The official "I ASKED/GOT FOR XMAS" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I asked for:

-U2 Chicago DVD
-Love Actually DVD
-new headphones
-gift cards
-socks

I got:

From Phil: an engagement ring :D

WOW - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
13_1_16.gif

11_1_111.gif

11_1_110.gif

BonosBaby12 said:
Congrats LivLuv! :hug: That's a very pretty ring :). How did your guy go about proposing?

Well, he wanted to take me up to a cottage at Big Star Lake, which is where I go every summer and pretty much my favorite place, but the one cottage isn't winterized yet and the other is used all winter by the owners for hunting and fishing. So instead he printed these pictures of different things we've done together and each time he gave me a smaller Christmas present I got a picture and then at the end, I got some framed big pictures of Big Star Lake and the ring. Cute!

He said he'd thought about doing it at a U2 concert, but the last one we were at together was Cleveland and the only tickets we could get were really crappy seats, so it wasn't the right atmosphere (a proposal down on the floor would've been what he was going for I think).

I didn't ask for anything but my sister bought me a limited edition lithograph made by Edge; and she had it beautifully framed for me! She rocks!! :applaud: :dancing:

Asked for: Nothing

Got:

Star Wars: Rise of Lord Vader (my 11-year old son bought this with his own money - seeing his big heart was the real gift).

Video iPod (60gb).

Asked: Nothing really.

Got: 5 $10 Wal-Mart Gift Cards from my local Church
$25 Target Gift card
Animaniacs Sing-Along Vhs
Three Muppet DVD's (Muppet Movie, Christmas Carol and Muppet Caper)
Slane DVD
Bono in Conversation
Guinness Book of World Records 2006
Two shirts, Two dresses, a sweater jacket, two scarves, gloves, hat, two handbags, a perfume gift set from Wal-Mart, a necklace.

OMG I got the Vertigo tour necklace! I LOVE IT!!!

I also didn't ask for, but I got an external Harddrive with U2 bootlegs spanning their career, beginning with contract demos 1978. I'm still in shock over this! Now to learn to burn copies and how to add to the collection! :ohmy:

Carek1230 said:
OMG I got the Vertigo tour necklace! I LOVE IT!!!

I also didn't ask for, but I got an external Harddrive with U2 bootlegs spanning their career, beginning with contract demos 1978. I'm still in shock over this! Now to learn to burn copies and how to add to the collection! :ohmy:

Cool! I bought the necklace at the show - I splurged. My "tour souvenir". And burning copies is pretty simple, even I can do it :wink: Do you have Nero Express? (that's the software I have on my computer)

and Weldy - you made out like a bandit :up:

Well the birthday came and went. I didn't get a burner, but I can always get one later in the year.....I WAS blessed with the Pimm book U2, an iTrip, a 4 port Hub for my computer, a headset & microphone for my computer, I was taken to dinner and to lunch, mom sent me a money tree (verrrrrry funny!) and my most favorite was the number of cards and well wishes I received. I am so lucky to have so many friends!

Back
Top Bottom