The Official Interference Super (it's two words, people) Bowl Thread - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2008, 09:40 PM   #481
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:43 AM
Asante Samuel would have had a hard time keeping his feet inbounds even if he had caught that ball. He's made plays like that before, but it is by no means routine.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #482
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:43 AM
"Eli Manning, you've just won the super bowl. What are you going to do now?"

"I'm going to let Tiki suck my ..."

Old 02-04-2008, 09:52 PM   #483
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener
Welcome back Hewson!

Despite the outcome (in your eyes), I still think you are one lucky bastard!
Yes, obviously the outcome was not to my liking, but I did get to witness one of the greatest sporting events ever first hand. And I'm "experienced" enough in being a sports fan not to have let the outcome affect me too much. When I walked back into the house and handed a silly souvenir nerf style football to my 3 yr old and saw the joy it brought him, the game was already a memory and nothing more.

So here's the Reader's Digest version...Any serious sports fan needs to get themselves to a Super Bowl once in their lifetime. Even if I were a Dolphin's fan (why the hell would I do that though? ), it would have been an incredible experience. The atmosphere is beyond any event I've attended in person, including Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS, Game 5 of the 1986 World Series, Celtics playoff games in the Bird era and others. And to have the drama that unfolded in the 4th quarter of that game is almost surreal. A few specifics...what a game of inches...Headache's initial post in the thread describing Eli and the final drive heroics would 8 out of 10 times have been a description of goat horns, cause people now overlook the ball he threw directly to Assante Samuel, which Samuel catches 8 of 10 times...but Eli put it behind him and along with David Tyree completed the single greatest play in Super Bowl and possibly NFL history. I was in the corner at that end of the field, thought sure Eli was ruled sacked because his progress seemed stopped, but no whistle came , when he spun out I saw Tyree open, but also saw Harrison closing...how Rodney doesn't knock that ball away still amazes me. The final drive was charmed indeed, the Giants seemed destined to score, every time they looked like they were about to be stopped, they found just enough to march on.
Some crazy game.

As for other events...golfing at Lookout Mountain at the Hilton Point Tapatio resort Saturday provided some interesting wildlife encounters, including watching 3 coyotes (who obviously don't shop at Acme) triangulate around a roadrunner, catch him and fight over his carcass....right on the second hole. Meep meep indeed.

Th NFL experience was in a word crowded. Wish we had known that Sunday it was open to only SB ticket holders, we could have headed over earlier and done some of the things that the line was too long for Saturday. Some cool stuff to do, throwing footballs through tires, kicking through uprights etc. First tent we entered had a Canon booth where people were getting their picture taken with Archie Manning...we got in line and the volunteer line nazi stepped in 2 people ahead of us and said that was the end cause Archie had only 10 minutes left. Oh well. Later Russ Francis appeared at the booth and I got to meet and get a photo with him. A win for me over Archie personally. Very nice guy, and rather tall.
Also walked past a rather large Anthony Munoz. Saw(but wasn't willing to wait in line for) Bryant Westbrook at the autograph booth. (DaveC and PF26 would have spent the hour plus in line I'm sure). And they had a "phone a friend" booth where 4 players were talking to whoever you called on your cell phone, at the time I passed they had Joe Horn and Jake Delhomme amongst the guys doing it. Again too long of a line.
Also met and chated with David Bryan (Bon Jovi's keyboard player) at the game in the souvenir store, and ran into none other than Phil Simms at the Continental terminal sunday night.

Now having slept only a few hours on a couple of planes since 6:30 AM Mountain Time Sunday, tis time for some sleep...I do have a few comments to make about some of the other posts in this thread(damn 32 pages takes a while to read when you're bleary-eyed), but it must wait till tomorrow. I sent a congratulatory email to my Giants fan friend from this board earlier today, but I'll close with a repeat...congrats Headache, enjoy the victory, I know the feeling, just not this time. (And c'mon MrPryck, you didn't think I meant you did ya? The Jets will be better once they fire Mangini )
Old 02-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #484
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

Jealous!

Seems like one hell of an experience.

I WILL get to the Super Bowl someday...
Old 02-04-2008, 10:01 PM   #485
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Jealous!

Seems like one hell of an experience.

I WILL get to the Super Bowl someday...
Next year in Tampa...Pats/Vikings...have the soon to be wife get you a trip for your wedding gift.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #486
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Next year in Tampa...Pats/Vikings...have the soon to be wife get you a trip for your wedding gift.
Or Colts/Vikes and my company (read: Colts and Vikings) pays me for the trip!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:02 PM   #487
Blue Crack Distributor

repeat
Old 02-05-2008, 12:26 PM   #488
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Assuming the Packers, Cowboys, Chargers, Colts and Jaguars don't all spontaneously fold sometime over the next year, both the Patriots and the Giants are going to have a hell of a time getting back to the Super Bowl.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #489
Blue Crack Distributor

i know... and the 5 year complain about the team grace period has officialy begun for me.

that said... favre will be a year older, and the cowboys have all sorts of issues from their coach and coordinators to TO to romo's preference in women... so it's obviously going to be very difficult, but i certainly think they can at least get there again.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #490
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

This parade is awesome! The cermony is about to begin. We've got Whoopi on the mic.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #491
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:43 AM
Quote:

Or Colts/Vikes and my company (read: Colts and Vikings) pays me for the trip!
Man, it would hurt my soul too much to root against the Vikings, especially since they've never won a Super Bowl. but my blood is blue. It's physically impossible for me to not cheer for the Colts. arrrggh let's not have that happen

Eli, little dude, you've proven yourself quite well. I'll definitely watch the Giants more next year

I wonder how the Pats will be next year... surely still damn good?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #492
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm trading in my Lions jersey for a Giants one next season.

No bandwagon (ok, maybe a teeny bit) here. I'll continue to root for all my other home teams, but picking another NFL team to root for was easy - it's all about NYC.

...aaaaaand the little fact that the Lions were never, are not, and never will be anything more than a thorn in the side of any Detroit sports fan
Old 02-05-2008, 01:53 PM   #493
Blue Crack Distributor

chants over heard at the giants parade, according to wfan... "18 and 1!", "we are the champions!", "fire isiah!"

Old 02-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #494
Blue Crack Distributor

Isiah just can't catch a break, can he?

I would have had money on you being there.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #495
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
chants over heard at the giants parade, according to wfan... "18 and 1!", "we are the champions!", "fire isiah!"

No "Yankees suck"??