The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CKONE said:
the team do get on well and want to play for each other and i think the players respect beckham as captain.

i did the BBC predictor today for the World Cup.

England got to the final after winning their group and then beating Poland, Argentina and Brazil.

They met Italy in the final who beat the hosts in the semi's!

I am getting far too excited about it all now!

Far too excited, ill give you Poland, but without a match fit Rooney it will be a struggle against a fully fit Argentina let alone Brazil, as for Italy as far as i know they wont have a fully fit Totti during at least the group stages, i dont fancy them going further than at the most the QTR finals.

the rockin edge said:

i haven't seen Italy play (unfortunantly) but from what i have heard/read they are very good...

Actually in the game against Switzerland it was more a fight, these two always come to hit each other:ohmy: , but it wasn't nothing special, in the sense thath there was a heavy rotation of players so there isn't yet an idea of how Italy will be. Lippi is holding the line up secret, but it looks like he wants to play with 3 forwards, indeed Totti plus Gilardino/Toni

zoobeatle said:

Far too excited, ill give you Poland, but without a match fit Rooney it will be a struggle against a fully fit Argentina let alone Brazil, as for Italy as far as i know they wont have a fully fit Totti during at least the group stages, i dont fancy them going further than at the most the QTR finals.

We have the measure of the cheating argies now. After 86 and 98 the win in 2002 with Beckhams penalty and the win in the friendly international last year or so they wont beat us.

As for Brazil - if you are going to win it its best to beat the best!

CKONE said:

We have the measure of the cheating argies now. After 86 and 98 the win in 2002 with Beckhams penalty and the win in the friendly international last year or so they wont beat us.

As for Brazil - if you are going to win it its best to beat the best!

Dude, show some respect. Ok?

We can also talk about the free penalty given to you by Colina in the 2002 WC, which clearly wasn't. And the friendly does not really count.

Yes, I am very much looking forward to trash your sorry English butt (even though you have a Swedish coach) as soon as we meet each other in Germany, but I also respect the qualities of the English team.

So, unless, you show that, I am going to ask the moderators to kick you out.

Bonochick said:

As long as rules are being followed, such a request would be denied.

Ok, perfect then.

From now on, I will refer to the English squad as the "Royal pussies".

Same thing he is doing with "Cheating Argies", so I think it's fair.

fifa-fairplay-logo.gif

U2@NYC said:

Ok, perfect then.

I see A LOT of team bashing and whatnot on here. As much as I like having a polite and civil atmosphere on Interference, I tend to be more relaxed in the sports forum, as it just seems to come with the territory...personal attacks on members excluded, of course. I don't want to kill all of the sports banter...trying to be nice here.

If you want to continue to give me a hard time, you're only hurting yourself.

Last edited:
if argentina and Brazil progress well and so do england does that mean we will play either of them in quaters or semi's ?

Bonochick said:

I see A LOT of team bashing and whatnot on here. As much as I like having a polite and civil atmosphere on Interference, I tend to be more relaxed in the sports forum, as it just seems to come with the territory...personal attacks on members excluded, of course. I don't want to kill all of the sports banter...trying to be nice here.

If you want to continue to give me a hard time, you're only hurting yourself.

I'm not giving you a hard time.

I just want you to be fair.

I always do my best to be fair.

Like I said, I know how sports banter can go, and I try to not take all of the fun out of that.

If you want to propose that all bashing of athletes, teams, and other sports personnel be eliminated from this forum...I would start a thread in Don't Expect, Suggest to get some feedback to see if anybody else would be interested in such changes.

Bonochick said:
I always do my best to be fair.

Like I said, I know how sports banter can go, and I try to not take all of the fun out of that.

If you want to propose that all bashing of athletes, teams, and other sports personnel be eliminated from this forum...I would start a thread in Don't Expect, Suggest to get some feedback to see if anybody else would be interested in such changes.

No, BC. Now that you indicated to me how far I can go, I will use that indication in this thread.

U2@NYC said:

No, BC. Now that you indicated to me how far I can go, I will use that indication in this thread.

So since I didn't reprimand actions that you thought deserved reprimanding, you are planning to behave in the same manner that you were complaining about?

Bonochick said:

So since I didn't reprimand actions that you thought deserved reprimanding, you are planning to behave in the same manner that you were complaining about?

No, but I know that I have some room to maneuver when someone like CKONE repeatedly uses the term "cheats".

vaz02 said:
if argentina and Brazil progress well and so do england does that mean we will play either of them in quaters or semi's ?

I think it works out that England would meet Argentina in the qtrs and Brazil in the semis.

zoobeatle said:

I think it works out that England would meet Argentina in the qtrs and Brazil in the semis.

Looks like if england are to win they need to beat the best then, im scared lol.

DignityPassesBy said:
Australia won its practice match with a dutch amateur club 8 - 1. Harry Kewell played 85 mins and scored 2 goals. I can't wait i really want Australia to do well. Tim Cahill also played 45 aswell

great news hearing cahill playing , he will be auz's key player i think and he shall plot brazil's downfall :wink:

U2@NYC said:

Ok, perfect then.

Thats totally out of order U2@NYC, were not all Royalists

Before you spit your dummy out again, the above comment was tongue in cheek, but seriously the argies are a bunch of che........

zepher25 said:
australias biggest pre cup test comes tonight when they meet holland in rottendam, go aussies!, then theyve got lichtenstein a few day later

What do you think the Result will be?....
I'm thinking 1-1 or 2-1 (Either way)....but it doenst matter, itsOnly a friendly :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom