The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #361
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:01 AM
Definitely, definitely, good players make work every scheme. Don't forget even Edmilson's work at Barça, I think Deco would have to work 2 or 3 times harder without him. Barcelona and Milan are the examples of the best balance between attack and defense. I really admire Kaka, mate, he can win a game alone, he's able to take the ball and run a half field scoring goal, and he also goes back helping in the defensive phase, sometimes he reminds me of Falcao and Zico at the same time. Surely one of Brazil's top player of the last 20 years. And I'm waiting to see what Kaka together with Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Adriano will do.............................There's neither the need to play this worldchampionship, Brazil is way too much superior, incredible, the best team I have ever seen at a Worldcup

Old 05-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #362
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:01 AM
Yeah , ya know like I said about the 4-3-3 , if I was like Brazil's coach , I would certainly try to put this scheme , it could potentially work well , and the attack would do a mess to the defenses . Coz u look at barca , we got Ronaldinho at left , Eto'o in the center and somebody in the right , in brazil would be very similar with the 10 on left , Ronaldo on the middle and could be Robinho . And Yeah Edmilson did a great job as well , and I would put him as well on this main team , same job he does in barca , would put him together with Emerson ( Though it's a shame put Gilberto Silva on sit. ) and Juninho . Could even put Kaka on the right , it's not his natural posit. but I would give it a try . But still a shame Adriano wouldnt make it to team A .

BTW talkin bout azurra , and again Pirlo he's gonna be the official freekicker right ? And the attack , Dino Toni and Inzaghi or will be Gillardino ?

And since we were talkin bout Milan , a bit of the city , u live in Milan right mate ? Could u give a little light on this , are one of these 2 hotels close to the San Siro ?

IBIS MILANO CA´GRANDA
VIALLE SUZZANI, 13 20162

IBIS MILANO CENTRO
VIA ZAROTTO, 8 20124

Dude I gotta tell ya , I have this dream of a big tour in europe , in italy and one of course my 1st stop will be in there , I got this dream to know this stadium , it's one of the most beautiful I ever seen and those images of U2's concert on it Didnt help . Actually this is my plan , I catch at same week a u2 concert in there , and a game of Milan or Inter or both , now that would be

Old 05-30-2006, 01:21 PM   #363
Acrobat

Carragher is supposed to be playing a holding midfielder role in our game against Hungary, what? surely someone like Carrick would be better suited. dont know whats going on with Erickssons thinking at the moment, especially with walcotts inclusion. Brazils squad is awesome, always loved them since 1982, the most talented players ive ever seen.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:21 PM   #364
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP

I would say that Ecuador is gonna fight with Poland for the 2nd place. I think . It will depend of Costa Rica's Perf , if they manage to get a draw at least with Germ. then the group will get messy .
I think that Ecuador and Poland have a good chance of making it to the second round.

England, on the other side...

Old 05-30-2006, 02:12 PM   #365
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC

I think that Ecuador and Poland have a good chance of making it to the second round.

And no doubt they'll be joined by either, Ivory Coast, or Serbia & Montenegro, which ever finishes second to Holland!
Old 05-30-2006, 02:13 PM   #366
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm

And no doubt they'll be joined by either, Ivory Coast, or Serbia & Montenegro, which ever finishes second to Holland!

you're reading my mind!

Old 05-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #367
Refugee

Wouldn't it be GREAT!
Old 05-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #368
Blue Crack Addict

it would be better than great

Quote:
Originally posted by zoobeatle
Carragher is supposed to be playing a holding midfielder role in our game against Hungary, what? surely someone like Carrick would be better suited. dont know whats going on with Erickssons thinking at the moment, especially with walcotts inclusion.
yeah, i thought for sure Carrick was gonna start today.

maybe he will start on Saturday against Jamaica..
Old 05-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #369
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC

England, on the other side...

Ok but u got in mind that Ecua. and Pol are in the group A with germany , and eng on another right ? kinda didnt understand ur comment
Old 05-30-2006, 02:18 PM   #370
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Ok but u got in mind that Ecua. and Pol are in the group A with germany , and eng on another right ? kinda didnt understand ur comment
yeah he knows that, he just hates England. that's all
Old 05-30-2006, 02:29 PM   #371
Refugee

Don't they all, but that will just make it all the sweeter when we win the World Cup.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #372
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Don't they all, but that will just make it all the sweeter when we win the World Cup.

i dunno about all...most for sure, but all? maybe not.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:50 PM   #373
New Yorker

Well I don't , personally I think it will be a loss for the level of the cup if eng goes out early , though the spotlights are on Rooney today , I'm a big big fan of Owen , though he's not in his best shape today , he's still a great player .

And now the scores today so far , before did ya all see Japan putting 2-0 in Germany ? Though it ended as a draw , still ......

Costa Rica 0 - 1 Republica Czech
Colombia 2 - 1 Poland
Brazil 8 - 0 Lucerna
Almost in the end England 2 - 1 Hungary

Edit .: More :

Ivory Coast 1 - 1 Chile
Tunisia 3 - 0 Biel-Russia
Old 05-30-2006, 05:29 PM   #374
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Ecuador vs. Ivory Coast.

Awesome final.

Old 05-30-2006, 05:34 PM   #375
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

I know.

I was simply stating that because you are all talking about how to avoid a round of 16 match-up with Germany and all.

I would first be worried about making it through the group stage. I would not undermine Sweden and Paraguay.

I think, however, we all agree that Trinidad & Tobago will finish last.

On another note, I watched England - Hungary and Argentina - Angola today.

I have to say that England played an interesting second half, after a rather embarassing first one. Not even a freebie penalty allowed them to score (can anyone teach Lampard how to kick penalties, please?... he shot as well as I could have). Second half was better, and the two goals scored in the first five minutes completely changed the dynamics of the game. Impressed by this kid Crouch and his goal.

Argentina dominated Angola at will, which makes me regret even more for not being able to play a weaker African team in the WC. Angola has nothing, they did not shoot once in the whole match. The score should have been more like 4-0 or 5-0. Messi did not start, but he played 35 minutes in the second half. He truly makes a difference. I think that he might not start the first game but he will be a starter in every other game.