The OFFICIAL Interference POST-World Cup Thread (PART 8) - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2006, 09:16 PM   #226
Refugee

Local Time: 01:19 PM
If you look at most of the players at AC Milan or Juventus that would be likely to leave- i.e. their big starts, bar a few of them, the vast majority are around 30 and above. I reckon quite a few of them will not have too many offers on the table - in fact, the players are probably in a weak bargaining position - either say in Serie B for 2 years - if your at juventus - or accept the offer we are giving you. Based on Juve -v- Arsenal last year, most of the players are not as good as the hype surrounding them.

Old 07-16-2006, 02:49 AM   #227
Refugee

Local Time: 12:19 PM
If international teams were premier clubs would England be Man. City, good in the '60's, since then forever gobbing off about how big they are, but won FUCK ALL!

Old 07-16-2006, 11:25 AM   #228
Refugee

Local Time: 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm
If international teams were premier clubs would England be Man. City, good in the '60's, since then forever gobbing off about how big they are, but won FUCK ALL!
Hey jimmmmm, remember who said :

"He who laughs last..... Roll on July 9th, there's gonna be an awful lot of humble pie ate that night, when Beckham holds aloft the World Cup, football really is coming HOME!!!"

that must have been a helluva helping of pie, steak and kiney ? mincemeat ? straight ol pork ?

Old 07-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #229
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:19 PM
My top five Man United players:

5. Blanc
4. Djemba-Djemba
3. Miller
2. Kleberson
1. Taibi

LEG ENDS!
Old 07-16-2006, 02:52 PM   #230
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by toscano

Hey jimmmmm, remember who said :

"He who laughs last..... Roll on July 9th, there's gonna be an awful lot of humble pie ate that night, when Beckham holds aloft the World Cup, football really is coming HOME!!!"

that must have been a helluva helping of pie, steak and kiney ? mincemeat ? straight ol pork ?

Yep, I ate all the pies that night, well & truly. You'd think after all these years I'd know better than to put so much faith in them, but hey thats what football's all about isn't it?
Old 07-16-2006, 07:00 PM   #231
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
My top five Man United players:

5. Blanc
4. Djemba-Djemba
3. Miller
2. Kleberson
1. Taibi

LEG ENDS!
all world class players there

flop idols.

Taibi is the best keeper to grace the prem lol
Old 07-16-2006, 07:20 PM   #232
New Yorker

Shouldn't this go to a footy thread or Prem League Thread , coz I ain't seein nothin related with the WC here
Old 07-16-2006, 09:06 PM   #233
Refugee

Quote:

Yep, I ate all the pies that night, well & truly. You'd think after all these years I'd know better than to put so much faith in them, but hey thats what football's all about isn't it?
Old 07-16-2006, 09:07 PM   #234
Refugee

Quote:

yeah, I went in with a "semi-finals would be a good thing" approach, turned out better than I thought
Old 07-17-2006, 07:13 AM   #235
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02
all world class players there
Blanc won the world cup, the eurocup and played in Barcelona
Old 07-17-2006, 08:47 PM   #236
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by guill

Blanc won the world cup, the eurocup and played in Barcelona
he didnt fair to well at utd.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:04 AM   #237
War Child

but he was a world class player. You can fail in a club but remains a world class player (Viera failed in Milan, Henry in Juve, Eto'o in Madrid, etc.)
Old 07-19-2006, 11:29 PM   #238
Refugee

Old 07-20-2006, 11:59 PM   #239
An Interferer

Local Time: 04:19 AM
Zidane/Materazzi disciplinary proceedings: suspensions, fines, community service and regret

Zurich, 20 July 2006 - Suspensions and fines were the sanctions pronounced by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee at its meeting today (Thursday, 20 July 2006) as part of the disciplinary proceedings opened against Zinedine Zidane (France) and Marco Materazzi (Italy) after their clash during the 2006 FIFA World Cup™ final in Berlin on 9 July. Zinedine Zidane has also agreed to do community service work with children and youngsters.
Meeting under the chairmanship of Marcel Mathier (Switzerland), the five-man FIFA Disciplinary Committee imposed a three-match ban and a fine of CHF 7,500 on Zinedine Zidane on account of his head-butt to Materazzi's chest. As Zidane has now retired from international football, the committee took note of Zidane's pledge to do three days of community service work with children and youngsters as part of FIFA's humanitarian activities. Materazzi was suspended for two official matches of the Italian national team and fined the sum of CHF 5,000 for repeatedly provoking Zidane.

FIFA gave both players the right to be heard in accordance with the FIFA Disciplinary Code. The hearing with Marco Materazzi was held at FIFA headquarters on 14 July, with Zinedine Zidane questioned during today's meeting. In their statements, both players stressed that Materazzi's comments had been defamatory but not of a racist nature. During the course of their hearings, both players also apologised to FIFA for their inappropriate behaviour and expressed their regret at the incident.

Referee Horacio Elizondo (Argentina) sent Zidane off in the 110th minute of the World Cup final after his clash with Materazzi. The incident had been directly observed from his position at the pitchside without the use of a monitor by the fourth official, Luis Medina Cantalejo (ESP), who informed the referee and his assistants through the communications system. Both match officials were also invited to attend the meeting. According to the regulations, the fourth official must inform the referee if any acts of violent conduct are committed out of sight of the referee and his assistants.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:04 PM   #240
Refugee

Selfish Zidane has fooled Fifa

Arrogant French legend has sullied his own legacy

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comme...825400,00.html