The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-28-2006, 05:53 AM   #346
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
intedomine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,950
Local Time: 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge
France are playing Mexico today. 0-0 so far.

kind of strange...2 seeded teams playing each other 2 weeks before the WC
The better the opposition, the better the preparation

Mind you, that Mexico was even seeded seemed a bit ridiculous when I first heard.
__________________

__________________
intedomine is offline  
Old 05-28-2006, 11:57 AM   #347
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,846
Local Time: 05:03 PM
Just heard theres more one possibility of being left out of the cup by injury , Zambrotta in the game Italy made , more info babyman ?
__________________

__________________
J_NP is offline  
Old 05-28-2006, 12:16 PM   #348
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
babyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On an open cluster called Pleiades
Posts: 6,246
Local Time: 07:03 PM
He felt a stitch at the left thigh, he stated he felt the muscle getting pulled, tomorrow he will make an ecography. Let's see, it would be a very hard lost, we need him like the bread on the side!
__________________
babyman is offline  
Old 05-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #349
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,846
Local Time: 05:03 PM
He plays like what mate , I know he's a defenser , but more exactly dont know the word in english , see if you can understand , he's like a lateral destro ?
__________________
J_NP is offline  
Old 05-29-2006, 07:59 AM   #350
Refugee
 
jimmmm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: lincolnshire
Posts: 1,221
Local Time: 05:03 PM
Rooneys scan has been brought forward 7 days, listening to an ex physio, on skysports news, he thinks this is a good sign, can't pretend to know I fully understood all the technical talk, but he thinks its a good sign so fingers crossed, again!
__________________
jimmmm is offline  
Old 05-29-2006, 11:12 AM   #351
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
babyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On an open cluster called Pleiades
Posts: 6,246
Local Time: 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP
He plays like what mate , I know he's a defenser , but more exactly dont know the word in english , see if you can understand , he's like a lateral destro ?



Now, Terzino sinistro. Left side defender.
He playes everywhere, my friend...............he's the jolly every team would have. He played formerly on the left and right midfield side, Lippi, when he was still at Juve, transformed him into left side defender, because he wanted to play with Nedved and Camoranesi on the sides. He also plays right. He can play in 4 positions............what a player And he's fast, my dear, faster than a train.......Inter has interest at him, if Juve gets relegated he will leave Turin, but even AC Milan is looking at him
__________________
babyman is offline  
Old 05-29-2006, 11:22 AM   #352
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
vaz02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: manchester
Posts: 7,447
Local Time: 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm
Rooneys scan has been brought forward 7 days, listening to an ex physio, on skysports news, he thinks this is a good sign, can't pretend to know I fully understood all the technical talk, but he thinks its a good sign so fingers crossed, again!
if rooney does not pass it i hope sven will take his head out of the clouds and wisen up.

gl rooney.
__________________
vaz02 is offline  
Old 05-29-2006, 12:25 PM   #353
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,846
Local Time: 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by babyman





Now, Terzino sinistro. Left side defender.
He playes everywhere, my friend...............he's the jolly every team would have. He played formerly on the left and right midfield side, Lippi, when he was still at Juve, transformed him into left side defender, because he wanted to play with Nedved and Camoranesi on the sides. He also plays right. He can play in 4 positions............what a player And he's fast, my dear, faster than a train.......Inter has interest at him, if Juve gets relegated he will leave Turin, but even AC Milan is looking at him
Didnt know he was like good , to me he was just one more like a true defenser , one of the 3 , of the 3-4-3.

Theres this word in portuguese , I think it has as well in spanish , maybe in italian , which is " Zagueiro " , you know the more central defenders , the real defenders . While there's also like I said the "Laterais" which is the word , side defender , but has also that other word would be "Ala" which would be like the Side Midfielder , coz u know theres this difference . Most of euro teams and national teams play like 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, 3-4-1-2 whatever . which would have what I called " Alas " , which in this case would be this Zambortta , While like South Americans are more used to 4-4-2 , we have the "Laterais" which ya know are the ones that normally stay behind , side to the Zagueiros , but they advance when in attack .
__________________
J_NP is offline  
Old 05-29-2006, 10:06 PM   #354
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
intedomine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,950
Local Time: 03:03 AM
What does everyone make of Ecudaor's chances of progressing from Group A. Qualification was made easier by the fact that their home games are played at an altitude which very few other teams can adapt to. It's not the hardest group to qualify from, although they might struggle in such a foregin surrounding.
__________________
intedomine is offline  
Old 05-30-2006, 05:07 AM   #355
An Interferer
 
Miringeltje's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Staring at u(2)
Posts: 7,077
Local Time: 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP
Nederland - Cameron 1-0
Hurray!

I'm happy about that.
__________________
Miringeltje is offline  
Old 05-30-2006, 10:31 AM   #356
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
babyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On an open cluster called Pleiades
Posts: 6,246
Local Time: 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine
What does everyone make of Ecudaor's chances of progressing from Group A. Qualification was made easier by the fact that their home games are played at an altitude which very few other teams can adapt to. It's not the hardest group to qualify from, although they might struggle in such a foregin surrounding.


I think Ecuador has well chances to go in the next round, although Poland is good. I think that in Group A nothing is given, I'm not so confident about Germany and I don't undervalue Costa Rica that much. It could be more interesting as thought.
__________________
babyman is offline  
Old 05-30-2006, 10:39 AM   #357
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
babyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On an open cluster called Pleiades
Posts: 6,246
Local Time: 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP


Didnt know he was like good , to me he was just one more like a true defenser , one of the 3 , of the 3-4-3.

Theres this word in portuguese , I think it has as well in spanish , maybe in italian , which is " Zagueiro " , you know the more central defenders , the real defenders . While there's also like I said the "Laterais" which is the word , side defender , but has also that other word would be "Ala" which would be like the Side Midfielder , coz u know theres this difference . Most of euro teams and national teams play like 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, 3-4-1-2 whatever . which would have what I called " Alas " , which in this case would be this Zambortta , While like South Americans are more used to 4-4-2 , we have the "Laterais" which ya know are the ones that normally stay behind , side to the Zagueiros , but they advance when in attack .


Yeah. Football is having also a change in these things in last times. There are coming out players who are more flexible and can play in various places. Pirlo for instance got also reinvented, he used to play as the classical "fantasista" or "trequartista" a la Maradona, Zola role, right behind the forwards. Ancelotti has put him before the defense now, playing with a 3-1-3-1-2, which is my opinion a fantastic scheme, very ultra offensive and also balanced into defense with the "Alas" (indeed Cafu and Serginho) going up and down
__________________
babyman is offline  
Old 05-30-2006, 10:40 AM   #358
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
babyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On an open cluster called Pleiades
Posts: 6,246
Local Time: 07:03 PM
BTW, Zambro will miss Ghana and Usa..........................
__________________
babyman is offline  
Old 05-30-2006, 11:01 AM   #359
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,846
Local Time: 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine
What does everyone make of Ecudaor's chances of progressing from Group A. Qualification was made easier by the fact that their home games are played at an altitude which very few other teams can adapt to. It's not the hardest group to qualify from, although they might struggle in such a foregin surrounding.
I would say that Ecuador is gonna fight with Poland for the 2nd place. I think . It will depend of Costa Rica's Perf , if they manage to get a draw at least with Germ. then the group will get messy .
__________________
J_NP is offline  
Old 05-30-2006, 11:19 AM   #360
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,846
Local Time: 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by babyman




Yeah. Football is having also a change in these things in last times. There are coming out players who are more flexible and can play in various places. Pirlo for instance got also reinvented, he used to play as the classical "fantasista" or "trequartista" a la Maradona, Zola role, right behind the forwards. Ancelotti has put him before the defense now, playing with a 3-1-3-1-2, which is my opinion a fantastic scheme, very ultra offensive and also balanced into defense with the "Alas" (indeed Cafu and Serginho) going up and down
Here this 1st role of Pirlo would be called like in the old days "Ponta de Lança" .

It's good to put him in this place , coz I know he's got a good pass , its always great to ya know have like a good pass to leave-defense .

About the sch , it's a pretty good sch , it's actually a fantastic scheme - with the right players - . Coz u know it's like great on paper , but hard to put on practic , coz if u dont get the right players , it will have like a hole between the df and the FWs .

One good example , although they dont play with this schem , it's the barcelona . They play like 4-3-3 . They dont stay with 3 men in the DF , but they got 3 on the MF as well with this part 1-3 . The thing is , it does work coz they got this little man on it : Deco . He makes the scheme work , coz he's a excellent link with the attack , sure Ronaldinho is always there coming back and helping him with the organization. But Deco is the king of MF , he also defends and when with the ball he's the best choice to ya know work with the ball , linking the defense with the strikers .

Gotta tell ya mate , if u got the good players , I would go with this one , coz the defense is protected , and the attack is incredibly participating and full of options u know .
__________________

__________________
J_NP is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com