The OFFICIAL Interference POST-World Cup Thread (PART 8) - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #61
An Interferer

Local Time: 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP

I dont know if this was put before here but anyway .....

who understand german , check this

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball...426180,00.html

In a nutshell , the most respected german magazine Der Spiegel , is sayin that according to same Article 55 NtalWar reminded , If there was indeed a racist insult , Italy can lose the game .... therefore :

The TITLE

Though to me this wont go anywhere , dont think Fifa would be able to do somethin that drastic

Through goog translat

Free of doubts if the wording of its offense is proven to the 32-Jährigen, hard consequences possibly threaten it and its team. Only in March this yearly decided the Fifa to a conference new punishments against racism. In the article 55, paragraph 4 of the Fifa Disciplines is called it: “Behavior player, official one of federations or clubs as well as spectators in any form discriminating against or contempting for human beings in accordance with exp. 1 and/or 2 of this article, then become the crew concerned, if zuordbar, with a first passing automatically three points taken off. (...) In plays without point assignment the appropriate crew becomes disqualified ”
That's what I thought and why I asked if there was prove of what Materazzi (damn, every time I make the same typo with that name : Mazeratti) said to Zidane and if so that there could be trouble.

Not that I think anything is gonna happen.

First of all, I don't think there is any proof.

The only two that (might) know what was said, are Materazzi and Zidane.
And maybe even they don't remember it clearly.
It's quite easy to mishear something.
Or forget things.
(Under the influence of alcohol (which more than likely was consumed after the win by Materazzi) or illegal substances (did that story about some footballers using "dope" in the Spanish competition really get printed???)

We already know that one of the two (Materazzi) for sure ain't gonna tell the truth.
And Zidane isn't going to tell either.
'Cause he's probably well aware of what will happen/ the consequences (suspension for Materazzi, and perhaps disqualification of the entire Italian team), if he does.
The head butt wasn't good for his image.
Telling will make it even worse.

All I can see him doing, is come out and say that his reaction was wrong, that he shouldn't have done it and that he apologizes for such horrible behaviour.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:28 PM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sraphim
[B]il futuro del calcio in Italia? that's a though question
some people are asking for AMNISTIA but I would hate if it ended like this. just because we won the cup it doesn't mean that everything's alright... I mean, I'll be sad to see almost all players of the national team leave... and I'll be sad for the fans, too... but someone's got to pay
la Juventus dovrebbe andare in serie C1, Milan - Lazio - Fiorentina in serie B, e tutte avrebbero dei punti di penalizzazione
(hope you understood - I don't know how well you can speak Italian )
E il Lecce diventa campione de la serie A !!!

Crazy.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Miringeltje

That's what I thought and why I asked if there was prove of what was Materazzi (damn, every time I make the same typo with that name : Mazeratti) said to Zidane and if so that there could be trouble.

Not that I think anything is gonna happen.

Let's hope not.
'Cause that ain't gonna be pretty.
It cannot happen.

Not because it shouldnt. But because it will be the biggest scandal in football history. And FIFA will not allow that, as it has been embarassed enough (for its own fault) and does not want to continue to be embarassed.

The most extreme measure they could take would be to replay the final, but that alone would be a mess. So, probably, we would see Materazzi suspended for something like 4 games, which will be completely irrelevant.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:34 PM   #64
Refugee

Local Time: 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC

It cannot happen.

Not because it shouldnt. But because it will be the biggest scandal in football history. And FIFA will not allow that, as it has been embarassed enough (for its own fault) and does not want to continue to be embarassed.

The most extreme measure they could take would be to replay the final, but that alone would be a mess. So, probably, we would see Materazzi suspended for something like 4 games, which will be completely irrelevant.
As much of that happening as there is of Zidane going to jail for assault, which would be the outcome if I headbutted someone like he has done twice now
Old 07-11-2006, 09:51 PM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by toscano

As much of that happening as there is of Zidane going to jail for assault, which would be the outcome if I headbutted someone like he has done twice now
Ok, let's send Zidane to jail and replay the final.

By the way, the title is 1/23rd Argentine as Camoranesi was born in Argentina...
Old 07-11-2006, 09:51 PM   #66
An Interferer

Damn, I should really learn to edit a bit quicker.

I'm sorry, U2@NYC.
You probably didn't see that I changed my earlier post (you reacted upon).
Old 07-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Miringeltje
Damn, I should really learn to edit a bit quicker.

I'm sorry, U2@NYC.
Such a pretty lady does not need to apologize.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:54 PM   #68
Refugee

Quote:

What's the fun in that U2SJ specially after you either :

- Was called "dirty african pig" or
- Had your sister called "prostitute " 2x or
- Was called "dirty terrorist"

Or something like this worse
Or none of the above. We don't know. The only ones who know FOR SURE are Materazzi and Zidane, and they haven't said. Sheesh.

And no, the headbutt is NOT the appropriate response for a professional, or for a civilized human being for that matter. Haven't you ever trash talked with anyone ?

If every time someone who's called a name or is on the receiving end of a "your momma/your sister" comment did what zidane did there would be complete and utter mayhem.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:56 PM   #69
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:32 AM
Quote:

Ok, let's send Zidane to jail and replay the final.

By the way, the title is 1/23rd Argentine as Camoranesi was born in Argentina...
If I was "funny" and wanted to do a joke to piss args , I would say "It's the only way you either see an argentinian on final ( Elizondro ) or Champion (Camor. ) " , but I won't do that

I was thinkin bout the same , so what would be like , a final without Zizou and Materazzi ..... or would he able to play
Old 07-11-2006, 09:56 PM   #70
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl

Wow. He said that?

We don't know what we said. Not even the blind deaf mute video lip reading 3-legged mindreaders
Old 07-11-2006, 09:57 PM   #71
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by annie_vox
I don't think Zidane will ever say anything about it... But I wish he would just to end the speculations... Because I've heard babout five by now...
I'm still awaiting Zidane's public apology.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:00 PM   #72
An Interferer

Quote:

Such a pretty lady does not need to apologize.

Oh, stop it!
You're making me blush
Old 07-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #73
Refugee

Quote:
This story is away from ending , actually is begginin Part II , set for Euro qualfs. :

Don't know much about "The sun" do ya ?

They are to journalism what Zidane is to turning the other cheek
Old 07-11-2006, 10:02 PM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

If I was "funny" and wanted to do a joke to piss args , I would say "It's the only way you either see an argentinian on final ( Elizondro ) or Champion (Camor. ) " , but I won't do that

I was thinkin bout the same , so what would be like , a final without Zizou and Materazzi ..... or would he able to play
Be careful, J_NP, this is probably the worst World Cup for Brazilians to make fun of anyone...

We'll meet in the Copa America next year... And Messi will play this time (I hope...).

I'm buying Elizondo's t-shirt to celebrate.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:02 PM   #75
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by toscano

And no, the headbutt is NOT the appropriate response for a professional, or for a civilized human being for that matter. Haven't you ever trash talked with anyone ?

Last time I heard talk trash , doesnt include racist comments or call someone terrorist , specially in a football game ...... but again , " there's the DOUBT"

But Toscano , if we go again with the 'theory' : Materazzi is a Zidane a , and " we put the doubt in favor of Mat "

That link of Youtube would have to be put again here and seen