The OFFICIAL Interference POST-World Cup Thread (PART 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:uhoh:

Did that scare everyone away?

OK,OK.

I apologize for my unfitting behavior.

It's safe to come back now! :wink:

By the way, this version of what was being said made me laugh:

Last night Materazzi's agent Phil Smith revealed the Italian's version of what happened.

He said it began when Materazzi grabbed the Frenchman's shirt, pinching his nipple. "If you want my shirt so much, then you can f...... have it after the game," Zidane supposedly said.

"I'd rather have the shirt off your woman," Materazzi responded, a reference to Zidane's wife Veronique. Ka-boom."

I would take that as a compliment, not as an insult.

Last edited:
Miringeltje said:
:uhoh:

Did that scare everyone away?

I would take that as a compliment, not as an insult.
:corn:

You sure it's ok? :wink:

I think what he claims to have said was perhaps "Part 1 of 2" - i.e. the part that did not anger Zidane. However it was Part 2 of 2 that set him off - the mystery phrase.

ntalwar said:

:corn:

You sure it's ok? :wink:

I think what he claims to have said was perhaps "Part 1 of 2" - i.e. the part that did not anger Zidane. However it was Part 2 of 2 that set him off - the mystery phrase.

Oh, then part 2 of 2 has to be the one Materazzi said about that it's something that's said on the field all the time.
So that must be: F*ck off!
Which Zidane misheard as: I fucked her!
And he went :madwife: ! ;)

:corn: indeed.

I find it all very entertaining!

Miringeltje said:

Oh, then part 2 of 2 has to be the one Materazzi said about that it's something that's said on the field all the time.

I think it was something more serious than a common phrase(even misunderstood) personally.

Not sure I would take the line a compliment Miringeltje :wink: Perhaps in this kind of compl. > "Your head is so cute , can I have in my chest , please " , Now that's a compliment :wink:

Talkin of compls , how do one says something nice in dutch , to a lovely lady like you Mirin :wink:

J_NP said:
Not sure I would take the line a compliment Miringeltje :wink: Perhaps in this kind of compl. > "Your head is so cute , can I have in my chest , please " , Now that's a compliment :wink:

Talkin of compls , how do one says something nice in dutch , to a lovely lady like you Mirin :wink:

If somebody told you that they wanted to take the shirt of your wife, you wouldn't think that's a compliment to your wife.

Not sure if I understand yours correctly.

So google doesn't translate to Dutch?

Well , but it's kind of thing no husband would like to hear , ya know

No , but I was expecting to hear it from you .... c'mon dont be shy :wink:

ntalwar said:
I thought this was interesting:

I suppose the French public, at least, is very forgiving and feel at least a little bit that the headbutt was justified.

Oh, indeed! A poll in Paris-Match has over 60% of the French population forgiving him for his act.
(The British reporter also said the French are known to be forgiving so there you go!)

Vive la France!

By the way, the rumour in the Italian community in Toronto is that when Zidane played for Juventus his wife had an affair with one or more of the players and Materrazzi made a comment alluding to that.

I don't lend much credence to it but I did heard it from two different sources already...

Btw, his wife is :drool:

Miringeltje said:

So that must be: F*ck off!

indeed, you can clearly see that just before the headbutt Materazzi is saying "vaffanc*lo" (italian for "f*ck off"), it's pretty easy to read his lips there... and about what he said before, I'm in awe of those lips-readers because I really couldn't understand a thing :wink:

Miringeltje said:

Uhm, I've read this quite a few times online though:

FIFA announced Tuesday it will open a disciplinary investigation into Zidane's conduct.

Yes, sorry I didn't make that clear.
I just meant the Fifa doesn't invvestigate against Materazzi, but at the moment only against Zidane, because there is clear proof of what he did.

By the way, Heinze's grandfather was German, in the Aussie team only one real Australian plays, and the US team is made of "foreigners" as well :wink:

J_NP said:

Talkin bout , what you say of thisssssssss .......

camsdin.jpg
:wink:

Nao se acanhe tb nos elogios annie

:applaud: :D

I wasn't when you posted it! Very good!!:wink:

Miringeltje said:

OK, now you've done it.
I didn't wanna show this side of me, but you provoked me!!!!

:butthead: ;)

So this is what I get for being nice to women...

:tsk:

However, I got a butthead instead of a headbutt... so, technically, you would be shoving your butt to me or something like that... hmm, maybe that is not that bad. :D

the poor shy put-upon misunderstood and maligned Zidane, a history:

Sep 1993: Marcel Desailly, the Marseilles defender, punches him and the
Bordeaux midfield player retaliates in kind.

Aug 1995: Slaps Thorsten Fink, a Karlsruhe player, in the face.

Oct 1995: Sees red for a tackle from behind on Frédéric Mendy, a Martigues
player.

Sep 1996: At Juventus, sent off against Perugia after two bookings.

Jan 1997: Punches Enrico Chiesa, of Parma.

June 1998: Stamps on Fuad Amin, the Saudi Arabia captain, during World Cup
finals.

Oct 1998: Commits a two-footed challenge on Paolo Sousa, the Inter Milan
player.

Oct 1999: Receives a second yellow card for diving against AS Roma.

Sep 2000: Late challenge on Emerson, the Deportivo La Coruña midfield
player, in Champions League.

Oct 2000: Butts Jochen Kientz, of SV Hamburg, and receives five-match ban.

Feb 2004: First sending-off at Real Madrid for thrusting hand into face of
Pablo Alfaro, the Seville defender.

May 2004: Sent off for second booking after a rash challenge on Djalminha,
the Deportivo midfield player.

April 2005: Tries to punch Quique Álvarez, the Villarreal defender.

July 2006: Butts Marco Materazzi in chest during World Cup final

I definitely think Zidane will probably apologize in his statement.

I also hope Materazzi is either sport enough to apologize to him or a man enough to stop pretending he didn't say "anything that isn't said in a game all the time". If he has the guts to say it in the field...

Last edited:
J_NP said:

What's the fun in that U2SJ :| specially after you either :

- Was called "dirty african pig" or
- Had your sister called "prostitute " 2x or
- Was called "dirty terrorist"

Or something like this worse

I find it VERY entertaining!!!!
its about a player losing his gratness all in once...his glory flew suddenly away with this bully reactions...as for materazzis provocations...well there are no proof yet of what he said actually, were judging about nothing...we have no element to judge materazzi...we have all the elements to judge zidane instead!!! He is mad, actually...
even if the inter fc player would have said those things, those words judges themselves....a really sportive player should have ignored them...but zidane didnt...and reacted in the worst way....i find it very strange that we lose time asking what materzzi said....zidane behaviour is barbarous and untolerable in a world cup!!

Here we go again , for the 1111th time .....

Mat is a :angel: Zidane is a :macdevil:

Though this pic isnt exactly very angelical :

Marco_Materazzi_fauluje_794055.jpg

Ok... I'm not trying to be Zidane's protector but do we have to keep talking about what happened like it was something no one would ever do? Please... I hate to thing that someone like him will be remembered for such a bad thing...

Seriously, I think everyone should agree to stop arguing about the incident. 50 years from now, everyone will just be laughing at all the hilarious parody videos on YouTube.

I think Zidane's interview with Canal Plus is about now or already passed. I hope we hear something soon!

Anyway, I came across this - the new rankings from Fifa :

40 AM

ZURICH, Switzerland (Ticker) -- A poor showing at the World Cup did not help the United States in the FIFA's latest world rankings. The same certainly could not be said for Italy.

While the U.S. tumbled 11 spots to 16th, Italy leaped 11 spots to second on Wednesday, three days after the Azzurri won their fourth World Cup championship with a victory over France in a penalty shootout.

Despite being upset by France in the quarterfinals of the World Cup, Brazil retained the top spot. Semifinalist Argentina jumped six spots to third, while France moved up four positions to fourth and quarterfinalist England improved five spots to fifth.

The Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Germany and the Czech Republic complete the top 10. The host Germans moved up 10 spots after their semifinal run, while the Czechs, who crashed out in the group stages of the World Cup, fell eight spots to 10th.

Canada made a big move, going up 29 spots to sit at 54th.

The U.S. had been ranked fifth before the World Cup - a position that even the most optimistic American fan did not believe was justified, given that the team usually beat weak CONCACAF opponents.

The formula to determine the world rankings significantly was altered, taking into account just matches from the last four years - down from eight - and placing a greater influence on the importance of the match and the strength of the opposition.

After coming in last in the rugged Group E also featuring Italy, the Czechs and Ghana in the World Cup, the U.S. dropped out of the top 10, as did Mexico, which tumbled 14 spots to 18th despite reaching the second round of the tournament.

Asian squads Japan, Korea and Iran Korea all saw significant drops in their rankings after failing to advance out of the group stage of the World Cup. Japan tumbled 31 spots to 49th, Korea dropped 27 positions to 56th and Iran slipped 24 spots to 62nd

The new formula works in Canada's favour! :hyper:
We're even ahead of Korea and Iran, woohoo!

Hi, Zidane's interview with Canal + is now over. I've just watched it and I'd like to report a few things he said.

About the Materazzi episode:
Zidane first asked him to stop pulling his T-Shirt and added, joking, that if he wanted, he could give it to him at the end of the match. (hence Zidane's smile at the beginning)
Just after that Zidane walked away but he heard Materazzi insulting his mom and his sister, and he repeated the insults.

As expected, Zidane refused to say the exact words but we can all assume them I guess. He insisted on the fact that the insults were very serious, very hard.

Zidane said that the culprit has to be punished, and according to him, the culprit is the one who provokes.

He then insisted on the fact that his gesture can't be forgiven but he said that he doesn't regret his gesture because to him, regretting it would mean that Materazzi's insults were right.

Finally, Zidane apologized towards the audience and especially the children. He said that he couldn't have acted that way 10 minutes before the end of his career for no reason.

Zidane appeared very calm, kinda moved and so simple.

:heart: Zidane :heart:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom