The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread (and Party) - PART 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Italian Politician Riccardo Villari is demanding the truth out of Materazzi , after that it seems the comment he made was "dirty african terrorist" , He says :

"It's not only a matter of fair play , In such delicate and dramatic moment to call a player with an Algerian origin of a terrorist is a gesture that could create some serious tensions. "

Actually not quite , you see 2002 They gave the title for Kahn before the final , while it turned out he took 2 goals , one of them dropping the ball , and while it was clear who deserved was Ronaldo . Same in 98 , Zidane was the one who deserved it , but the title was given before the final so .....

Achtung Joshua! said:
Zidane is a piece of shit. For a class legend to act out like a retard is a joke. A well deserved red card in my books any day. Players say shit to each other all the time. Get over it. And they gave the Golden Ball to that idiot too :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

with the exception of calling him a piece of shit, because he was a genius with the ball, i agree with everything you said.

and lett's remember that it was not the first zidane's assault in a world cup.

giving him the golden ball was a deadly injury to what fifa want us to call fair play.

Speaking to Ansa Agency , Materazzi gave the 1st statement , and He denied calling Zidane a "dirty terrorist" ..... and He apparently said that he doesn't know what a terrorist neither a islamic is :eyebrow:

This is from BBC Sport:
Sources in France say it is believed Materazzi insulted Zidane's mother.

Materazzi himself has not spoken publicly about the incident except to deny a claim by Paris-based anti-racism group SOS Racism, made on Monday, that he had called Zidane "a dirty terrorist".

"It is absolutely not true, I did not call him a terrorist. I'm ignorant. I don't even know what the word means," the Italian news agency Ansa quoted Materazzi as saying after the Italian team returned to Rome.

Yes, Materazzi is an :angel: and I guess Zidane the :macdevil: goes head-butting for no reason.
Like we'll buy that.

And we have more , from wikipedia :

" Materazzi has also been involved in several controversial incidents during his time at Inter. He was suspended two months for punching Siena's Bruno Cirillo after a Serie A match "

And they say in Zidane's page , that HE confirmed being called .... terrorist ..... :eyebrow:

All that speculation....

Zidane's agent has just said that Zidane will explain himself in a few days. Let's wait and see.

I already said that I don't like Materazzi... I don't like his behaviour on the field sometimes.
but Zidane acted like a psycho before, too... and when he was playing for Juventus he headbulled another player on his head, just like he did yesterday :huh:
I don't know what caused his outburst last night, but he's not new at this kind of behaviour either :shrug:

anyway, just wanted to remember you that both players are wrong :reject:

U2Man said:
All that speculation....

Zidane's agent has just said that Zidane will explain himself in a few days. Let's wait and see.

yes
I was about to say that
I'm looking forward to hearing Zidane but I'm sure he won't say what Materazzi told him. Zidane will apologize and that's all.

Most likely , I dont see Zidane comin out and saying "He called me this and that , and said ...... "

But It would be pretty fair and reasonable to see the guy gettin any punishment .

And Finally as comic relief of day ,
another proof of how dangerous he is :wink:

materazzi-ps2.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if other players heard what they were saying to each other? Perhaps Materazzi could be reported to FIFA.

well I'm itlaian mother language and seen by the tv and watching the lipsynch i guess he (materazzi) is just saying to zizou: "so who you think you are, a phenomenon to play like this?"
but I might be wrong, and he might have said something other afterwards...
remember that zizou knows italians perfectly since he played in juventus for many years...that said, the reactions of such a violence is NEVER justified...if you're a classy player just IGNORE the provocation...why to react and pass to the guilty side?? I used to consider Zidane a world class player but he disappointed me very much...imagine pele react this way to an offence of an humble player of another team....surreal...no, zidane had a terrible day yesterday...his farewell to football was the worst one immaginable...
and zizou is not even new to this kind of things!!!
but all this is distracting us from the great success to Italy, the triumph of soccer a collective sport, the victory as a TEAM!!! Thank you, azzurri!!!!:wink: :wink: :wink: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Materazzi :down:
Zidane :down:

This World Cup :down:

Argentina scoring the best three goals of this competition, according to FIFA = priceless.

And, after this, they even have the tupee of calling Portugal the most entertaining team to watch... :tsk: Portugal did not entertain anyone, apart from dives and fights.

the rockin edge said:

you have to be kidding. :|

It is what FIFA said today...

The Most Entertaining Team presented by Yahoo! - PORTUGAL
The winners of this particular award were decided upon by FIFAworldcup.com's users, who declared that Luiz Felipe Scolari's Portugal had set their pulses racing more than any other team.

Embarassing.

Apparently the Brazil TV network Globo hired a lip-reader to have a look at the "Zidane" incident. It seems Materazzi called Zidane's sister a prostitute twice.

Who knows what else he might have thrown at him during the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom