The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely, definitely, good players make work every scheme. Don't forget even Edmilson's work at Barça, I think Deco would have to work 2 or 3 times harder without him. Barcelona and Milan are the examples of the best balance between attack and defense. I really admire Kaka, mate, he can win a game alone, he's able to take the ball and run a half field scoring goal, and he also goes back helping in the defensive phase, sometimes he reminds me of Falcao and Zico at the same time. Surely one of Brazil's top player of the last 20 years. And I'm waiting to see what Kaka together with Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Adriano will do.............................There's neither the need to play this worldchampionship, Brazil is way too much superior, incredible, the best team I have ever seen at a Worldcup

Yeah , ya know like I said about the 4-3-3 , if I was like Brazil's coach , I would certainly try to put this scheme , it could potentially work well , and the attack would do a mess to the defenses . Coz u look at barca , we got Ronaldinho at left , Eto'o in the center and somebody in the right , in brazil would be very similar with the 10 on left , Ronaldo on the middle and could be Robinho . And Yeah Edmilson did a great job as well , and I would put him as well on this main team , same job he does in barca , would put him together with Emerson ( Though it's a shame put Gilberto Silva on sit. ) and Juninho . Could even put Kaka on the right , it's not his natural posit. but I would give it a try . But still a shame Adriano wouldnt make it to team A .

BTW talkin bout azurra , and again Pirlo he's gonna be the official freekicker right ? And the attack , Dino Toni and Inzaghi or will be Gillardino ?

And since we were talkin bout Milan , a bit of the city , u live in Milan right mate ? Could u give a little light on this , are one of these 2 hotels close to the San Siro ?

IBIS MILANO CA´GRANDA
VIALLE SUZZANI, 13 20162

IBIS MILANO CENTRO
VIA ZAROTTO, 8 20124

Dude I gotta tell ya , I have this dream of a big tour in europe , in italy and one of course my 1st stop will be in there , I got this dream to know this stadium , it's one of the most beautiful I ever seen and those images of U2's concert on it :drool: Didnt help . Actually this is my plan , I catch at same week a u2 concert in there , and a game of Milan or Inter or both , now that would be :drool:

Last edited:
Carragher is supposed to be playing a holding midfielder role in our game against Hungary, what? surely someone like Carrick would be better suited. dont know whats going on with Erickssons thinking at the moment, especially with walcotts inclusion. Brazils squad is awesome, always loved them since 1982, the most talented players ive ever seen.

J_NP said:

I would say that Ecuador is gonna fight with Poland for the 2nd place. I think . It will depend of Costa Rica's Perf , if they manage to get a draw at least with Germ. then the group will get messy .

I think that Ecuador and Poland have a good chance of making it to the second round.

England, on the other side...

:evil:

U2@NYC said:

I think that Ecuador and Poland have a good chance of making it to the second round.

And no doubt they'll be joined by either, Ivory Coast, or Serbia & Montenegro, which ever finishes second to Holland!:tongue:

it would be better than great :drool:

zoobeatle said:
Carragher is supposed to be playing a holding midfielder role in our game against Hungary, what? surely someone like Carrick would be better suited. dont know whats going on with Erickssons thinking at the moment, especially with walcotts inclusion.

yeah, i thought for sure Carrick was gonna start today.

maybe he will start on Saturday against Jamaica..

U2@NYC said:

England, on the other side...

Ok but u got in mind that Ecua. and Pol are in the group A with germany , and eng on another right ? kinda didnt understand ur comment

Well I don't , personally I think it will be a loss for the level of the cup if eng goes out early , though the spotlights are on Rooney today , I'm a big big fan of Owen , though he's not in his best shape today , he's still a great player .

And now the scores today so far , before did ya all see Japan putting 2-0 in Germany ? Though it ended as a draw , still ......

Costa Rica 0 - 1 Republica Czech
Colombia 2 - 1 Poland
Brazil 8 - 0 Lucerna
Almost in the end England 2 - 1 Hungary

Edit .: More :

Ivory Coast 1 - 1 Chile
Tunisia 3 - 0 Biel-Russia

Last edited:
J_NP said:

Ok but u got in mind that Ecua. and Pol are in the group A with germany , and eng on another right ? kinda didnt understand ur comment

I know.

I was simply stating that because you are all talking about how to avoid a round of 16 match-up with Germany and all.

I would first be worried about making it through the group stage. I would not undermine Sweden and Paraguay.

I think, however, we all agree that Trinidad & Tobago will finish last.

On another note, I watched England - Hungary and Argentina - Angola today.

I have to say that England played an interesting second half, after a rather embarassing first one. Not even a freebie penalty allowed them to score (can anyone teach Lampard how to kick penalties, please?... he shot as well as I could have). Second half was better, and the two goals scored in the first five minutes completely changed the dynamics of the game. Impressed by this kid Crouch and his goal.

Argentina dominated Angola at will, which makes me regret even more for not being able to play a weaker African team in the WC. Angola has nothing, they did not shoot once in the whole match. The score should have been more like 4-0 or 5-0. Messi did not start, but he played 35 minutes in the second half. He truly makes a difference. I think that he might not start the first game but he will be a starter in every other game.

Im an England fan, and although we won, im not convinced, we miss Rooney so much, Lampard didnt get into the game, Gerrard although he scored didnt do much else during the game, Hargreaves is a joke, get Carrick in there if we want a holding midfielder, and no-one would pass to Walcott when he came on, which tells me the team doesnt think he can do it internationally, plusses though J. Cole looked top class tonight and Crouch who i dont rate at all, had a good game.

based on the radio coverage i listened to, the 1st half in the Eng game was awful. 2nd half was better..Beckham should have reminded people why he is in the team after his 2 assists today. and i think Crouch did well when he came on.

did anyone watch Germany vs Japan? although it finished 2-2, they had a report on bbc radio on it while it was 2-0 to Japan in the 2nd half & said Germany didn't look good...

Germany arent a good side on paper, but they werent 4 yrs ago and they got to the final, Would love for us to knock them out in the 2nd round if it happens that way.

I watched bits of Costa Rica X Czech , Brazil X Lucernia , and 30 min of England . What I've seen , this Gerrard , didnt know him , altough he missed the PK , he's pretty good. England has some good passing , the mf of course is good as well. But the thing is , they still rely a lot in the air game .

Bout Jap X Ger , tough didnt watch , heard Japan was much superior , and those 2 goals wow . For a team which had probs with the attacks , that really impressed me.

Yeah now I got confused with all those names of English MF , yeah , watching too much footy :huh: Lampard was the one that got the PK , and kicked it ..... Gerrard is the guy , that was the closest guy to the attack , the guy that was coming from behind . Anyway the thing is , my comment about Lampard remains.

jimmmm said:
Don't they all, but that will just make it all the sweeter when we win the World Cup.

Crikey....poms are cocky this year..

Even more cockier then when they fluked a win over Argentina in Sapporo in the 2002 group stage of the WC.

I was actually reviewing the list of top teams and their coaches, and this is what I found...

Brazil... Brazilian coach
Germany... German coach
Argentina... Argentine coach
Italy... Italian coach
Netherlands... Dutch coach
France... French coach
Spain... Spanish coach

So it would seem as all of the top teams were able to find a strategist that was born in their own country.

But, wait, there is an exception to this rule...

England... SWEDISH coach.

So, are you telling me, that England, the land that created football, could not find an English coach to guide their squad? And that they had to resort to Sweden? A country with no history of football and, obviously, no World Cups?

I have to say... this has to feel a little bit embarassing.

U2@NYC said:
I was actually reviewing the list of top teams and their coaches, and this is what I found...

Germany... German coach
Italy... Italian coach
France... French coach
Spain... Spanish coach

So it would seem as all of the top teams were able to find a strategist that was born in their own country.

So, are you telling me, that England, the land that created football, could not find an English coach to guide their squad? And that they had to resort to Sweden? A country with no history of football and, obviously, no World Cups?

:yawn:

This was discussed at length by all the english media 5 or 6 years ago when he arrived. does it matter where the coach comes from if he's the right man for the job? Obviously i'd rather he be english but in the context of things i'd rather have a good swedish coach than an incompetant english coach. our last manager was kevin keegan.

with him we didn't even get out of the group stages at euro 2000.

then sven comes and at his first tournament he gets us to the world cup quarter finals only to be beaten by the future champions, Brazil.

Plus our next manager is going to be english :bonodrum:

1stepcloser said:

:yawn:

This was discussed at length by all the english media 5 or 6 years ago when he arrived. does it matter where the coach comes from if he's the right man for the job? Obviously i'd rather he be english but in the context of things i'd rather have a good swedish coach than an incompetant english coach. our last manager was kevin keegan.

with him we didn't even get out of the group stages at euro 2000.

then sven comes and at his first tournament he gets us to the world cup quarter finals only to be beaten by the future champions, Brazil.

Plus our next manager is going to be english :bonodrum:

Not really. I can only understand not having a local coach in countries without a football tradition and necessary resources, such as Ivory Coast, Angola or Iran.

In England, I just do not see the justification. As a matter of fact, FIFA should ban foreign coaches in countries that have access to local coaches.

And, finally, arent you concerned when you play Sweden, Erikksons homeland?

BTW, on another note... Messi = Diego :evil:

tapa.jpg

U2@NYC said:

Germany... German coach
Italy... Italian coach
France... French coach
Spain... Spanish coach

Portugal...Brazilian coach.

yeah we should appoint Englishmen, like Keegan & Hoddle :|

of course i'd prefer to have an English manager of England, (and we will after this WC). but i'd rather have the best person availible when the job is vacant, regardless of where he's from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom