The OFFICIAL Interference POST-World Cup Thread (PART 8) - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2006, 12:25 PM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achtung Joshua!
The fact that Shitdane got sent off did not change the outcome of the game. The French still pressed forward and like all other teams could not score. Shitdane would've taken a penalty kick at the end and he would've scored. Trezeguet still would've taken his kick and missed leading to an Italian win so what's the big deal. A bigger pisser is giving Shitdane the Golden Ball award but we all know what he can do with it

Old 07-11-2006, 12:59 PM   #32
Refugee

I wonder if we'll ever know the whole truth about the incident, but if some of the rumours are true, I think Zidane showed remarkable restraint. He is without any doubt one of the all time greats, & should be remembered for his brilliance.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:25 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achtung Joshua!
The fact that Shitdane got sent off did not change the outcome of the game. The French still pressed forward and like all other teams could not score. Shitdane would've taken a penalty kick at the end and he would've scored. Trezeguet still would've taken his kick and missed leading to an Italian win so what's the big deal. A bigger pisser is giving Shitdane the Golden Ball award but we all know what he can do with it

You mean ZIDANE right? I got some problems reading the name you wrote.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:25 PM
I think the Italians were an embarrassing team from start to finish.

After a lackluster group stage in which they had a hard time beating the US for Christ sakes, they went on to beat Australia with a penalty at the 93 mind. What the hell is that?

They were lucky enough to be paired against Ukraine while the other teams fended off against real teams.

Then this whole Materazzi incident that shows absolutely no class and a man who will stoop at any level to get what he wants. I can think of so many better teams than Italy and it's a shame they are champions. This WC will always have a sour taste in my month because football didn't win it for them, it was their luck and their no-shame-in-stooping-low to psyche out their rivals.

Pathetic and disgusting. Worst champions ever.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:34 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC

Ah, perfetto. Quindi, possiamo parlare un po in italiano perche miei antenati sono adesso italiani (e anche io ho il passaporto italiano).
Ciaaaaaaao!! Festa x tutti!!
Ma potete evitare di dire forza italia? e il nome del partito di Berlusconi...
Old 07-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
I think the Italians were an embarrassing team from start to finish.

After a lackluster group stage in which they had a hard time beating the US for Christ sakes, they went on to beat Australia with a penalty at the 93 mind. What the hell is that?

They were lucky enough to be paired against Ukraine while the other teams fended off against real teams.

Then this whole Materazzi incident that shows absolutely no class and a man who will stoop at any level to get what he wants. I can think of so many better teams than Italy and it's a shame they are champions. This WC will always have a sour taste in my month because football didn't win it for them, it was their luck and their no-shame-in-stooping-low to psyche out their rivals.

Pathetic and disgusting. Worst champions ever.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:43 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by bedouin fire

THAT IS A FACT.

Add to that that the accusations of fights don't make any sense. While we had players sent off due to a second yellow card, we didn't have anyone snet off with a direct red card due to violent behaviours. England, France and Italy can't say the same, as we all remember the violence of the acts of rooney, zidane and de rossi.

But these are facts, and i don't think anyone here is interested in facts. Everybody is more interested in creating myths and legends (...ohh children run away, here comes the portuguese team, they're evil and cheaters...) ... well, i believe it's the cost of challanging the order of the supposed big teams of the world as we did so well, and the same will happen when we'll beat england again for the 5th time in a row in major competitions, but that is really nothing compared to the achieved result.
Perfect
Old 07-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:55 PM
The actions of both Materazzi and Zidane were wrong. They were both at fault.

Actually, Zidane's response to a racial slur is almost more sad. It's a poor message for a grown adult male to be sending to impressionable young fans on how to respond to ignorant small-minded insults.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #39
New Yorker

This story is away from ending , actually is begginin Part II , set for Euro qualfs. :

Old 07-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #40
you are what you is

Quote:
Originally posted by bedouin fire

THAT IS A FACT.

Add to that that the accusations of fights don't make any sense. While we had players sent off due to a second yellow card, we didn't have anyone snet off with a direct red card due to violent behaviours.
I don't think anyone has accused Portugal of violent behaviour

really though, you can't tell me it adds something to football to look at diving players who seem more worried about provoking than about scoring goals?

the thing is
Portugal does have a quality side that can play some wonderful football
I even do think it was fair enough Portugal beat The Netherlands
but the way half the team played didn't do Portugal any favours
Old 07-11-2006, 06:04 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Shame zidane is quitting , would of loved to see him in the prem.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:08 PM   #42
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by lady luck

quoto.
dai, tanto ci siamo abituati... ormai le accuse di esser mafiosi e imbroglioni sono all'ordine del giorno...
e comunque la gioia di esser campioni del mondo non ce la toglie nessuno... che dicano quello che je pare

oh and that Gallas guy... he made some cleaver statements today: "all italians are cheaters, they always cheat when they know they can't win".
I bow in front of your good sportsmanship mr Gallas... bravo!
and his friend Thuram made similar statements just a few hours ago... the only difference is that Gallas even threatened to hit Materazzi... should we turn the soccer field into a wrestling ring?
Old 07-11-2006, 06:31 PM   #43
New Yorker

Poiché stiamo parlando l'italiano, posso chiedere , avere notizie circa futuro del calcio

e che sara il campioni di 05/06
Old 07-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #44
War Child

il futuro del calcio in Italia? that's a though question
some people are asking for AMNISTIA but I would hate if it ended like this. just because we won the cup it doesn't mean that everything's alright... I mean, I'll be sad to see almost all players of the national team leave... and I'll be sad for the fans, too... but someone's got to pay
la Juventus dovrebbe andare in serie C1, Milan - Lazio - Fiorentina in serie B, e tutte avrebbero dei punti di penalizzazione
(hope you understood - I don't know how well you can speak Italian )

oh about the players:
il Real Madrid vuole Cannavaro e Zambrotta, il Chelsea vuole Cannavaro, il Manchester United vuole Pirlo e Gattuso, il Milan (se non andrà in serie B) vuole Buffon, l'Inter vuole Toni... e tutti vogliono Lippi
Old 07-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #45
New Yorker

Yeah yeah I got most of all , specially coz I had a little of insight on that , except this word avrebbero , is something like "will have" right ......