The Official Interference Hall of Fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not anymore disturbing than you being chizip. or chizip being you. someone told me that, but i cannot remember who :hmm:

zoney! said:
TPSReports old buddy.....

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but can one truly be a chairman of a board to elect people to a Hall of Fame for a community that has been around more than seven years and thousands of memebers when you have been around for four months?

What could you tell me about potential these potential HOF inductees: Screaming Flower, Kieran McConville, Achtung Bubba, Calluna, Gickies Gazee, Melon, Zooropamanda, STING, Michael Griffiths, Lily, Basstrap, NBCCrusader, Dreadsox, Bonosgirl84, Notiti, U2Kitten, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.????????????

:drool:

i guess you're right, especially because he's uploading pictures and stuff.

zoney! said:
We are all quick to jump on this whole "Hall of Fame" thing, but in reality, I think if you want to do a True Hall of Fame, you have to make some paramaters for WHY individuals get into this so-called "Hall."

Right now, all we have is one of those much hated "Popularity contests." So many popularity contests have been shut down by Mods (often led by the current inductee HOF, Sicy).

Examples: Rock and roll - I think you have to have a 20-year career or something; Most sports halls you have to be retired from the sport. Hall of Fames are truly about "Lifetime Achievements" - and Interference.com's "lifetime" is far from over.

So, how about a comittee of members that could review and set "standards" (number of posts, years as a member, number of interferencer's met, community involvement, etc. etc.) for the Hall.

???????????????????????

I agree completely. Something like 5 years of "Service to the Blue Crack" is something we could start with. The commitee would decide on those guidelines.

We should start by electing the commitee, and I think that commitee needs something similar to join, like 5 years around here.

What parts of the committee should we vote people in?

I was also thinking of this...

For the people that are in the committe can say above their avatars "(part of the commitee) committe"

Example, phillyfan has "refugee" and Sicy has "Blue Crack Dealer"

PlaTheGreat said:
tpsreports, you've been here like five days. :mad:
grumpylaugh.gif

icon_petting.gif

zoney! said:
We are all quick to jump on this whole "Hall of Fame" thing, but in reality, I think if you want to do a True Hall of Fame, you have to make some paramaters for WHY individuals get into this so-called "Hall."

Right now, all we have is one of those much hated "Popularity contests." So many popularity contests have been shut down by Mods (often led by the current inductee HOF, Sicy).

seriously, get out of my head. I was thinking this as I was reading this thread. :lol:

I need to give this matter some serious thought. :shifty:

Who will be the Ron Santo of the group????

zoney! said:

What could you tell me about potential these potential HOF inductees: Screaming Flower, Kieran McConville, Achtung Bubba, Calluna, Gickies Gazee, Melon, Zooropamanda, STING, Michael Griffiths, Lily, Basstrap, NBCCrusader, Dreadsox, Bonosgirl84, Notiti, U2Kitten, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.????????????

Wow, where have some of these people gone to? Michigan finally beats Notre Dame BADLY and I cant say anything to Screaming Flower about it because she isnt here!! :rant: :laugh:

Whatever happened to U2LA? I havent seen him here in several years. If he was still around he should get a nomination. Maybe we should have a "missing in action" HOF category also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom