The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread (and Party) - PART 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad luck today for portugal , they played better . But in a uninspired day of Ricardo , specially Petit and happy day for Schwasteigger or whatever ..... Though I think you guys agree with me a fair result would be 2-2 or somethin like . It looks like Kahn still is in shape.

Portugal fought well, too bad for them they scored their goal so late in the game...and too bad about the auto-goal. Schweinsteiger's two goals were great though, and Kahn was in very good shape.

The most unfair result of this cup... 2-1 or 3-2 for Germany, or a tie with extra-time would have been the normal result... however, extra-time would be painful because these games are really pointless

Unlucky Petit :( and schweinsteiger was really on fire.

btw, that fucking Ricardo Costa... what a disgrace. how on earth can that idiot play for a national team?? what an awful defender... my dear Jorge Andrade... :|

All in all, very good perfomance by Portugal, I'm really proud. For a country that hadn't gone through the groups phase for 40 years, a 4th place is f-awesome. We lacked a world-class striker during all the competition (like Henry, Klose,Toni,...) though.

For those who say we don't deserve to be in the 1/2 finals... so, who deserved? England? Argentina? Brazil? Maybe we played the same as those teams, but there was something: WE ALWAYS PLAYED LIKE A TEAM. It makes a lot of difference. Our career in this WC is deserved, period.

Cheers... oh, and I'm rooting for Italy tomorrow... my all-time 2nd national team :drool: :drool:

MacPhistoPT said:

For those who say we don't deserve to be in the 1/2 finals... so, who deserved? England? Argentina? Brazil? Maybe we played the same as those teams, but there was something: WE ALWAYS PLAYED LIKE A TEAM. It makes a lot of difference. Our career in this WC is deserved, period.

Ok , se alguem disse , certamente nao foram os brasileiros , nao precisa tanta ironia com o time nao , nao precisa de mais sal na ferida de um pais que estavam torcendo por voces amigo . Pode ter certeza q o brasil ficou feliz com o desempenho de portugal

Portugal has a really shiny and solid future , there's not a question bout that.

J_NP said:

Ok , se alguem disse , certamente nao foram os brasileiros , nao precisa tanta ironia com o time nao , nao precisa de mais sal na ferida de um pais que estavam torcendo por voces amigo . Pode ter certeza q o brasil ficou feliz com o desempenho de portugal

Portugal has a really shiny and solid future , there's not a question bout that.

Calma aí rapaz, juro por tudo que não houve da minha parte a minima intençao de atacar o Brasil... se vires bem eu disse brasil, argentina, inglaterra, como podia ter continuado e dizer ucrania, espanha, holanda, e outras equipas que ficaram para tràs porque em algum momento falharam como equipa ou perderam a consistencia.

se eu tenho razao de queixa de alguem sao dos ingleses, muitos tiveram mau perder e marcaram a selecçao de portugal e o cristiano ronaldo como inimigos para toda a vida ao que parece. do brasil e dos brasileiros, desta vez, só tenho coisas boas a dizer... eu pensava que mesmo a jogar mal voces chegariam pelo menos ás meias-finais, devido aos talentos individuais... tiveram o azar de apanhar uma frança muito forte e compacta

abraço :up:

MacPhistoPT said:

se eu tenho razao de queixa de alguem sao dos ingleses, muitos tiveram mau perder e marcaram a selecçao de portugal e o cristiano ronaldo como inimigos para toda a vida ao que parece. do brasil e dos brasileiros, desta vez, só tenho coisas boas a dizer... eu pensava que mesmo a jogar mal voces chegariam pelo menos ás meias-finais, devido aos talentos individuais... tiveram o azar de apanhar uma frança muito forte e compacta

abraço :up:

Eh eu cansei de argumentar com eles , mas nao tem jeito nao , ingleses sao assim mesmo , eles nao com muita cabeca nao , e basicamente eh isso , eles queriam de todo jeito um bode espiatorio para derrota e caiu sobre o 17 de vcs .... eh choro de perdedor no final das contas , nao liguem

Qto a franca , eh o q eu digo , nao foram eles q ganharam , foi o brasil q nem sequer entrou em campo simples assim , parece q so se lembraram q tava numa copa contra o japao , de resto ........

Anyway With or Without Scolari , good luck in the euro 2008 . A ultima jah foi um resultado bom , quem sabe a sorte ainda nao eh melhor na proxima .

Exato annie , como eu disse nao precisa nem falar de quem sera a torcida daq em 2008

MacPhistoPT said:
Our career in this WC is deserved, period.

Sorry but from the second round onwards you score a whole 2 goals, and thats including the 3rd place play off. YOu played a 10 man england and still couldnt score and u played a bad tempered clash with holland.

You like england had a problem scoring goals and without diving or ref's descisions going in your favour the WC would of gone differently not just for portugal, but for most teams.

so saying period is poor judgement.

Well, I will say that the overall level of this World Cup was mediocre at best... the lowest goal average since 1990 and the highest ever number of yellow and red cards shows that boring football prevailed... after all, look at the teams that made it far, all teams that prefer defensive over offensive football...

And Portugal... well, I think fourth place is ok with them, even though the team never showed much. Perhaps their high point was beating Mexico on the first round, because they never played well after that.

And Germany, well... some people may like being third. But, for me, if you play at home, not winning the World Cup is a failure. And Germany was lucky to even make it that far, as they were outplayed by both Argentina and Italy.

I may sound bitter, but this World Cup was way too boring for my taste. I am praying for an entertaining final tomorrow, but that might be just wishful thinking at this point.

This WC was boring for one reason and thats the ref's and FIFA's agenda.

J_NP said:
Bad luck today for portugal , they played better . But in a uninspired day of Ricardo , specially Petit and happy day for Schwasteigger or whatever ..... Though I think you guys agree with me a fair result would be 2-2 or somethin like . It looks like Kahn still is in shape.

What!!! They had 60% of the ball and did nothing with it. And no, a 5 - 1 Germany win would've been a fair result. Do you even watch the games or know anything about soccer :wink: I was close in my prediction though... I did say 3 - 0 Germany before the start of the game (yes, I know my shit). And Christina Ronaldo is the biggest cry baby on the planet who deserves the diver of the tournament award. If he only would stop trying to show off and play the fucking game maybe he'd be alright...what a loser :huh:

vaz02 said:
This WC was boring for one reason and thats the ref's and FIFA's agenda.

Boring??? Are you serious??? Oh, wait is it because you're team is out. Poor thing. No, the last WC was a total disgrace. It's nice to see three top Euro power houses finish in the top three of this tournament.

Achtung Joshua! said:

What!!! They had 60% of the ball and did nothing with it. And no, a 5 - 1 Germany win would've been a fair result. Do you even watch the games or know anything about soccer :wink: I was close in my prediction though... I did say 3 - 0 Germany before the start of the game (yes, I know my shit). And Christina Ronaldo is the biggest cry baby on the planet who deserves the diver of the tournament award. If he only would stop trying to show off and play the fucking game maybe he'd be alright...what a loser :huh:

:lmao:

Keep trying.

the rockin edge said:

i dunno, there's several other candidates...although most of them do play for portugal.

Grosso, Henry, Ronaldo, Ballack, Asamoah, Camoranesi, Ribery... they don't play for Portugal, I guess.

But yeah, Cristiano Ronaldo needs to grow up and realize he messes a lot of good chances by diving. and then he shouts to the ref... that's really lame, I admit. Pauleta had some bad attitudes during the WC too for that matter.

On the otherside, it's awesome to see how you and a lot of other english people still are bitter against portugal. yeah, we've been a problem for you over the last six years... get over it

I'm just taking the piss, don't get annoyed :p I don't want any more mess about this stuff, it's over... it's over. But on the other hand I'm sick of seeing stupid criticism to C.Ronaldo and Portugal.

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:
Well, I will say that the overall level of this World Cup was mediocre at best... the lowest goal average since 1990 and the highest ever number of yellow and red cards shows that boring football prevailed... after all, look at the teams that made it far, all teams that prefer defensive over offensive football...

So all the experts must be wrong who said that Germany played, except from the semi-finale against Italy and partly the game agains Argentina, offensive football.

And that's including not only German experts like Beckenbauer (despite the fact that I hate this man) or former players, but also the international experts.

There is an article in Spiegel about that fact, that it was a great World Cup looking at the atmosphere and all, but a boring World Cup qualitywise.

He said most teams didn't try to show their own strenghts, but tried to destroy the strenghts of the other team and so the players couldn't show their talent.

I think he is right, but I also think that Germany played the most offensive football since more tan 30 years.

Thanks for the link, annie_vox, that's hilarious :)

MacPhistoPT said:

Grosso, Henry, Ronaldo, Ballack, Asamoah, Camoranesi, Ribery... they don't play for Portugal, I guess.

But yeah, Cristiano Ronaldo needs to grow up and realize he messes a lot of good chances by diving. and then he shouts to the ref... that's really lame, I admit. Pauleta had some bad attitudes during the WC too for that matter.

don't get me started on Ballack.:wink:

sure those people dive also, but the team doign the most diving collectivly was portugal, led by: Ronaldo, Deco, Figo, Pauleta, Postiga..

and i'm not bitter either, just hate watching diving/cheating.

U2@NYC said:

And Portugal... well, I think fourth place is ok with them, even though the team never showed much. Perhaps their high point was beating Mexico on the first round, because they never played well after that.

And Germany, well... some people may like being third. But, for me, if you play at home, not winning the World Cup is a failure. And Germany was lucky to even make it that far, as they were outplayed by both Argentina and Italy.

I may sound bitter, but this World Cup was way too boring for my taste. I am praying for an entertaining final tomorrow, but that might be just wishful thinking at this point.

I left for Europe on vacation and haven't had computer access, nece did see if you out your money where your England world cup confidence was, did you?

Remember, $25 donation to www.bpkids.org

Still on BlackBerry access only, so won't be checking in until back in the us, hope to see a game as well, and fairly, played as the Italy semi final. Also hope its as well refereed, against fifa directive he let them play, and didn't hand out an excess of cards yet he had total control of the game and the players stopped diving when they realized he was having none of it

So, here's to Totti and Henry showing off only their football skills today, and the world cup coming home. To Italy.

Date: 9.7.06
Time: 19:00 GMT
Event: The French "Crepes" thrash the Italian "Cheaters" and win their second world cup in eight years.

VIVE LA FRANCE!
VIVE LA BARTHEZ!
VIVE LA ZHIDANE!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't the Italian clubs that are involved in the ongoing trial accused of doping their players too, or is it "just" bribery?

Imagine that Italy won tonight and all the clubs were found guilty in a few days time. 13 of the players in the Italian squad would be regarded as criminals.

U2Man said:
Aren't the Italian clubs that are involved in the ongoing trial accused of doping their players too, or is it "just" bribery?

Imagine that Italy won tonight and all the clubs were found guilty in a few days time. 13 of the players in the Italian squad would be regarded as criminals.

Hardly

Just as it was a handful of high level execs at enron and worldcom, same is true of the clubs.

The players are not on trial, and nothing untoward has been suggested other than some nets buffon placed and even then nothing came of it

U2Man said:

it's "just" bribery.
(from what I know) none of the players are involved... it's all about f :censored: ing team managers and refs :mad:
as if it isn't enough that we're called MAFIA on a daily basis :grumpy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom