The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANyone tell me the name of the very young amercian lad that plays professional but Man Utd and Chelsea have been looking at him. I think he is about 15 or 16 and might be called freddie or something like that. Is he in the USA squad for the World Cup??

speedracer said:

Naw, I got no beef with that. The USA sucked in that game and deserves all the abuse it gets.

It just seemed to me that you seemed extremely offended by the comment I made about the Italian soccer scandal (and also about hate-speech crimes).

I just thought it safe to assume that if you're going to dish out the dirt, you can take it as well, which I hope is the case.

:) Naaa! I think all went about misunderstanding, i thought you were a bit upset because of my mocking, that's why I thought you had a bad reaction! It seemes it was not the case, so I'm sorry if I went a bit over! ;) But I wasn't neither offended! I have interpreted your answer thinking you were offended! Ouff, what a mess! :lol: :lmao:
You know, it can happen when you don't hear the tone of a voice, only reading can sometimes lead astray!

We're having lots of talk about the italian disaster, by now I'm in a state between surrealism and grotesque, every day there's coming out more and more, but it's going in the right direction. Many new people got into the football federation and the magistrates have everything under control, and they're kicking many backs. Let's see, but it will need its time, there's really a lot of dirt!

Speedracer, friends again?

:wink: :)

CKONE said:
ANyone tell me the name of the very young amercian lad that plays professional but Man Utd and Chelsea have been looking at him. I think he is about 15 or 16 and might be called freddie or something like that. Is he in the USA squad for the World Cup??

Freddy Adu is his name. Not sure if he's in the USA's world cup squad. i haven't seen it. I read a while ago that his first choice team is Man United.

1stepcloser said:

Freddy Adu is his name. Not sure if he's in the USA's world cup squad. i haven't seen it. I read a while ago that his first choice team is Man United.

Thats the lad. Supposed to be an unbelievable player and very young. When I get a chance today (ie I stop posting on this addictive site and my site and do some work!) I will look up the USA team!

CKONE said:

Thats the lad. Supposed to be an unbelievable player and very young. When I get a chance today (ie I stop posting on this addictive site and my site and do some work!) I will look up the USA team!

He's supposed to be about 15 or 16 but there's rumours that he's actually older than that because he's originally from Ghana and apparently African passports are quite dodgy.

I heard that Kanu is actually about 36!

Rooney - it will be a gamble to take him for the knock out stages! i actually think that after Greens injury yesterday Sven should take an extra striker and two keepers then the gamble is less of a risk.

so Freddy hasnt been picked Babyman. any of our usa members let us know what they think of this and how good is the lad?

sometimes Kanu moves at the pace of a 63 year old when he cant be bothered. good player when he can!

I think Rooney will be England's jolly, if the rest of team goes well, and by rest of the team I'm referring mostly to Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Owen.............Rooney can be the added force.

Kanu................i remember Inter saved his life. He had a serious heart problem, and Ajax left him play.........if he would have stood another year at Ajax he would have died on the field.

Beckham is still the first name I would put on the teamsheet.

I hope to see

Robinson (at last a solid keeper)
Cole (top class)
Ferdinand (top class)
Terry (the best central defender of the lot and next England Captain)
Neville G (even though I hate him - wish Young had been fit)
Beckham (Captain and new captain Marvel - this will be his tournament)
Gerrard (Sheer sheer class)
Lampard (sheer sheer class)
Downing (sorry Joe Cole but Downings on fire)
Owen (the best when at his best)
Crouch (the suprisingly skillfull front foil)

I have a good feeling about this one.

however please be gentle with me after we fuck it up against T & T and Paraguay

CKONE said:
Beckham is still the first name I would put on the teamsheet.

I hope to see

Cole (top class)
Ferdinand (top class)

On the sheet, this a nightmare line up for any other team. Must see how they get together. Don't undervalue Paraguay, southamericans play always with blood in the eyes.
Did England made a friendly against Belarus yesterday?

Lost 2 -1 with Belarus down to 10 for last 15 minutes.

I dont really care about results of friendlies - its the real games that count.

Good points - Owen, Cole, Campbell had good fitness run outs. Lennon and Downing did well as did Crouch. Young Walcott got a run out too!

Bad point was our 3rd keeper ripping his groin and will miss the World Cup. Hence why I suggested earlier we go with two keepers and include an extra attacker to soften the gamble on Rooney!

These are the kinds of players who deserve their place. Chelsea (indeed Mourinho) gave Crespo and Drogba so much space, Wright-Phillips could have been an important striker for England. He must go away from Chelsea, go to a team such Tottenham for instance

its fair to say he would have been a certainty for the WC had he stayed at Man City or moved to any other team than Chelsea!

CKONE said:

I hope to see

Cole (top class)
Ferdinand (top class)

I'd go along with most of that line up, but I'd just squeeze Cole in ahead of Downing, take what you're saying about him, & he'd definitely be on the bench, but Joe Cole, on his day is pure class, But, I definitely disagree with that lanky streak of P*SS crouch, I wouldn't have him in my lads school team, he is definitely a case of high profile club must be in England squad syndrome, when the bindippers kick him out he won't get a sniff at international football, & that can't happen soon enough.

:lol:

But when you play with certain players called Beckham, Gerrard and Lampard at your back....................you know they can give assists that even my 5 year young cousin would score!
So, maybe Crouch will show something he hasn't still showed

Well seeing as sven has taken him, & now Rooney's definitely out of the group stage, & probably the whole tournament, I sincerely hope he does, I'm just not going to hold my breath waiting for it to happen

jimmmm said:
Well seeing as sven has taken him, & now Rooney's definitely out of the group stage, & probably the whole tournament, I sincerely hope he does, I'm just not going to hold my breath waiting for it to happen

as a villan I understand your concerns on crouch. bear in mind he made the squad when at southampton. as awkwardas he looks he has very good skill and awareness of others. his heading is improving and owen plays well off him.

Our team is solid in defence. the midfield are very very strong with world class midfielders who also love to score. owen would be first choice anyway so the only way the team could be improved would be a player as good as shearer or sherringham at their peak next to owen. we dont have that with Rooney out so Crouch with all his awkward appearance just needs to keep the ball, play it simple and let own and the midfield come up and play off him (god this sounds great) and every game is won 4 or 5 nil.

its coming home!

There is definitely something that seperates league players from international players(most people call it class), & I'm not having a go at crouch cos he plays for the bindippers, I never felt Andy Cole had what it takes at international level either, but crouch like heskey just hasn't got what it takes, now people may point to the fact that he scored SOME goals for liverpool, & he's tall, so he should be able to knock down crosses for Owen,but he just hasn't got what it takes, as a target man I've personally never seen a weaker header of the ball in my entire life, & his finishing, well lets just say it leaves a lot to be desired, its only my opinion, but, I think it, a) shows a terrible lack of quality forwards in England(& I don't really believe that, with the likes of Defoe, Beattie, Johnson), or,b) like I said earlier eriksson suffers from a disease that has afflicted many England managers before him, Big Club Syndrome

And now Germany is having problems as well with Ballack , Wow the wicth is really out on these teams .

Also anyone with up. bout Shev's med condition ? I'm really up to see Ucr. games , but without him , it just doesnt happen.

Anyone know if they are gonna have an "upside down world cup" again this year. In 2002, the lowest ranked nations, Bhutan and Montserrat played each other on the eve of the WC final. (Bhutan won 4-nil and are now ranked about 180-odd). At this stage, this year's match would be between Turks & Caicos vs Guam. Anyone know if they're gonna do the same thing this year?

Dont know if anyone saw it, but the Aussies looked mighty convincing in Thursday's friendly against Greece in front of 95000 people in the most beautiful city in the world. The Hiddink Factor could seriously come into play come our matches against Japan, Croatia and Brazil.

Also, what's everyone's verdict on the African teams who've qualified? I'm liking the Ivory Coast. Just a shame they got a bloody hard group. Ghana are in a similar situation. Tunisia could realisitically qualify from Group H, provided they account for Suadi Arabia and get at least a draw against Spain or Ukraine. Angola could get a result against Iran, but could get thumped by their former colonisers Portugal, unless they do a Senegal....Togo could be a dark horse against a suspect French side, an unproven South Korea, and the Swiss.

U2@NYC said:
England without Rooney = out in round of 16.

:evil:

Not necessarily....rooney isn't all that brilliant anyway, and if England can top group B and if Germany tops group A, the Poms would face either an overrated poland, an ecuador side who are useless away from the high altitude of home and a costa rica side who really shouldn't be there...

Mind you, a Germany vs England round of 16 match is mouth-watering. I'd hope the Deutsch can smash the whinging poms off the park, but this German team is in such dissaray with a pretty uninspiring coach in Klinsmann and poor recent form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom