The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Now I see it , oh boy I never really had heard of this kind of Gaelic football , in fact When I heard Bono saying the GAA thing , I thought he was talkin bout the league of football in Ireland , kind of football like the one of this thread .

Anyway you guys tell me , whats the football (the usual) team of Dublin , do they have a stadium ?

Yeah there are a couple teams in Dublin, Bohemians, Shamrock Rovers and Shelbourne are the big teams in the city.

They all have their own stadia....their capacities are that great though probably 15,000-20,000, don't know for sure but I'm assuming they are small.

There is Croke Park though which is the Gaelic Stadium, which at max is about 80,000 capacity I think.

MMm thats cool , who knows One day I get to put my foot in there to watch u2 on Slane :drool: or Croke Park which would be epic as well , and I could add and watch one game of these.

jimmmm said:

So a player gets injured & that makes him shite, & there's me thinking it was mainly down to a lack of ability all this time, thanks aussie you've opened my eyes to this thing in England we call football, were the fuck would us English be without you cultured, eloquent, articulate, sophisticated, intellectual, lovely people, must rush got to go tell my eldest son where we've been going wrong all the time, thanks once again.

Rooney is young, inexperienced and injured. What worth is the bloke's ability if he's not even on the bloody field!

All I'm saying is that the bloke's impact is gonna be severely hampered by his injury.

If Rooney was Australia's best striker, and if we were relying on him to lead us to world cup glory, then I wouldn't be getting too confident about our chances.

It's not as if England's got any truly enigmatic and match-fit strikers like Ronaldinho, van Nistlerooy, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo, Crespo, and Drogba, is it?

The English attack leaves a lot to be desired. Crikey, I reckon our attack has the potential to be more lethal and fearsome in Germany.

intedomine said:

Rooney is young, inexperienced and injured. What worth is the bloke's ability if he's not even on the bloody field!

All I'm saying is that the bloke's impact is gonna be severely hampered by his injury.

If Rooney was Australia's best striker, and if we were relying on him to lead us to world cup glory, then I wouldn't be getting too confident about our chances.

It's not as if England's got any truly enigmatic and match-fit strikers like Ronaldinho, van Nistlerooy, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo, Crespo, and Drogba, is it?

The English attack leaves a lot to be desired. Crikey, I reckon our attack has the potential to be more lethal and fearsome in Germany.

you're not looking at the whole team though, sure without Rooney the strikers dont look brilliant. but the "attack" as you put it is not just the strikers, the midfield has Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham & Cole...all players who can score, especially Lampard & Gerrard who had 40+ goals between them this season. hell Gerrard scored 4 times in his last 3 games for Liverpool.

I dont think Rooney scored in qualifying for the WC & Lampard was the highest scorer...

that said, Rooney is fantastic, but if you take him out England don't become a bad team.

in the last friendly (against Uruguay) we were down 1-0 when Rooney went off and won 2-1, Joe Cole being the main hero.

the rockin edge said:

you're not looking at the whole team though, sure without Rooney the strikers dont look brilliant. but the "attack" as you put it is not just the strikers, the midfield has Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham & Cole...all players who can score, especially Lampard & Gerrard who had 40+ goals between them this season. hell Gerrard scored 4 times in his last 3 games for Liverpool.

:yes:

Lampard has a superb goalscoring record.

and we all know what stevie gerrard can do from 30 yards out :wink:

intedomine said:
[

[/B]

I wouldn't be getting too confident about the aussie's chances if Jesus Christ himself was your best striker!

Wrong position:

jesussaves.gif

I am very impressed at how confident the English are... I like that approach, as it has proven to be the best avenue... to be back in the first round (believe me, I can tell, based on what happened to Argentina in the 2002 WC). :wink:

In any event, and in order to provide some entertainment, here is a selection of Argentina's best commercials for the World Cup (done by either Coke or Quilmes, Argentina's leading beer). The first one features the voice of Diego Maradona. Enjoy!

Quilmes - No Me Arrepiento de Este Amor (2006 WC): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHKUCcck02A

Quilmes - Siamo Fuori (2006 WC): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sBiPWdoOlw

Quilmes - Gol de Maradona a los ingleses (2006 WC): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x4zUPF0x0A

Quilmes - Tanta gloria, tanto futbol (2002 WC): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ5fHJ6Y5SA

Quilmes - Gol, gol, gol (2002 WC): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r246UoFj6Ys

Coca Cola - Todos Juntos (2006 WC): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00TZ6LSNHew

jimmmm said:

I wouldn't be getting too confident about the aussie's chances if Jesus Christ himself was your best striker!

If Gerrard and Lampard can score the majority of England's goals, then good on 'em, they don't need quality strikers....let's see if they can prove it come the World Cup

...and the Aussies are not as bad as you think. Certainly an emerging force in world football. As much chance as Japan and Croatia in progressing through to the knockout stages.

intedomine said:
...and the Aussies are not as bad as you think. Certainly an emerging force in world football. As much chance as Japan and Croatia in progressing through to the knockout stages.

i dont know much about Japan's football team, but Croatia are good. i'll be surprised if Australia beat them. I wont be suprised if they beat Japan however.

i dont think the Aussies are that rubbish, but to say they are "an emerging force in world football." is a bit over the top.

Australia did a not bad Confed Cup last year, I think they're in fact a not so negative team, but they need to export more players in Europe if they want to improve. In Italy Mark Bresciano is doing very well

Kids talkin' bout Croatia , and now including Austria , Is only me or arent you watching the Friendly betweem them as well now ? Its 1x1 , 19 minutes 1st half.

Last edited:
I guess you heard Montenegro is independent state now.It's gona be cool now watching two national teams play as one on the WC.

Montenegro had outstanding players like Mijatovic,Savicevic and many others.However in recent years they dont produce players on such levelIn this Serbia&Montenegro team , of 22 players they have only two. I think Mijatovic will be remembered as the best footballer in Montenegro history.

And Darko Pancev? Didn't you like him?
He was at Inter, he came like the savior of the team, he went like the waster of everything:wink:

But I have always admired him actually, I was sorry he couldn't affirm himself at Inter.
Anyway, what is he doing now? is he still in football?

Of course i like Pancev,but he's got nothing with Montenegro.He is Macedonian.He's now president of football club in Macedonia.But anyway you can't compare him to Savicevic or Mijatovic.They were class players,Pancev was just killer striker with weak skill.

Oh he's Macedonian, yeah! Sorry! Savicevic and Mijatovic are from another planet. Savicevic was called the "Genius" in Milan, he has made many hands clap, he has left a great image of him. Although I'm Inter fan, but Savicevic really had sugar in his feet

I read somewhere Pancev was the worst Inter signing in history.Don't know if that's true, but i'd put Mihajlovic on that list

:lol: Was he? I think there can not be so many doub about. He was really a suckass, Inter gave him at VFB Leipzig or Dynamo Dresden then, I don't remeber well.
Sinisa? He's terribly rude, but his left feet............:drool: What for free kicks..................:drool:
No, Sinisa definitely not on that list, he was good for what he has done

Yes Sinisa was good for what he has done, but now he is old and slow.I'm praying Inter stop signing old players,former stars.They need fresh blood to finaly take title.I can't watch seria A any more with Juventus winning it.

Now they won't win for a while! :lol:

Jokes apart, all this hell happening in Italy has it's good side, too. Everything will be clean after this, and this is the most important thing. Italian football hit the bottom, now it's rising back, slowly, and the WorldCup is the first step now. Anyway about Sinisa, he retired after this year, but he stays at Inter, he'll probably become Mancini's team assistent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom