench against Mexico last weekend, but it was not to be as Argentina crashed out on penalties.

Last edited:
BTW just read , Pekerman asked to leave , and it's no longer the coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom