The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread (and Party) - PART 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ntalwar said:

I didn't think Portugal were much better than Brazil, if at all.

Are you crazy , this looked much more to a vacation trip for most of brazilians

You cant even say this was the worst participation ever of Brazil , coz they DIDNT even did the participating thing

While Portugal was a team , had a tactic decided , and had a coach , if only they had more Figos , Decos , Maniches and a better striker .....

Last edited:
J_NP said:

You cant even say this was the worst participation ever of Brazil , coz they DIDNT even did the participating thing

While Portugal was a team , had a tactic decided , and had a coach , if only they had more Figos , Decos , Maniches and a better striker .....

Please any MOD can delete this message

J_NP said:

Yeah , Brazil never really played as if they were hear to win it.

J_NP said:

:huh: How many goals did Portugal score in the knockout stages? They're overrated.

ntalwar said:

:huh: How many goals did Portugal score in the knockout stages? They're overrated.

Portugal had everything apart from the man to make the net ripple, if only they had a out and out striker. Or if pauleta was on form.

vaz02 said:

Portugal had everything apart from the man to make the net ripple, if only they had a out and out striker. Or if pauleta was on form.

Exactly , put a Inzaghi , a 100kg Ronaldo for that matter , or a Klose in that team , and you would see what happened

Last edited:
ntalwar said:

How many goals the top scored did ntal , how many goals this cup had , this cup was terrible on this mate . You cant put that on considering a team's perfomance.

if a 100kg Ronaldo had to do all the diving you have to do to be selected to be in the portugese attack a couple of stadiums would have collapsed :D

Miringeltje said:
The Netherlands should have won against Portugal.
Too bad that didn't happen.

why? what have Netherlands shown in that game more than Portugal?

J_NP, dude, Brazil should be in 7th I guess... you guys lost in the 90 minutes and Argentina and England lost in the penalties, so they should come first. Anyway that's not important, only the winners will be remembered.

Ok that's enough Salome :wink: I only put that to make example of what he would be still able to do ..... not for dull jokes ;)

Salome said:
if a 100kg Ronaldo had to do all the diving you have to do to be selected to be in the portugese attack a couple of stadiums would have collapsed :D

he made a ridiculous dive against France in the 89th minute, that gave Brazil a dangerous free-kick that was almost goal. So I believe he would pass the test :wink:

just kidding... for ridiculous dives we have the useless Pauleta and Postiga. :)

I'm really worried about the future of our attack. :(

MacPhistoPT said:

J_NP, dude, Brazil should be in 7th I guess... you guys lost in the 90 minutes and Argentina and England lost in the penalties, so they should come first. Anyway that's not important, only the winners will be remembered.

We should be out of anything , coz for the 111th time I will repeat , Brazil didnt enter in this cup , I should made this my sign

About the place now I've seen , the thing was Brazil made 12 pts , despite not gettin in the field , neither Arg or Eng did the same pts

J_NP said:

We should be out of anything , coz for the 111th time I will repeat , Brazil didnt enter in this cup , I should made this my sign

About the place now I've seen , the thing was Brazil made 12 pts , despite not gettin in the field , neither Arg or Eng did the same pts

Oh, okay, I didn't see it from that point. :up:

MacPhistoPT said:

he made a ridiculous dive against France in the 89th minute, that gave Brazil a dangerous free-kick that was almost goal. So I believe he would pass the test :wink:

just kidding... for ridiculous dives we have the useless Pauleta and Postiga. :)

I'm really worried about the future of our attack. :(

No wonder I heard last years , Portugal could made a much better use of Jardel .... but Brazil already gave Portugal lot didnt , just kidding :wink:

But anyway what you say , what u would think of Jardel playin in the Lusa Team

Talking of which .... :|

I only now did some maths , even Brazil that even didnt get in the field , made 12 points

Italy :

3 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 3 - 13 points

Considering the draws in normal time with Germany and France - more 2 points

Which means Italy was champion , but only 3 points ahead of the 5th Place
:ohmy: :eyebrow:

Now you all got what is a very low level cup

J_NP said:

How many goals the top scored did ntal , how many goals this cup had , this cup was terrible on this mate . You cant put that on considering a team's perfomance.

I still wasn't impressed either on other factors. And just because someone doesn't agree with you does not make them:coocoo:

Sorry mate , was joking , I think you had got it , coz u was kinda defending Brazil and all , and I was putting down ..... The word "crazy" wasnt certainly not the best , bad call

Sorry for the misunderstanding .... ;) Dont worry , you wont see me attacking anyone , specioally you that I could have good discussions other day

^OK - it's cool - I misunderstood your wording. I just wasn't impressed by either 4 or 5, and you were impressed by 4 but not 5.

Another considerations , name of the cup : Easily - Ronaldo

RONALDO - The most joked by the world
RONALDinho - The Biggest disappointment of the cup
C RONALDO - The Most Hated

Add with that from the final :

Materazzi - Scored , Collapsed , helped on the penalties

And Finally , Zizou :wink: :

" Scored , Knocked , Lost it "

MacPhistoPT said:
why? what have Netherlands shown in that game more than Portugal?

Things got way out of hand during that match.
I personally didn't watch it, 'cause it was the middle of the night in China.
But I talked to my dad afterwards and he said the ref had a really bad influence on that game.
Shouldn't have given that many cards.

And if you look at the stats, about everything is in favor of the Netherlands.

Can't wait to hear what he (my dad) has to say about this match or this World Cup in general.
He probably saw all the matches.
'Cause he loves soccer.
He has great knowledge about the game and a very objective view (even when his own country is playing).

When I was little (and there was only one TV in the house) , I always watched all the games he watched on TV with him.

Luckily for my mom, there are 2 TV's now.
Yeah, my dad has his own TV room where he can watch as much sport programs as he likes.
Now that the World Cup is over, I'm sure he'll be watching the Tour de France.

I married a guy who doesn't like soccer and isn't interested in it at all (except when the home country is doing good, then he can bare to look at it).

So I kinda miss the old days when I watched soccer with my dad.

I already know he thought Brazil wasn't playing well at all.
And so he wasn't surprised when they got knocked out.
'Cause that's what he told me last time I spoke to him.

And I have a feeling that when I ask him to look back on the whole tournament and tell me which team deserved to win it, he's (probably) gonna say Germany.

Last edited:
I still can't believe it...... :ohmy:
18.JPG

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Azzurri!!!! :happy:

(Zidane??? was he on crack? :huh: )

Interesting that Buffon made a statement not denyin he went for accusing Zidane , and they used to be team mates , I would like to see how will this be considered , remembering the whole Rooney - Ronaldo incident .... Will Buffon have the same treatment

J_NP said:
Interesting that Buffon made a statement not denyin he went for accusing Zidane , and they used to be team mates , I would like to see how will this be considered , remembering the whole Rooney - Ronaldo incident .... Will Buffon have the same treatment

No one from the FIFA side of things seen the zidane incident , unlike the rooney ronaldo thing.

Interesting about the low amount of total points and the low amount of goals.
Perhaps that explains why this whole tournament wasn't really exciting to me.
Quite boring actually.
Or maybe I just watched the wrong matches.
The fact that the Netherlands didn't survive the second round probably has something to do with it too.
Plus that I didn't see a lot of matches to begin with.
Because I went on vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom