The official Interference allergies thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Spring is coming. That means that the most beautiful days outside are spent with pounding headaches, runny noses and burning eyes. Mine have officially started today, and are naturally driving me crazy. As plants begin to bloom it'll only get worse. I guess I should start up some Claritin again. :sigh:

:up: Zyrtec the instant I get out of bed in the morning...otherwise I am a sniffling mess. If it ever stops snowing, the pollen will bother me for awhile, but nothing like before I went on the allergy drugs.

Zyrtec is the devil. It knocked me out for a week even after I stopped taking it. I only took it for 2 or 3 days. I could barely keep my eyes open :yawn:

I just had to give my son a nebulizer treatment.

I have heard that there is an herbal remedy, for adults. Nettle Leaf Capsules "supposedly" work for some people temporarily.

Allergies, I wish. Our landscape is still covered in two feet of snow. My parent's street STILL has not been plowed (the worst storm was 2 weeks ago now).

Fortunately, I'm not really allergic to anything. When our 70ft pine tree pollinates and coveres everything with yellow powder, you get sick. It's beyond an allergy...

If you are able to, cut the stamens off any bunches of flowers and this will help with the pollen (if you can do it outdoors or get someone else to do it).

Watched an interesting programme on parasites the other night which shows there is a correlation between lack of intestinal worms and the rise in allergy/hayfever sufferers. Who know's, in the future you may have to drink a "worming" paste to get worms rather than remove them from your system to stop the immune system from going into hyperdrive.

I have been getting allergy shots now for amost a year and they have been helping me. I'm had allergies to dust, mites, mold and all kinds of pollen. Once the weather gets warmer look out "Allegra".

I hate Claritin for allergies (although Claritin-D is my favorite when it comes to congestion). Allegra is where it's at...and it's non-prescription in Canada. :hyper:

Melon

arw9797 said:
Zyrtec is the devil. It knocked me out for a week even after I stopped taking it. I only took it for 2 or 3 days. I could barely keep my eyes open :yawn:

Zyrtec is a fantastic allergy drug - it's harder to get here than narcotics. My husband has been on it for the last few years and I've never seen anyone as bad as him with allergies, he's still getting weekly shots at the doctors because he's allergic to EVERYTHING. Between his allergies and my sinus problems, we go through kleenex like crazy. I"m also allergic to augmentin.

But my main point is - you're supposed to take Zyrtec at bedtime because sleepiness is a common side effect. It'll stay in your system and keep you covered.

Back
Top Bottom