The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread (and Party) - PART 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J_NP said:
Huh , didnt get it

Didn't you see the visual collage of the best moments of this cup with scenes of U2 playing One on the Vertigo tour?!

Awesome! Football and U2, 2 of my favorite things and I got it all on tape. :drool:

:D

gratz Italy , one of the best teams from the WC after a slow start.
Bad luck to france , blame Zidane for your defeat.

i lost 10 quid to my brother :madspit:

Is there a single match in this World Cup that you think you will always remember?

Maybe this final, but I don't think we've had a single legendary match during this cup. And that's a shame.

Zootlesque said:

Didn't you see the visual collage of the best moments of this cup with scenes of U2 playing One on the Vertigo tour?!

Awesome! Football and U2, 2 of my favorite things and I got it all on tape. :drool:

:D

No I missed damn

:scream: :scream:

Was it a fifa showing , images from fifa

It's about 5 am here, I'm off to school soon. No sleep tonight. :down:

Congrats to Italy, they deserved it.

Oh, and one thing I just realized, since everyone's so quick to jump on the 'Germany are Polish bandwagon':

Camoranesi is "Argentinian".
Tonight's ref comes from where?

Not that it mattered in the end, mind you.

Achtung Joshua! said:

Boring??? Are you serious??? Oh, wait is it because you're team is out. Poor thing. No, the last WC was a total disgrace. It's nice to see three top Euro power houses finish in the top three of this tournament.

Being english you cant let things like that ruin international sporting events for ya.

3 old european power houses you mean.

Gratz Italy
Gratz Germany
Hard luck napoleon

ntalwar said:

I don't think he's allowed back out after a RC.

I believe he is. As soon as the ref has ended the game, he can enter the field again.

So not only does he go out on a red card and lets down his team in a huge match like this, his replacement missed a penalty.

Too bad for France. Better in the second half and overtime.

Italians are still a bit cold

They have to learn how to celebrate

2c12316v.jpg

Lehmann got sent off against Barcelona and still went out to receive his loser's medal.

So unless the folks organizing the World Cup are more strict, it was Zidane's choice not to go out.

U2girl said:
So not only does he go out on a red card and lets down his team in a huge match like this, his replacement missed a penalty.

Too bad for France. Better in the second half and overtime.

Yeah, it's like Zidane wanted to be remembered as a jerk. It makes no sense. :huh:

U2Man said:
Is there a single match in this World Cup that you think you will always remember?

Maybe this final, but I don't think we've had a single legendary match during this cup. And that's a shame.

Final was a good game, the thing I will remember most is street fighting aka Portugal-Holland game and the amount of cards overall in this WC, and bad referees.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Lehmann got sent off against Barcelona and still went out to receive his loser's medal.

So unless the folks organizing the World Cup are more strict, it was Zidane's choice not to go out.

the manor of how zidane was sent off was totally different.
you cant compare the 2

I keep hoping Zidane reconsiders his retirement after tonight. There has to be a better way to go out...

vaz02 said:

the manor of how zidane was sent off was totally different.
you cant compare the 2

Uh, the rules are the same. A red card is a red card.

In the end of the day it was fair

A WC with low skill level could only be won by Italy

Though this is one cup to be easily forgotten

Even 90 was better

I woulsn't dare to disagree that Zidane deserved the red card for what he did
but did anyone else got the feeling that the linesman only went to tell the ref about it after the replay was shown (probably shown on the screens in the stadium also)

is it allowed to book players while the ref and linesmen didn't see the offence happening themselves

What Zidane did was so incredibly stupid, you'd think he had planned it. He didn't look frustrated or mad or anything when he did it. He looked like a cold-blooded psychopath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom