The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread (and Party) - PART 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J_NP said:
Wow wow here comes Conspiracy

According to certain italian journalists ..... some players in Spain were using doping , one of them Zidane ..... and what Materazzi would have said this , somethin like this : "I know everythin .... I know about it all and gonna say it " and as well , under this possible "substance " Zidane , would have lost his tempers like he did .

To be honest , dont believe , but in case u come across somethin like this ........

Hahaha!
Sorry, can't help but laugh about this one.

The FIFA does doping tests.
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/med.html

It's not the first time Zidane has lost his temper on the field:

Playing for Juventus five years ago, Zidane butted Jochen Kientz of Hamburger SV in a Champions League match, also earning a red card.

Eight years ago, Zidane was red-carded for stomping on an opponent while playing Saudi Arabia.

Yeah Miringeltje who follows football remembers this , we dont news to remind this , but still ..... the way the thing happened , it was a direct response to what was said/done , nothing like these last times

And Yeah like I said , I couldnt believe less in the story but apparently italian journals are goin to publish it tomorrow

Zidane has ruined his WC lol :lol: wot a idiot lol.
What eva was said was wrong , but to do it on the pitch is terrible.
If zidane was so cold hearted on the pitch surely he could of waited till after the game.

Miringeltje said:

Can you post what you found?

Just in here, we've seen 2-3. But it seems to have settled down in the last hour or two on the net.
The latest(for US media) is:
"FOXSports.com's Jamie Trecker reports that French players told French media members that Materazzi used a racial slur which prompted the headbutt."

I'm sure Italian (and/or French, etc.) media could report different things.

J_NP said:
apparently italian journals are goin to publish it tomorrow

Oh WOW!

There already is a big doping scandal involving cyclists.
That investigation is also taken place in Spain.

And now they're throwing some soccer players in the mix as well.

Next thing you know the soccer players got the dope from the cyclists or vice versa! :wink:

Gotta love all these speculations and conspiracy theories!

Just one thing Miringeltje , J_NP has no idea of what is " soccer "

lol. Anything that is scandales at the moment will be in the public eye, especially considering whats going on in seria a. Nothing will suprise me at the moment. The old jueve coach said similair things were going on in england yesterday.

so the spanish dope things wouldnt suprise me.

J_NP said:
Just one thing Miringeltje , J_NP has no idea of what is " soccer "

Sure you do.
I believe there already has been a discussion about this before the World Cup even started.
Soccer is the American word for what the English call "football".
And in my native language (Dutch) we say: "voetbal".
Enough said.

Goddam Italy. I am ordering a hit. They cheated their way past Australia, and they had to sink so low to annyoing agrubably the best player of the tournament so he gets sent off.

Italy are an absolute disgrace and did not deserve to win.

No offence to any Italians here.

MMm just saw something new :

According to a video featuring lyp reading , if it's correct :

Materazzi said something nasty about Zidane's sister , twice , and after he said something like ...... "What u're gonna do " ....... something racist here

After when Buffon talks with Zidane , they speak in italian , Buffon admits he went to ask the red card for him , say to Zidane he's sorry for doing this , and apologizes for what Zidane had heard .... zidane is speaking with him , but back to the camera so u dont see what he speaks , but supposedly explains what happened , and Buffon is sympathetic and agrees that was wrong , but so was Zidane's respone and that was correct the color of the card

J_NP said:

366989-4959-cp.jpg

Well if there's a bright side to this, I guess this won't have the same meaning anymore :wink: .

COBL_04 said:
Goddam Italy. I am ordering a hit. They cheated their way past Australia, and they had to sink so low to annyoing agrubably the best player of the tournament so he gets sent off.

None taken as you don't have a clue, no offence. They had a more legit penalty claim against Australia than France did last night, as for the "annoying" bs, that stuff goes on in the heat of battle both ways in all major sports, doesn't make it right bit zidane is notoriously hotheaded and responded in the most unprofessional manner possible, sucks for him. Showed some "highlights" of some of his previous headbutt and nasty red cards on TV lay night, you'd think hed have matured over the years, clearly not, he's as nasty a piece of work as there is

Italy allowed 2 goals the whole tournament, one a penalty and one an own goal, and they scored 12

Only one team scored a non-penalty goal last night, only one team had the woodwork deny them a second goal, only one team kept their cool under fire

No amount of amateur long distance lip readers or sore loser Australia fans can take away what they richly deserve and earned through hard work, organization and no small amount of skill

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!!!!!!

Nah, Zidane isn't nasty at all - he doesn't go around provoking other players, rarely dives and many football players say he's very gentle, very shy and very kind....But yes, he has a temper that rears its ugly head when provoked.......

Payback for euro 2000 which Italy dominated but France tied in the dying seconds then won with one of those thankfully gone "golden goals"

When WAS the last time the French scored in open play? The Spain game?

Game of the tournament? Semi final between Italy and Germany

Goal? Cambiossa's

Player? Tie betwee Gattuso and Cannavarro

Italian guy did hold the same shoulder that was in pain, but on the tape you can see Zidane walk away and headbutt him later...I agree Materazzi probably said something very nasty to him. :down:

Wish they had some way of audio supervision of the players and you could get a card for provocations too.

COBL_04 said:

No offence.
Perhaps we did not deserve it. I feel we were just luckier.

But the thing Zidane did was crazy. I dunno what Materazzi told him but the reaction was :huh:

But the parties in the cities were great.

Because I am a good sport, I will extend my hand and offer my congratulations to Italy for winning the world cup.

I was rooting for France (as you know) but after that horrible display by Zidane (regardless of the reason) I felt that I couldn't support them anymore.

A world class player like Zidane should have known better than to lose his cool during what was supposed to be a triumphant end to a great career - instead he let himself lose control and behaved horribly. That was really bad judgement and bad sportsmanship.

Italy clearly didn't deserve to win - France totally dominated the playing field and had a lot more striking opportunities than the Italians.

I'm not thrilled that Italy won but, under the circumstances, I'm glad that Zidane didn't get to lift the cup.

Besides...........as far as I'm concerned, the Aussie socceroos won the world cup!!!

GO AUSTRALIA!!!!

See you guys in 2010...........

Last edited:
after so many accusations done by the french to the portuguese of being divers and savages without fair-play, i am glad that the world could see yesterday who was the best diver from the tournment (malouda) and the most savage (zizou).

congrats to italy, the best team of the tournment. we owe them the victory over the french arrogancy.

COBL_04 said:
Goddam Italy. I am ordering a hit. They cheated their way past Australia,B]

They didnt cheat their way past Australia, yeah the guy took a dive, but if your going to blame anyone blame the ref. He made the dogy decision. Diving is also a National sport in Italy :wink:

bedouin fire said:
after so many accusations done by the french to the portuguese of being divers and savages without fair-play, i am glad that the world could see yesterday who was the best diver from the tournment (malouda) and the most savage (zizou).

congrats to italy, the best team of the tournment. we owe them the victory over the french arrogancy.

Well, they were hardly the BEST in the tournament........

bedouin fire said:

Portuguese were diving a lot. They were playing in a savage way against Holland.
Italy really has no place to accuse anyone else of diving and rough fouls though. Thank big mouth Materazzi for the foul, not Zidane.

Most savage player has to be De Rossi for elbowing that US player so hard he bled. French team were better for the major part of the game.

Please... so now we have to excuse zidane... c.ronaldo has been condemnded all over the world because he did what everybody does (run to the ref when he see a mete being kicked, like a lot of italians did yesterday), the same for deco for tackling a dutch after a huge lack of respect from this one by not giving the ball back... and now poor zizou can't stand some nasty words... poor baby.

c'mon, he did the same in 98 and a few more times in the spanish championship. for me he was the best player since maradona but he had so much of great player as of an agressor.

The referee saw the Rooney foul anyway, so there was no need to protest anything. (if that's what he said - I still think he demanded a card for Rooney)
What Deco did was unnecessary rough game; should have gotten a red card for it.

No one said this means what Rooney or the Holland guy not giving the ball back was ok.

Everyone condemned what Zidane did already... However, I think Materazzi shares the blame for it as this was his intention, making Zidane go nuts - I think the provocators should be punished too, especially if he used a racist slur. Name calling and foul language has no place in football, just like fouls like Zidane's.
It's easy to say "he can't stand a few nasty words" - IMO everyone's buttons can be pushed if you know what to do/say. The more I look at that video, the more I get the feeling Materazzi pinched/grabbed Zidane's injured shoulder before the incident. :mad:
I really hope we get Zidane's side of this story.

I think Zidane would be a part of penalty kicks after overtime and that he would help his team have a better chance at winning. Why was the bad-shape, little-playtime Trezeguet a part of penalty kicks?

Last edited:
The best strikers get to do the penalties, and those who are best in it.
For sure Zidane would have done a penalty kick.
Trezeguet is a striker and very good, only yesterday he had no luck.
That happens, and it could happen to everyone. Like Zidane's penalty earlier in the game. Only a tiny bit higher, and the ball what have gone the way like when Trezeguet shot.
But it's normally better to let the strikers shoot first, then the defenders. And hope for luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom