The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread (and Party) - PART 7 - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #151
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:20 PM
So you're italian Xavi ..........

Old 07-06-2006, 10:38 PM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP
What you say of my Team of the Cup , though I have to say the 2002 team looked more exciting , the 2002 cup was more excitin , but thats not tha point , anyway .....

Buffon

Miguel
Cannavaro
R. Carvalho
Lahm

Maniche
Pirlo
Zidane

C Ronaldo
Klose
Henry
You picked an all-European team. I would replace Carvalho by Ayala and C. Ronaldo by Crespo. I know I'm biased, but Argentina was perhaps the team that did not make it to the semis that showed the best football.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I was thinking of whom to support in this final and I am torn. On one side, I have the team of my family, but that represents perhaps a bunch of corrupt players, referees and authorities. It would kind of be a shame if Italy will lift the cup, knowing how corrupted the local championship is, and that many of these players play for corrupted clubs (such as Juventus or Milan).

On the other hand, I have a team of "oldies", where several players will retire from the team after this World Cup and that plays, in my opinion, ugly football (only one striker, lots of big defenders, etc.). It would be a nice farewell for Zidane, but I don't know.

I also have this feeling that this WC Champion will command less respect than what Brazil got after winning the last WC. After all, both Italy and France seem to be "beatable" teams that could lose to any of the other top teams in the world.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:52 PM   #154
New Yorker

Well , we cant forget that the fact that the cup is in europe helped , save from BRA and ARG , every team since the quarters were europeans . Well the point is ,

1st - Let's not get back to this discussion, t but Argentina played ONE magical game indeed , but against who ...... a drunken and already beaten .

2nd - Cant really trust the Ayala , he looks like anytime he's goin ask for a red card , besides not that the penalty was that important , but a guy who kicks like that , where are other great or better defensers ...... it's a definitely

3rd - How come u want to take out Ronaldo , he which is a great winger striker , just learnt this word yesterday winger which in spanish is Ponta as well I think like here . Any way the point is if you asked to put Messior or Saviola perhaps but what the.... will I do with a Crespo who is nothin but a good-regular striker , and i already put Klose on the team

4-You arent a very fan of portugal arent ya pablo
Old 07-06-2006, 10:57 PM   #155
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I think France deserves a lot of respect if they win. They allowed only one goal combined against Spain, Brazil, and Portugal and two goals total so far. It'll help show that 1998 was not a fluke too.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:59 PM   #156
New Yorker

Since the end of the 1st round , France played 3 games but against 2 Teams mate , Spain and Portugal.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:49 AM   #157
Refugee

I don't know who to support either... I guess that I'll decide that during the game on Sunday.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #158
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP
Since the end of the 1st round , France played 3 games but against 2 Teams mate , Spain and Portugal.

Ummm..... so you're saying that Brazil doesn't count as a team??
Old 07-07-2006, 10:40 AM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:20 AM
exactly... they never were

it was like Real Madrid... but in yellow

GO FRANCE!!! (Al Bundy would kill me if he sees me saying this)
Old 07-07-2006, 12:39 PM   #160
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by karls77

Ummm..... so you're saying that Brazil doesn't count as a team??
Pepokiss pretty much said it . Brazil was only a team against Japan , Brazil only DID play on this cup against Japan . No wonder it was the only one Robinho and Juninho started playin together , point is , save from the Japan game , Brazil never put their feet on the fields

Does anyone question that .....
Old 07-07-2006, 12:52 PM   #161
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:20 AM
too much dead weight... Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Emerson, Lucio... and of course they "couldn't" be out of the team...

no hunger... maybe for dollars... or Big Macs, for Ronaldo :giggles:
Old 07-07-2006, 01:02 PM   #162
New Yorker

Ok wait a second Lucio did an outstandin cup , he's the one cant be touched ........... And neither him or Emerson were " intouchable " on the A team

So you said a right comment I give you that , but dont start with the lashin and unbased critics , I know you love to bash Brazil , but that have been taken care of , there was lot of shame already mate so ... drop it
Old 07-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #163
Acrobat

Dont know who i want to win on Sunday, ive been pretty wrong on predictions this WC, didnt think either France or Italy would get to the final, either way both teams have done better in tournaments than England, weve fought both of them in wars as well,so with regret i say FORZA ITALIA, ALLEZ LES BLUES.lets have a classic final.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #164
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by zoobeatle
Dont know who i want to win on Sunday, ive been pretty wrong on predictions this WC, didnt think either France or Italy would get to the final, either way both teams have done better in tournaments than England, weve fought both of them in wars as well,so with regret i say FORZA ITALIA, ALLEZ LES BLUES.lets have a classic final.
Yeah that's what I think too... But I have a small personal reason to support Italy... but since it has nothing to do with football I guess it can't help me decide
Old 07-07-2006, 06:53 PM   #165
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoobeatle
weve fought both of them in wars as well
From that standpoint, for Germany it's hard in any championship to be for anyone else.