The OFFICIAL Interference POST-World Cup Thread (PART 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sraphim said:

and btw, I never said that Materazzi is a saint. but as you said trash talk happens (I don't like it, but it happens) and a professionist must know how to react - with words rather than actions, because the moment you hit the other player you're just giving in to his game

Sraphim mia cara ..... :hug:

No penso in continuare chesta polemica , ma solo parlo , paroles sporcas non includere razismo o simili cosas , Penso quella "Trash Talk " son personales offensas , ma naturalmente chesto é solo mie pensiari .

Anyway the point is , I'm glad this thing seems to be close to a end now , but I do believe and specially wish there was some punishment for Materazzi , not sayin Italy should lost the title or something , ma

l'altro gioco non essere errato , penso

Here it is , from BBC sports :

Interviewer: You know the Italian players well because you played in Italy for five years. Did you have any problem with any of them beforehand?

Zinedine Zidane: Not at all. You always have friction with certain players...that is the game, it has always been like that. But I never had any clashes with anyone.

Interviewer: Nor Materazzi?

Zinedine Zidane: No, never. There was nothing beforehand and nothing in the match until he started pulling my jersey.

He grabbed my shirt and I told him to stop. I told him if he wanted I'd swap it with him at the end of the match.

That is when he said some very hard words, which were harder than gestures. He repeated them several times. It all happened very quickly and he spoke about things which hurt me deep down.

Interviewer: Everyone wants to know exactly what he said...

Zinedine Zidane: They were very serious things, very personal things.

Interviewer: About your mother and your sister?

Zinedine Zidane: Yes. They were very hard words. You hear them once and you try to move away.

But then you hear them twice, and then a third time... I am a man and some words are harder to hear than actions. I would rather have taken a blow to the face than hear that.

Interviewer: He said these things about your mother and sister two or three times?

Zinedine Zidane: Yes. I reacted and of course it is not a gesture you should do. I must say that strongly.

It was seen by two or three billion people watching on television and millions and millions of children.

It was an inexcusable gesture and to them, and the people in education whose job it is to show children what they should and shouldn't do, I want to apologise.

Interviewer: You apologise to them but do you really regret having done it?

Zinedine Zidane: I can't regret it because if I do it would be like admitting that he was right to say all that. And above all, it was not right.

We always talk about the reaction, and inevitably it must be punished. But if there is no provocation, there is no reaction.

First of all you have to say there is provocation, and the guilty one is the one who does the provoking. The response is to always punish the reaction, but if I react, something has happened.

Do you imagine that in a World Cup final like that, with just 10 minutes to go to the end of my career, I am going to do something like that because it gives me pleasure?

Interviewer: No of course not. But at the moment you exploded...

Zinedine Zidane: There was provocation, and it was very serious, that is all. My action was inexcusable but you have to punish the real culprit, and the real culprit is the one who provoked it. Voila.

U2@NYC said:
However, I got a butthead instead of a headbutt... so, technically, you would be shoving your butt to me or something like that... hmm, maybe that is not that bad. :D

:banghead:

Hahahaha!!!

:lmao:

Oops.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you MissMaCo and J_NP (btw. I am shy) for posting what Zidane had to say.

BonoManiac, excellent post.
Wish I could have written it myself.
'Cause it describes precisely how I've been looking at the situation.

BonoManiac said:
with the absence of microphones

Am I the only one thinking that (as a consequence of this incident) it could very well be possible that in the future players will be wearing miniscule, tiny microphones somewhere on (or perhaps even in) their body?

Probably a bit too James Bond, secret agencies and spy-world, right?

Last edited:
J_NP said:
Anyway the point is , I'm glad this thing seems to be close to a end now , but I do believe and specially wish there was some punishment for Materazzi

he should be punished if he really made some racist comments, I said that from the very first moment.
I was just reading a funny article on the Gazzetta website: there's this french lawyer who, lol, wants a rematch of the final because, according to him (but non to the FIFA...) the ref didn't see Zidane headbutting Materazzi... LOL.

oh and btw... IMO, Gallas made some racist statements about Italians as a country, and I feel offended by his words. should I go and headbutt him? I heard that's how it works now :rolleyes:

Miringeltje said:

Thank you MissMaCo and J_NP (btw. I am shy)

Oh but you don't need to , you see , you won't find anyone with a bigger shyness than me , so therefore no need to be shy with me , at least :wink:

sraphim said:

oh and btw... IMO, Gallas made some racist statements about Italians as a country, and I feel offended by his words. should I go and headbutt him? I heard that's how it works now :rolleyes:

he did ..... :huh:

BTW if this is the case , then Mr Roberto Calderoli should get at least 10 Headbutts

"Italians always act like this," he told AFP. "It is a shame to say that, but when they feel they are being dominated they try to provoke you.

"Yes, they are cheaters, but we can't stop that. Fifa and the referees only see the second act, they never look at why there is an incident.

"I accept when the adversary wins with honour, but that is not the case. We know Zizou, he doesn't react like that, people can't react like that, but he has been insulted.

"I think it was very grave. When you play against people like that you want to kick their a$$. It is cheating, but they are Italians."

poor him. I guess he's just a sore loser :eyebrow:
nothing new though... pizza-eaters, cheaters, parassites... we've heard it all already :D

Mazeratty deserved that headbutt.....and i believe a rematch fo the final is in order.........i believe players need microphones.....i believe they need video refs.........i believe they need.........refs!

And i don't know what the big deal is about this headbutt.....it's not like Zidane actually hurt him...The italian team are pack of softy's.........JC..........i reckon my nan could have hit harder than that!

sraphim said:
pizza-eaters, cheaters, parassites... [/B]

I'm a pizza-eater :D Actually a very happy Pizza-eater , and so a .....

A Lasagna-eater , Caneloni-eater :drool: , Ravioli-eater :drool: :drool: Macarronada-eater :drool: :drool: :drool:

God Bless Italia :drool: The Ladies , The Food , The Stadiums .....

ravioli-1.gif

lasagna.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks J-NP, i was just about hinking what to do for Dinner.....you made my mind up.........and you made me hungry....now i have to raid the cookie jar,that has my Kingston's and grab a coffee.....Chow bello!

Eh - those aren't real insults against the Italians.

I'm hungry now :angry:.

And I just ordered pasta for dinner :drool: .

Last edited:

Am I the only one thinking that (as a consequence of this incident) it could very well be possible that in the future players will be wearing miniscule, tiny microphones somewhere on (or perhaps even in) their body?

Probably a bit too James Bond, secret agencies and spy-world, right? [/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you Miringeltje.

I'm trying to remain objective about the situation.

Miringeltje said:

Probably a bit too James Bond, secret agencies and spy-world, right?

Thank you Miringeltje.

I'm trying to remain objective about the situation. Everyone is getting too emotional.

Italians don't deserve that title because they make everybody hungry with their great and tasty food. :wink:

ladywithspinninghead said:
If anyone wants to know why Zidane reacted so harshly to Materazzi's insults about his mother...

I just skimmed it. But I think what compounded it was the fact that his mother had been hospitalized hours (I believe) before the match.

ladywithspinninghead said:
If anyone wants to know why Zidane reacted so harshly to Materazzi's insults about his mother, you should check out the Guardian's article below about the sanctity of mothers in certain cultures and how that may have pressed ZZ's buttons:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2006/story/0,,1818324,00.html

that's true... I mean I'm not defending zidane (why... whYYYY??? ). but, for example, in my country the worst insult is "hijo de puta" (son of a bitch is not very accurate I think, the word "whore" would be the right one ), even the expression "your momma", can be ofensive for some people, even more if their mom is dead or sick or too old. If we take this to high level it is an insult to the Virgin Mary (and you know how latin america loves the Virgin mary :) ) Even if your mom were really a whore you would get mad. Like we said "our moms are sacred" :)

Last edited:
Vincent Vega said:
Italians don't deserve that title because they make everybody hungry with their great and tasty food. :wink:

Vincent, you're my hero!

I dunno what the hell Materazzi said (btw, he said he didn't tell a word about Zidane's mother coz he lost his when he was 15), but I think both of them are wrong.
Zidane is in his 30s and knows the rules of the field: if you hit someone on purpose, you're out. No matter what he told you.

sraphim said:
for those who understand Italian, here's the interview to Materazzi from today's Gazzetta:

http://www.corriere.it/Primo_Piano/Sport/2006/07_Luglio/13/materazzi.shtml

Thank you! I didn't understood it completelly but I could read something...
That reminds me! I think I'm going to Italy this summer:hyper: It's not decided yet but it's probable... I can't wait! I've never been there.

As for Materazzi/ Zidane, I'm glad it's finally comming to and end... It's about time...

Interesting that the reporter asked him twice bout comments on Zidane's sister and he avoided it ......... And I'm not tryin to take sides and all , but think with me , Does anyone here believes that even if Materazzi had done racist comments or like , or bout Zidane's mother , which I believe he did , does anyone believes He would confirm it ...... Anyone believes he would be "that SMART " , To say , yes I said that , I'm this bastard ........ :eyebrow:

Anyway that's it , got no further comments , though I say again even if there was no racist comments , I think it should still have a punishment for Materazzi , any ..... end this bloody thing called "trash talk" , It's ridiculous this , the less talented players provoke the great / genius ones , coz this is the only way they can "win" him ........ It's totally against the game . People should give a enough for this , starting now . If this episode goes on without anything from FIFA , it will be a loss for football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom