The Official Interference Super (it's two words, people) Bowl Thread - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #421
The Male

Local Time: 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by daygloeyes2
I blame Belichick's red hoodie for the loss.
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

It's all over.

Cheatriots will lose without THE SWEATER. It's the source of their power. Why else would he wear something that hideous?

Now.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #422
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by daygloeyes2
I blame Belichick's red hoodie for the loss.

we were all commenting on his girlie hoodie!

Old 02-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #423
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Doozer61

we were all commenting on his girlie hoodie!
I'm on my cellphone. And I'm too lazy to put the effort in to go back and read.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #424
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
That's because we have no idea what team to associate with you because, well, you like multiple teams.

I've stated clearly that I'm only a Giants' fan. I guess you didn't get the memo. lol!

I still haven't gotten a damn shirt. Everywhere I go, they're sold out. Ugh.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:11 PM   #425
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

Mr. Pryck roots for every team that ever played in NYC.

Cosmos, Dodgers, Giants, Arrows, you name it, he pulls for them.

It makes it hard to properly congratulate him.
You forgot the NY Dragons of the AFL. Also the Cityhawks too. Get with the program.

Oh, and when you're done, drag the dead horse you're beating away.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #426
Blue Crack Distributor

what a crazy month and a half.

i mean really... wow. unnnnbelievable.

going into the season the hope for this team was that we could finally figure out what eli was, wether or not he could be the QB to lead this team in the future... wether or not tom coughlin could survive the year... how they could possibly replace tiki barber... would strahan report, retire or what?... and ultimately, how high a draft pick will they get when the giants inevitably miss the playoffs.

i've been an eli supporter for the past 4 years, but even i was begining to think that he simply wasnt the guy, that he didn't have "it."

and then there were the patriots... a 2nd half choke from the super bowl last year, replacing every major hole from last year's team with a pro bowler... steamrolling through their opponents. heck, i even made a 50 dollar bet with a coworker in which i took the pats and he took the field, straight up, no odds, pats win the super bowl. they just looked that damn good. forget that... they ARE that damn good.

frankly, i would like to thank eric mangini for this super bowl victory. if he hadn't exposed the entire "spygate" bullshit, i honestly don't think the patriots would have gone through the regular season undefeated. and if the patriots weren't undefeated on that week 17 saturday night, the giants probably wouldn't have found that "it" factor to rally around. they found their confidence that night, even in defeat.

first round vs. the giant killer jeff garcia? i knew they'd win that game... tampa sucks. then came dallas... that drive by eli at the end of the 1st half, changing the game, stunning dallas and killing their momentum into the half. then green bay... in the terrible climate against the great brett favre, to come away with that win... unbelievable.

and then the rematch against the undefeated, unstoppable patriots. the great tom brady, the great bill belichick. they play great in the first half and they're still losing... ya just get that feel that the pats will get it done, but the giants just keep hanging around, and the defensive line stymies brady throughout. but even still, brady does what brady does and drives the length of the field to punch it in and give the patriots the lead.

so here we are... 2 1/2 minutes to go, the ball in eli's hands, needing a touchdown... and eli manning... the guy who's been the butt of jokes all year long... leads a montana like drive down the field. he out brady's brady, including a play that will go down as one of the greatest in super bowl history on the escape from the sack 40 yard pass to tyree, who makes an equally amazing catch. and then plaxico more or less walks into the endzone on a great route, and the amazing has happened.

no matter what eli manning does from this point on, it doesn't matter. he can go back to being old eli next year, i do not care. for 2 minutes in february he was legendary.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:25 PM   #427
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I think I'm going to die a little bit everytime I see your signature.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #428
Blue Crack Distributor

week 3. giants/redskins. a second half comeback gives the giants the lead, but the redskins drive all the way down the field and have an opportunity to tie the game in the closing seconds. 4th and goal at the one. the defense gets the stop.

they fall to 0-3, they do not win the super bowl.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #429
Blue Crack Distributor

I love Strahan, what a great picture.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #430
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

what a crazy month and a half.

i mean really... wow. unnnnbelievable.

going into the season the hope for this team was that we could finally figure out what eli was, wether or not he could be the QB to lead this team in the future... wether or not tom coughlin could survive the year... how they could possibly replace tiki barber... would strahan report, retire or what?... and ultimately, how high a draft pick will they get when the giants inevitably miss the playoffs.

i've been an eli supporter for the past 4 years, but even i was begining to think that he simply wasnt the guy, that he didn't have "it."

and then there were the patriots... a 2nd half choke from the super bowl last year, replacing every major hole from last year's team with a pro bowler... steamrolling through their opponents. heck, i even made a 50 dollar bet with a coworker in which i took the pats and he took the field, straight up, no odds, pats win the super bowl. they just looked that damn good. forget that... they ARE that damn good.

frankly, i would like to thank eric mangini for this super bowl victory. if he hadn't exposed the entire "spygate" bullshit, i honestly don't think the patriots would have gone through the regular season undefeated. and if the patriots weren't undefeated on that week 17 saturday night, the giants probably wouldn't have found that "it" factor to rally around. they found their confidence that night, even in defeat.

first round vs. the giant killer jeff garcia? i knew they'd win that game... tampa sucks. then came dallas... that drive by eli at the end of the 1st half, changing the game, stunning dallas and killing their momentum into the half. then green bay... in the terrible climate against the great brett favre, to come away with that win... unbelievable.

and then the rematch against the undefeated, unstoppable patriots. the great tom brady, the great bill belichick. they play great in the first half and they're still losing... ya just get that feel that the pats will get it done, but the giants just keep hanging around, and the defensive line stymies brady throughout. but even still, brady does what brady does and drives the length of the field to punch it in and give the patriots the lead.

so here we are... 2 1/2 minutes to go, the ball in eli's hands, needing a touchdown... and eli manning... the guy who's been the butt of jokes all year long... leads a montana like drive down the field. he out brady's brady, including a play that will go down as one of the greatest in super bowl history on the escape from the sack 40 yard pass to tyree, who makes an equally amazing catch. and then plaxico more or less walks into the endzone on a great route, and the amazing has happened.

no matter what eli manning does from this point on, it doesn't matter. he can go back to being old eli next year, i do not care. for 2 minutes in february he was legendary.

Congratulations Head in a suitecase and your Giants!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #431
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
I think I'm going to die a little bit everytime I see your signature.

that entire play... the escape by eli, the catch by tyree... will go right next to wide right, "here comes willis," namath running off the field flashing the #1 in the air, messier's gaurantee, bill buckner and the jeter flip as the greatest moments in new york sports history.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #432
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

Head in a suitecase

Old 02-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #433
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U

You forgot the NY Dragons of the AFL. Also the Cityhawks too. Get with the program.

Oh, and when you're done, drag the dead horse you're beating away.
Never gets old to me.

Headache, congrats!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:07 PM   #434
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
They had 2 insane comebacks in Yankee Stadium, coming off destroying the Mariners, who had won a record 116 games during the regular season.
Talk about your hard losses to swallow. I'm still smarting over the M's getting blown out of the playoffs that year.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #435
Blue Crack Supplier

So, wait, MrPryck only roots for the Giants and Jets? Not the Dragons?