The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2006, 11:07 AM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:45 AM
^ Due to the scandal Moggi and his followers are having......................
Juventus probably will be relegated in SERIE B

SERIE BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!

Old 05-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #62
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:45 AM
I always thought a bit strange actually , not that Juventus hasa bad team , but this thing of always win , and win and win , I don't remember last time other team won the Calcio , anyway I was rooting for Milan so ......

BTW back to topic , how much this will affect Italian's team buddys ?

Old 05-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Normally less. I mean, what counts now is to make all the things clear, and to throw away from the window Moggi, Giraudo and all the other corrupted persons. Football in Italy is everything, and I really hope there won't be any kind of repercussion at the WorldCup because of the faults of these jerks. The players don't deserve to get overloaded with faults they don't have
Old 05-11-2006, 01:47 PM   #64
New Yorker

BTW Italian list out there already ? If not when will be ?
Old 05-11-2006, 09:10 PM   #65
The Fly

Jumping in (again) and changing the topic, does anyone remember Italy v Croatia during the group stages of the 2002 WC?

I think I have to put that as one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. It had everything, controversy, 2 disallowed goals, disputes, overdramatics, an overjoyed player who after taking off his shirt he needed the help from his teams substitutes to put it back on, a team who after everyone thought were out of the game come back and score 2 goals within 3 minutes, and Italian whinging at the end.

Priceless
Old 05-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:45 AM
That is a good topic, though... great matches of the World Cup.

Myself, and knowing that I am biased, I have to mention the 1986 Mexico final... the game had it all, first Argentina winning 2-0, then Germany coming back to tie it 2-2, and then Argentina scoring the 3rd goal with 4 minutes left...

Old 05-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #67
The Fly

That's what I love games for. Either when an underdog wins or when a team wins against all the odds.

Croatia are a team I konw to be like that. Ok, so they may not be on everyone's list to win the WC and they may not have the skilled players found in Brazil or France, but they have a tremendous team spirit and friendship which is rare in many other teams who play as individual egos.

Even though I'm English, I feel more comfortable of supporting teams like Croatia. I think Croatia are one of the most exciting teams out there. They do annoyingly screw up when they play against the smaller teams, but I have seen them hold their own against the likes of Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, etc. And they have done really well recently, beating top teams such as Sweden and even Brazil.

Yeah, Italians do take football very seriously but so do the English.

I remember when the England team were flying out to their camp in Portugal before Euro 2004, and there was this massive headline in front of the Sun saying (parathrazing) OUR HERO'S.

I mean, I love football, but isn't that OTT? I mean they're going to play in football tornement not going off to war. And what's even more stupid, good ol' FIFA, who always predict correctly, have placed England 2nd in the rankings to win after Brazil.

All this talk has really made me excited for the WC2006.
Croatia v Brazil, watch out for it. I love Brazil, I think Ronaldo, etc are fantastic sportsman, not only for their skills but for their clean tactics (ie: no diving, appart from Rivaldo in the first match against Turkey, 2002).

But we have the Champions League final first I reeeeaaaallllllllly hope Arsenal win.

GO ON YOU GUNNERS
Old 05-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #68
New Yorker

Well if it loses , at least it's a good excuse , coz it loses to the team of the best player in world , kinda the excuse every team wanted , but yeah this 'duel' between Ronaldinho and Henry , wow , I wish 17 was tomorrow

Just a thing Bonsai , my brother , it wasn't Rivaldo who 'jumped' , it was the striker , Luisao I think , Rivaldo went to for the kick and scored the penalty
Old 05-11-2006, 11:16 PM   #69
The Fly

Originally posted by J_NP:

it wasn't Rivaldo who 'jumped' , it was the striker , Luisao I think , Rivaldo went to for the kick and scored the penalty

Whoops. Sorry, I could have sworn it was Rivaldo.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:11 AM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by bonsai
Jumping in (again) and changing the topic, does anyone remember Italy v Croatia during the group stages of the 2002 WC?

I think I have to put that as one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. It had everything, controversy, 2 disallowed goals, disputes, overdramatics, an overjoyed player who after taking off his shirt he needed the help from his teams substitutes to put it back on, a team who after everyone thought were out of the game come back and score 2 goals within 3 minutes, and Italian whinging at the end.

Priceless

Yeah, I also remember that that fake victory brought nothing to Croatia because they got eliminated in the groupstages..........................
Old 05-12-2006, 06:13 AM   #71
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP
BTW Italian list out there already ? If not when will be ?
15th May
Old 05-12-2006, 06:20 AM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Obviously, I have to mention the semifinal Italy-Germany 4-3 at Mexico 1970.
That was the game of the games, the game of the century.
Italy scored the 1-0 with Boninsegna after 8 minutes in the first half. When everything lead into the final, Schnellinger scored the 1-1 at the 90th minute. Then the incredible, 5 goals in extratimes!
Gerd Mueller scored the 1-2 at 94 minute
Tarcisio Burgnich 2-2 at 98 minute
Luigi Riva 3-2 at 104 minute
Gerd Mueller 3-3 at 110 minute
Gianni Rivera 4-3 at 111 minute

Football was never so good!
But then Italy was smashed down by Brazil 4-1...................

But that 4-3 remained totally in the history of the WorldCup
Old 05-12-2006, 08:50 AM   #73
The Fly

Yeah, I also remember that that fake victory brought nothing to Croatia because they got eliminated in the groupstages..........................

The second "goal" should have been disallowed. Inzhegi yanked Simic's arm and pulled him to the ground. Beside's, contrversial decisions happen all the time. Eg:

euro 2000 qualifier: Croatia v Yugoslavia. A perfectly early goal by Boksic dissallowed after clearly going over the line
1966 WC final: One of England's goal even though it didn't fully go over the line
WC 1986: Maradona's "hand of God" against England.

That's just football for you. Sometimes luck is on your side, sometimes it isn't
Old 05-12-2006, 09:42 AM   #74
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:45 AM
I can't remember that Boksic goal in 2000 against Yugoslavia.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:35 AM   #75
The Fly

That was because it was dissallowed. It went way over the line before Kralj stopped it.