The official "I ASKED/GOT FOR XMAS" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I asked:

ONLY a memory card for my digital camera, a 512mb one...

that besides my U2 concert ticket that's not on sale yet..

I got:

512mb Memory card
$20.000 pesos = 2/3 of GA for U2 (supposedly) = 40 dollars kinda
Live 8 t-shirt
Live 8 DVD
DVD/VCR player

those last 3 were a package or something... great, hey? :happy:

very cool:up:

I don't recall asking for anything specfic...just when my mom said "give me an idea or I will choke you" I said black fleece jacket:lmao: haven't opened gifts yet.......stand by:wink:

I asked for U2 tickets for Melbourne...

and got them! Damn, was I excited.

I also got a new mobile phone (mine was stolen), a $50 gift voucher for JB HiFi - Chicage DVD here I come.

You all did alright! Good for you! I got my iPod, altho it was a wee bit early before Christmas. I didn't really want anything else but making poverty history, peace on earth and for everyone to be happy! :wink:

My son said he had something really cool for me but he was supposed to be here at noon. Hmmm.....2 hours late already. I think I will go for a walk and enjoy the day filled with sunshine. Maybe he will be here when I get back.

Well, my folks gave me $50 and a nice card...

I used the $50 to pay for the U2 ticket for Portland, so I guess they bought me my U2 ticket..

Go parents...you rock.....

:up: That's awesome, your folks rock! My mom sent me $175 and I am gonna save $100 of it into my Hawwaii or Bust fund......the rest I already spent on a new duvet cover which I wish would arrive in the mail cuz I NEED IT DESPERATELY!

You should! It's gonna be so cool. I don't care for stadiums tho, but I'll do this cuz it's with friends and for the music and who knows when the boys will tour again! I believe you only live once so go for it. So I am working OT, and there is the tax refund also....sharing expenses with friends for a few days, I can do this!

I asked for:

The limited edition Chicago DVD.

I got:

The regular edition Chicago DVD.

I assured my boyfriend it was fine, but he said we're going to take it back and get the other one.

got what i asked for. plus stuff i didn't ask for: the digital camera i took this pic with and a dvd/vcr player.

000_0052.jpg

hehehe. she actually got me a furby. :giggle:

I didn't ask for much, cuz there really isn't much I want (that is affordable). Unless Nate Berkus wants to come to my house and render his services for free :laugh: I'd like hardwood floors and my house to be decorated. Such is life.

I did ask for (and got) the Jon Stewart 365 days desk calendar :up: And I bought this Lucky Jeans shirt that I saw, tried on, loved, and I wrapped it and put it under the tree for myself from 'Santa'. Not that anyone in this house believes in Santa :lmao:

I asked for and got a visit from my son who I don't see often. It was a WONDERFUL visit. He serenaded me on guitar while I got dinner ready:
IMG_1305.jpg

He showed off his cool new Toyota Scion (it smells sooooo good):
IMG_1285.jpg

and the DOUBLE sun roof!

IMG_1286.jpg

He loved the gifts especially the digital camera:
IMG_1296.jpg

He then did laundry (of course!) and left a big bag of linens and towels for ME to do! :ohmy:

IMG_1301.jpg

We laughed at my tiny little tree:

IMG_1299.jpg

The dog was excited to see Nick:

IMG_1290.jpg

Then as quickly as he arrived he had to get back home, to play poker with his college buddies. :sad:

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

sounds like a great Christmas Carek! and if you don't mind me saying; you're son is really good looking.

Happy Christmas to everyone else as well. glad to see it was a good one for most.

I asked for a Mp3 player (512mb one)

I got:
Mp3 player (512mb)
Mp3 player (128mb)
A nice leather jacket (best present this year, not usually my sort of thing but I love this one)
£80
Another £20 from other family
And loads of shower stuff, shaving stuff, chocolate and other bits and bobs.

Best Christmas Ive had for a long time, everyone seemed much more together than previous Christmas's and everyone seemed to enjoy it and have a laugh.
I was losing hope of a decent Christmas and was dreading it, as it turned out it couldn't have gone any better. :)

The only downside is that I put on two pounds and have to burn that off now. :(

Last edited:
Carek that is so sweet with what your son did! Im happy that your day turned out well :hug: Im working on my guy with Hawaii but that's a long shot,lol

What I asked for:

MP3 player or I-Pod,dvd's,Tae Bo Boot Camp,new digital camera,new toothbrush and colgate total (I was serious,hehe),Bono book

What I got:

A very beautiful green sweater
Pretty white blouse
Really cute Cato (one of my favorite clothes store) t-shirt
Foot exfoliating scrub/lotion therapy/nail brush
Bag of sachet that sits on a very pretty small pink pillow
New hair dryer
"Friends" complete tenth season on dvd (bf got this for me)
$20 gift card from Old Navy (woohoo! lol)
Toothbrush/Colgate Total and a bottle of my favorite shampoo (stocking stuffers)
And my best friend Aric treated me to the movies (King Kong) and even sprung for popcorn and soda,lol

Im still waiting on my gift from my oldest brother to arrive. My siblings drew names from a hat and he got me. Curious to see what I got from him,lol

I asked for:

-U2 Chicago DVD
-Love Actually DVD
-new headphones
-gift cards
-socks

I got:

From Mom/Dad: gift cards for Target and a movie theater, the two DVDs, a cooking bowl (cus I always steal my mom's nice one), socks

From cousin Grace (Grace and I always get each other something): a nice camping sleeping pad

From Phil: new headphones, mountain dew, a new A/V cable for my VCR (mine is kinked and sometimes doesn't work which pisses Phil off when he's watching sports), and an engagement ring :D

From Phil's Mom/Dad: the mittens and scarf that match a hat I bought last month

From Grandma V: three necklaces (well, she gave me $25 and I picked out necklaces)

From Grandma W: a sweater (she gave me $$ and I picked out the sweater)

Back
Top Bottom