The Official Interference Hall of Fame - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-23-2006, 11:04 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tpsreports2424
Can't we do a poster for the people who get in the hof?




__________________

__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 10-23-2006, 11:05 PM   #77
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
 
Carek1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: wishing I was somewhere else....
Posts: 114,480
Local Time: 10:28 PM
__________________

__________________
Carek1230 is offline  
Old 10-23-2006, 11:09 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
tpsreports2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Let's hug it out, bitch.
Posts: 4,351
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002






Hall of fame

__________________
tpsreports2424 is offline  
Old 10-23-2006, 11:10 PM   #79
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tpsreports2424


Hall of fame

Ohhh, Hall Of Fame
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 10-23-2006, 11:15 PM   #80
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tpsreports2424
Can we give the person like a poster?

Like what we have for the people who reach blue crack, they get their names put on the blue crack poster..
You're so precious.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 10-23-2006, 11:15 PM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,292
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Big Grin

We are all quick to jump on this whole "Hall of Fame" thing, but in reality, I think if you want to do a True Hall of Fame, you have to make some paramaters for WHY individuals get into this so-called "Hall."

Right now, all we have is one of those much hated "Popularity contests." So many popularity contests have been shut down by Mods (often led by the current inductee HOF, Sicy).

Examples: Rock and roll - I think you have to have a 20-year career or something; Most sports halls you have to be retired from the sport. Hall of Fames are truly about "Lifetime Achievements" - and Interference.com's "lifetime" is far from over.

So, how about a comittee of members that could review and set "standards" (number of posts, years as a member, number of interferencer's met, community involvement, etc. etc.) for the Hall.

???????????????????????
__________________
zoney! is offline  
Old 10-23-2006, 11:32 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
tpsreports2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Let's hug it out, bitch.
Posts: 4,351
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Okay but only one thing..

Can I be the chairman of the committee?
__________________
tpsreports2424 is offline  
Old 10-23-2006, 11:33 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
tpsreports2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Let's hug it out, bitch.
Posts: 4,351
Local Time: 12:28 AM
I could hold the committee chat rooms and emails?
__________________
tpsreports2424 is offline  
Old 10-23-2006, 11:40 PM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,292
Local Time: 12:28 AM
TPSReports old buddy.....

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but can one truly be a chairman of a board to elect people to a Hall of Fame for a community that has been around more than seven years and thousands of memebers when you have been around for four months?

What could you tell me about potential these potential HOF inductees: Screaming Flower, Kieran McConville, Achtung Bubba, Calluna, Gickies Gazee, Melon, Zooropamanda, STING, Michael Griffiths, Lily, Basstrap, NBCCrusader, Dreadsox, Bonosgirl84, Notiti, U2Kitten, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.????????????
__________________
zoney! is offline  
Old 10-23-2006, 11:41 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
tpsreports2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Let's hug it out, bitch.
Posts: 4,351
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Good point

__________________
tpsreports2424 is offline  
Old 10-23-2006, 11:55 PM   #86
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
What could you tell me about potential these potential HOF inductees: Screaming Flower, Kieran McConville, Achtung Bubba, Calluna, Gickies Gazee, Melon, Zooropamanda, STING, Michael Griffiths, Lily, Basstrap, NBCCrusader, Dreadsox, Bonosgirl84, Notiti, U2Kitten, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.????????????
You forgot caisenma. Or is he really STING2?.. I mean Keiran?
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 10-24-2006, 12:07 AM   #87
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
We are all quick to jump on this whole "Hall of Fame" thing, but in reality, I think if you want to do a True Hall of Fame, you have to make some paramaters for WHY individuals get into this so-called "Hall."

Right now, all we have is one of those much hated "Popularity contests." So many popularity contests have been shut down by Mods (often led by the current inductee HOF, Sicy).

Examples: Rock and roll - I think you have to have a 20-year career or something; Most sports halls you have to be retired from the sport. Hall of Fames are truly about "Lifetime Achievements" - and Interference.com's "lifetime" is far from over.

So, how about a comittee of members that could review and set "standards" (number of posts, years as a member, number of interferencer's met, community involvement, etc. etc.) for the Hall.

???????????????????????


I'm shocked we haven't had a Prom King/Queen thread by now... Or have we and I just didn't care enough to pay attention?
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 10-24-2006, 12:09 AM   #88
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,332
Local Time: 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
Zooropamanda
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-24-2006, 12:12 AM   #89
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i nominate larrymullen's rail skank #69














__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 10-24-2006, 12:39 AM   #90
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
TPSReports old buddy.....

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but can one truly be a chairman of a board to elect people to a Hall of Fame for a community that has been around more than seven years and thousands of memebers when you have been around for four months?

What could you tell me about potential these potential HOF inductees: Screaming Flower, Kieran McConville, Achtung Bubba, Calluna, Gickies Gazee, Melon, Zooropamanda, STING, Michael Griffiths, Lily, Basstrap, NBCCrusader, Dreadsox, Bonosgirl84, Notiti, U2Kitten, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.????????????
Tru dat.
__________________

__________________
Sicy is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com