The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
intedomine said:

Not necessarily....rooney isn't all that brilliant anyway, and if England can top group B and if Germany tops group A, the Poms would face either an overrated poland, an ecuador side who are useless away from the high altitude of home and a costa rica side who really shouldn't be there...

Mind you, a Germany vs England round of 16 match is mouth-watering. I'd hope the Deutsch can smash the whinging poms off the park, but this German team is in such dissaray with a pretty uninspiring coach in Klinsmann and poor recent form.

Are you obsessed with England, all your posts seem to be knocking England, but you rarely seem to have anything to say about aus.(hardly surprising)are you a sweaty sock in disguise.
It must be very tiring carrying that huge chip on your shoulder around with you everywhere you go

If you read my previous post, you'd notcie that I didn't mention England once.

Typical. Get on your high horse, as soon as someone says that they wanna see England get smashed.

I supported you blokes in cricket and the rugby final. I just don't like yer football team cause i reckon they're over rated. I don't have anything against Poms as individuals either. I just detest the English national football team, for a variety of reasons. It's fun too....

I could say something about the Aussies, i got plenty to say. But the potential readers don't know anything about us.

intedomine said:
Mind you, a Germany vs England round of 16 match is mouth-watering. I'd hope the Deutsch can smash the whinging poms off the park, but this German team is in such dissaray with a pretty uninspiring coach in Klinsmann and poor recent form.

as much as i would rather England play one of the other teams out of group A, i fancy the chances against Germany.

Talkin bout the home team , they won 7-0 Luxemburg , sure its luxemburg , didnt even know they liked footy but still , to make 7 goals caught my att , their prob with the strike seems to be diminished.

Ah thanks mate , and now I'm watching here mm Paraguay x Danmark , 1-0 for the americans

by the way CKONE i tried to join your site but it buggered up and im signed up but have an inactive account and your site seems to be a lil light about how to contact the adminastrators, my username is zepher25 email zepher25@hotmail dot com, now back to the FIFA world cup

the rockin edge said:
:ohmy: France are playing Mexico today. 0-0 so far.

kind of strange...2 seeded teams playing each other 2 weeks before the WC :shrug:

The better the opposition, the better the preparation

Mind you, that Mexico was even seeded seemed a bit ridiculous when I first heard.

Just heard theres more one possibility of being left out of the cup by injury , Zambrotta in the game Italy made , more info babyman ?

He felt a stitch at the left thigh, he stated he felt the muscle getting pulled, tomorrow he will make an ecography. Let's see, it would be a very hard lost, we need him like the bread on the side!

He plays like what mate , I know he's a defenser , but more exactly dont know the word in english , see if you can understand , he's like a lateral destro ?

Rooneys scan has been brought forward 7 days, listening to an ex physio, on skysports news, he thinks this is a good sign, can't pretend to know I fully understood all the technical talk, but he thinks its a good sign so fingers crossed, again!

J_NP said:
He plays like what mate , I know he's a defenser , but more exactly dont know the word in english , see if you can understand , he's like a lateral destro ?

Now, Terzino sinistro. :wink: Left side defender.
He playes everywhere, my friend...............he's the jolly every team would have. He played formerly on the left and right midfield side, Lippi, when he was still at Juve, transformed him into left side defender, because he wanted to play with Nedved and Camoranesi on the sides. He also plays right. He can play in 4 positions............what a player:drool: And he's fast, my dear, faster than a train.......Inter has interest at him, if Juve gets relegated he will leave Turin, but even AC Milan is looking at him

jimmmm said:
Rooneys scan has been brought forward 7 days, listening to an ex physio, on skysports news, he thinks this is a good sign, can't pretend to know I fully understood all the technical talk, but he thinks its a good sign so fingers crossed, again!

if rooney does not pass it i hope sven will take his head out of the clouds and wisen up.

gl rooney.

babyman said:

Now, Terzino sinistro. :wink: Left side defender.
He playes everywhere, my friend...............he's the jolly every team would have. He played formerly on the left and right midfield side, Lippi, when he was still at Juve, transformed him into left side defender, because he wanted to play with Nedved and Camoranesi on the sides. He also plays right. He can play in 4 positions............what a player:drool: And he's fast, my dear, faster than a train.......Inter has interest at him, if Juve gets relegated he will leave Turin, but even AC Milan is looking at him

Didnt know he was like good , to me he was just one more like a true defenser , one of the 3 , of the 3-4-3.

Theres this word in portuguese , I think it has as well in spanish , maybe in italian , which is " Zagueiro " , you know the more central defenders , the real defenders . While there's also like I said the "Laterais" which is the word , side defender , but has also that other word would be "Ala" which would be like the Side Midfielder , coz u know theres this difference . Most of euro teams and national teams play like 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, 3-4-1-2 whatever . which would have what I called " Alas " , which in this case would be this Zambortta , While like South Americans are more used to 4-4-2 , we have the "Laterais" which ya know are the ones that normally stay behind , side to the Zagueiros , but they advance when in attack .

What does everyone make of Ecudaor's chances of progressing from Group A. Qualification was made easier by the fact that their home games are played at an altitude which very few other teams can adapt to. It's not the hardest group to qualify from, although they might struggle in such a foregin surrounding.

intedomine said:
What does everyone make of Ecudaor's chances of progressing from Group A. Qualification was made easier by the fact that their home games are played at an altitude which very few other teams can adapt to. It's not the hardest group to qualify from, although they might struggle in such a foregin surrounding.

I think Ecuador has well chances to go in the next round, although Poland is good. I think that in Group A nothing is given, I'm not so confident about Germany and I don't undervalue Costa Rica that much. It could be more interesting as thought.

J_NP said:

Didnt know he was like good , to me he was just one more like a true defenser , one of the 3 , of the 3-4-3.

Theres this word in portuguese , I think it has as well in spanish , maybe in italian , which is " Zagueiro " , you know the more central defenders , the real defenders . While there's also like I said the "Laterais" which is the word , side defender , but has also that other word would be "Ala" which would be like the Side Midfielder , coz u know theres this difference . Most of euro teams and national teams play like 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, 3-4-1-2 whatever . which would have what I called " Alas " , which in this case would be this Zambortta , While like South Americans are more used to 4-4-2 , we have the "Laterais" which ya know are the ones that normally stay behind , side to the Zagueiros , but they advance when in attack .

Yeah. Football is having also a change in these things in last times. There are coming out players who are more flexible and can play in various places. Pirlo for instance got also reinvented, he used to play as the classical "fantasista" or "trequartista" a la Maradona, Zola role, right behind the forwards. Ancelotti has put him before the defense now, playing with a 3-1-3-1-2, which is my opinion a fantastic scheme, very ultra offensive and also balanced into defense with the "Alas" (indeed Cafu and Serginho) going up and down

intedomine said:

I would say that Ecuador is gonna fight with Poland for the 2nd place. I think . It will depend of Costa Rica's Perf , if they manage to get a draw at least with Germ. then the group will get messy .

Last edited:
babyman said:

Yeah. Football is having also a change in these things in last times. There are coming out players who are more flexible and can play in various places. Pirlo for instance got also reinvented, he used to play as the classical "fantasista" or "trequartista" a la Maradona, Zola role, right behind the forwards. Ancelotti has put him before the defense now, playing with a 3-1-3-1-2, which is my opinion a fantastic scheme, very ultra offensive and also balanced into defense with the "Alas" (indeed Cafu and Serginho) going up and down

Here this 1st role of Pirlo would be called like in the old days "Ponta de Lança" .

It's good to put him in this place , coz I know he's got a good pass , its always great to ya know have like a good pass to leave-defense .

About the sch , it's a pretty good sch , it's actually a fantastic scheme - with the right players - . Coz u know it's like great on paper , but hard to put on practic , coz if u dont get the right players , it will have like a hole between the df and the FWs .

One good example , although they dont play with this schem , it's the barcelona . They play like 4-3-3 . They dont stay with 3 men in the DF , but they got 3 on the MF as well with this part 1-3 . The thing is , it does work coz they got this little man on it : Deco . He makes the scheme work , coz he's a excellent link with the attack , sure Ronaldinho is always there coming back and helping him with the organization. But Deco is the king of MF , he also defends and when with the ball he's the best choice to ya know work with the ball , linking the defense with the strikers .

Gotta tell ya mate , if u got the good players , I would go with this one , coz the defense is protected , and the attack is incredibly participating and full of options u know .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom