The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread (and Party) - PART 7 - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2006, 05:31 PM   #106
Refugee

Local Time: 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man
Hey, another thing I've been wanting to say....

....considering the amount of bullshit that all you German people in here (and we know you exist) have had to read from some of us during the last couple of weeks, I think it would be appropriate if we all thanked you for a moment. Thanked you for staying cool and not engaging in any bickering, even though it must have required a lot of self control at times.

Props to our German friends in here
I'm still proud of the German team, regardless. They did a LOT better than anyone imagined. Football gets emotional...so thanks for the interesting conversations.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #107
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss
what I've seen here is...

Barthez screws up once and he's got to be shot?

Once ..... I'm sure you havent seen his last years

Old 07-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #108
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss
what I've seen here is...

Barthez screws up once and he's got to be shot?

France has such a solid defense and their exits are superb too...

Sunday will be a great match (IF Italy plays as yesterday)
Barthez must be the person in this world that is most happy about that defense currently. The only times that Portugal got chances of scoring were when Barthez made silly elementary mistakes.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:37 PM   #109
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:07 PM
The penalty kick was just. The so called non calls against the Chops were also just (as a matter of fact the ref should of booked the Chops for diving and crying). All in all, a really bad game by both teams. Italy will get their Euro 2000 revenge on the French. Germany will man-handle their way to a third place finish.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #110
New Yorker

Dude , sure u watched the game , coz I didnt see any bad on it , save from the lack of goals , I'm thinkin ur comments a bit too much acid withou reason . And somethin tells me u are italian , and I gotta tella ya , please I would hate to root for France in the final , so try to not say "smart" things
Old 07-05-2006, 06:00 PM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by bayernfc

I'm still proud of the German team, regardless. They did a LOT better than anyone imagined. Football gets emotional...so thanks for the interesting conversations.
I admit I was one of those who thought your team would be a joke. Congrats and good luck for Sat
Old 07-05-2006, 06:01 PM   #112
Refugee

Well I decided to stay to listen to Scolari... I liked what he said he's on rage, but he's trying not to show it...
Old 07-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #113
ONE
love, blood, life

I had to go out of town for work and missed the whole game...and my fellow game posters!! Now I have to see if there is a replay of the game on somewhere...
Old 07-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by annie_vox
Well I decided to stay to listen to Scolari... I liked what he said he's on rage, but he's trying not to show it...

I'm proud of him. And I'm proud of our team. We're the biggest surprises of the WC and we've gone plus far than England, Brazil, Netherlands, Argentina...

I wonder when will we win a title...? Maybe when Mourinho leads the team...

Only thinking about those fucking Greeks... they weren't even able to go to this WC for God's sake! That day (the 2004 final) I was proud but really sad and with a lot of anger... today I'm just proud and a bit disapointed, at least I know we've lost with a better team
Old 07-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #115
The Fly

that wasn't suc a great play! they frightened us to death, but, hell, they survived
i'm glad zidane's last game will be a world cup final, the man deserved it for all he gave us for the last 10 years ! he made us dream and i think he's a great man and player !

anyway, they'll have to play better to defeat italy on sunday, just like against brazil, THAT was a game ! Today there was too much fear of loosing on either part
Won't be getting much sleep tonight, there's too much noises outside... the whole counry is celebrating (at least Paris is )
Old 07-05-2006, 06:31 PM   #116
New Yorker

The real sad thing is that if Brazil had played with the same spirit , vigor Portugal had today , I'm sure it would've been 3-1 . With brazil's quality and portugal's spirit , Barthez should have taken at least 3 goals ....

But again Brazil made easier for france , easier .... they practically turned on the party in French , they said "Ok France feel free to beat us " .... Shame Shame Shame .......
Old 07-05-2006, 07:14 PM   #117
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP
The real sad thing is that if Brazil had played with the same spirit , vigor Portugal had today , I'm sure it would've been 3-1 . With brazil's quality and portugal's spirit , Barthez should have taken at least 3 goals ....

But again Brazil made easier for france , easier .... they practically turned on the party in French , they said "Ok France feel free to beat us " .... Shame Shame Shame .......
thank you for your support... really And I'm sure that in four years Brazil will return full strength... As for us, we have to start thinking about the Euro2008
Old 07-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #118
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:07 PM
ohhhhhhhh pooooooooooorrrr Ronaldo. hahhahahahaha

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0....html?from=rss
Old 07-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #119
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man
Hey, another thing I've been wanting to say....

....considering the amount of bullshit that all you German people in here (and we know you exist) have had to read from some of us during the last couple of weeks, I think it would be appropriate if we all thanked you for a moment. Thanked you for staying cool and not engaging in any bickering, even though it must have required a lot of self control at times.

Props to our German friends in here
Thanks mate for the kind words.

For me it's just a game. I wouldn't hate anybody for saying something regarding to soccer.
I even wasn't sad when we lost the game, but laughed because they slept and invited Italy to score that goal.

I just state my point and laugh about people who take that game serious and are in grief even days after.
And I just try to understand the injustice, but nobody answers
Congrats to France.
I should go for France because otherwise Italy would've won on World Cup more than us, but I'm rather neutral and just hope for Germany getting the third place.
Our players have to grow up and gain some experience.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:41 PM   #120
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP
Dude , sure u watched the game , coz I didnt see any bad on it , save from the lack of goals , I'm thinkin ur comments a bit too much acid withou reason . And somethin tells me u are italian , and I gotta tella ya , please I would hate to root for France in the final , so try to not say "smart" things
Sorry dude, can't understand what the hell you're saying or trying to say. And I really don't give a rats ass who you cheer for either. I just tell it like it is. Sorry if you can't handle the truth