The Official Interference Super (it's two words, people) Bowl Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zonelistener said:
Okay, let me rant now (no response to any of these comments are needed):

FUCK YOU PATRIOTS!

- You cannot blame pumped in crowd noise.

- Maybe going out and trade-marking "19-0" wasn't such a good idea afterall

- Hmm. Brady hasn't won a championship in a couple of years. Does that make him a "choker" like Peyton?

Okay...I am done.

Tom Brady = 3 Super Bowl rings
Peyton & Eli Manning = 1 ring each.

Enjoy the feeling while it lasts.

I agree with SeattleVertigo, Patriots couldn't have lost to a more deserving team.

And you can count me in on the Tuck For MVP train.

SeattleVertigo said:
All credit to the Giants. That was an unbelievable performance. If the Patriots were going to go down, this wasn't a bad scenario. They went out to one of the great all-time Cinderella stories.

The Giants, destroyer of dreams. Travel to Tampa and win. OK, that's not such a big deal. But then they go to Dallas and win -- that's huge. Then they go to Green Bay in the sub-zero temps and beat Favre and the Packers. That's even bigger. Then they beat the otherworldly 18-0 Patriots on the game's biggest stage. Wow. As a fan of the game, I've got to say that that is SO cool.

As a Patriots fan, of course I'm disappointed, but I don't feel bad. Life goes on, and I was treated to watching what I'd say was the best football I've ever seen for so much of the season.

They're not the greatest team of all time -- they'd have had to have won the Superbowl for that. But they gave us so many thrills, so much fun.

I don't think Brady did anything to tarnish his Hall of Fame credentials. But he'll need to go a bit further if he wants to match up with Joe Montana for best ever. He's still got time, but there are no guarantees in this world.

Congratulations, Giants. You did football proud.

If I am a Patriots fan, I would be crying so hard. This is utterly devastating. You are one win away from perfection. Perfection. This is a once-in-a-lifetime thing. You win every single game. All you need to do is win the Super Bowl and people will remember you forever. Instead, you will be remembered as the team that blew it. I hate to sound harsh. But if I were a Patriots fan, I would never ever get over this. Ever.
If I were a player on the Patriots, I would have been crying. But I just saw Brady in the post interview and he seemed very professional and didn't seem too heartbroken. Oh well. He's won three titles. But this one HAS TO HURT BIG-TIME.

lazarus said:

Tom Brady = 3 Super Bowl rings
Peyton & Eli Manning = 1 ring each.

You missed the point. But thank you.

For years, Pats fans have been calling the Mannings Chokers. Yes, Brady has three super bowl rings, but it has been a few years. Has he lost it in the big game? I mean, that is what a lot of people said about Peyton before he won the Super Bowl last year.

:wink:

joerags said:

If I am a Patriots fan, I would be crying so hard. This is utterly devastating. You are one win away from perfection. Perfection. This is a once-in-a-lifetime thing. You win every single game. All you need to do is win the Super Bowl and people will remember you forever. Instead, you will be remembered as the team that blew it. I hate to sound harsh. But if I were a Patriots fan, I would never ever get over this. Ever.
If I were a player on the Patriots, I would have been crying. But I just saw Brady in the post interview and he seemed very professional and didn't seem too heartbroken. Oh well. He's won three titles. But this one HAS TO HURT BIG-TIME.

If I were a Pats fan, I'd be running-through-walls mad. Especially with the points you made. Brady handled himself very well after the game.

joerags said:

You know, having seen them win three Superbowls this decade, my cup runneth over. I suffered through so many bad Patriots and Red Sox seasons when I was younger, but both teams have had so much success lately.

Football is supposed to be FUN. it's a game. It's not life and death.

I think I have a very different psychology than you. <grin> Life was beautiful before the Superbowl, and it continues to be beautiful after the Superbowl.

I was absolutely thrilled with this season, and the Superbowl was a total classic.

SeattleVertigo said:

:wink: Easy to say when your team is incredible.

When it sucks, well, you act like the asshole I've been in this thread. :(

SeattleVertigo said:

You know, having seen them win three Superbowls this decade, my cup runneth over. I suffered through so many bad Patriots and Red Sox seasons when I was younger, but both teams have had so much success lately.

I think I have a very different psychology than you. <grin> Life was beautiful before the Superbowl, and it continues to be beautiful after the Superbowl.

I was absolutely thrilled with this season, and the Superbowl was a total classic.

For Pete's sake, it's Super Bowl, not Superbowl. It's two words.

SeattleVertigo said:

You're right, it's supposed to be fun, but, you represent the minority right now. Most Pat's fans are disappointed or pissed right now. Life goes on, agreed, but to not be a little disappointed right now is not typical.

ETA - I said "right now" 2 times in one paragraph. So very fucking eloquent.

Last edited:
Here's to hoping we stop hearing about the Mavs and Warriors now.
smielephantin7.gif

No spoken words said:

You're right, it's supposed to be fun, but, you represent the minority right now. Most Pat's fans are disappointed or pissed right now. Life goes on, agreed, but to not be a little disappointed right now is not typical.

Well, I said earlier that I'm disappointed.

I don't know if we'll ever see a perfect season in our lifetimes. Maybe, but it seems like a longshot.

SeattleVertigo said:

Ha! I didn't notice that.

The Giants sure proved people wrong, eh?

Unfortunately so.

But perhaps Pats fan nation will come back down to earth, which is a good thing. Perhaps the balance has been restored. :hmm:

SeattleVertigo said:

Try telling that to my dad :rolleyes:

I'm not saying he's a big Pats fan.....but he betted for them to win in a fantasy football contest (I think...as you can tell, I know nothing about football) at his job (the prize $500 Visa Gift Cards....5 people gets $100 each).

I can't really fully you why (without sounding whiny and emoish).....but I can explain it in private. Sorry :reject:

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAvAAAA

It's funny what sticks with you, on the negative side, as a sports fan.

As a Yankee fan, you'd think that losing to Boston in 2004, blowing a 3 games to none lead would be the worst.....but, actually, the one that bothers me a lot more was losing Game 7 in Arizona in 2001. That was the only time some people (outside of Yankee fans, of course) actually pulled for the Yanks, because of 9/11. They had 2 insane comebacks in Yankee Stadium, coming off destroying the Mariners, who had won a record 116 games during the regular season. Things just seemed to be aligned.

The Yanks had won the 3 prior World Series, so you'd have to think that losing this one was no big deal, cos of the recent success. But, I was at games 1,2, 6 and 7 in Arizona, and the Yanks lost all 4. Watching them lose Game 7, with a lead and Rivera on the hill, was such an empty feeling. They were on the brink of 4 WS in a row, which is rarefied air. 3 in a row is mighty impressive, but 4 in a row in most sports is rarely seen. Typing about it reminds me of how much it bothered me. After the last out, I just fucking stood there and watched the D-Back fans, (who did not know fuck-all about the sport, sorry) go berserk. G-d that sucked ass. Then my friend and I had to drive back to LA. I wonder if Hewson experienced something similar today.

Anyway, if I were a Pats fan, I think that I'd take this loss fairly hard, since they were on the brink of immortality. I do not say this to rub it in, at all, they're a great franchise and will be back next year. I just type this because this was a different sort of loss, well, at least that's how I see it.

Back
Top Bottom