The official get things off your chest thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity

Refugee
Arite if there are things that you can't stand about society today, this is the place to get them off your chest. Let me start.

I can't stand the fact that so many Americans (especially teens) don't really have a clue about the war in Iraq or the war in Afghanistan, and they make decisions from the very little info they know. I can't stand it that some stupid kids support the war because they think it is cool to do so. They have no idea of the reasons for war or the reasons why the war is wrong.

:mad: :yell: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

i feel a little better :wink:

I can't stand the fact that when going out dancing, many guys feel that it is perfectly ok to grind theemselves into you. :|

Yeah because I really want a complete stranger's penis rubbing on me. :mad:

Infinitum98 said:
Arite if there are things that you can't stand about society today, this is the place to get them off your chest. Let me start.

I can't stand the fact that so many Americans (especially teens) don't really have a clue about the war in Iraq or the war in Afghanistan, and they make decisions from the very little info they know. I can't stand it that some stupid kids support the war because they think it is cool to do so. They have no idea of the reasons for war or the reasons why the war is wrong.

:mad: :yell: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

i feel a little better :wink:

Not all us american teens are out of the loop you know.....:eyebrow:

I hate it when i'm watching a new episode of a show, and then someone important calls and i have to miss part of the show.

Dulce de Leche said:
I can't stand the fact that when going out dancing, many guys feel that it is perfectly ok to grind theemselves into you. :|

:lmao:
I used to do that when I was younger and didn't know better. :reject:

Okay, something I can't stand is people who portray themselves to be rock music connoisseurs but it's pretty evident they're just doing it for the image and really don't know the first thing about it. I know a few of those types. :mad:

I can't stand double standards concerning anyone at anytime. I have a girlfriend who is pissing me off due to this problem. Why?!?!?!?!?

I can't stand stupid people who act like someone else is stupid, because they're too stupid to understand their opinion or thoughts on a subject. God, I want to smack a few of those people RIGHT NOW!

Barely getting paid for hard work.

Being told that it's not okay to question the president while being reminded that we live in the freeist country in the world...and then realizing that while it may be true...we aren't very free at all.

Women. That's it. Nothing else. Just women in general. ;)

Oh, and don't forget about 'The Man'. Who can stand the man? Nobody...even the man can't stand the man's rules. Fuck the man!

Danospano said:

Barely getting paid for hard work.

Yes!!! :mad:
I'm working my ass off for a small company, getting wayyy underpaid for my grad degree and not really being recognized all that well by the moody borderline psychotic boss! :sigh:

I hate that I cant sleep in on the weekends because some fucknut is hammering his fence every day at 8:00am :madspit:

the misuse of the open door button with the handicapped sign on it.

on my office floor, the mens washroom door opens up to an area only feet away from several cubicles. there are 2 stalls and a urinal only a few feet further away behind the door.

several of my colleagues feel the need to use the handicapped button (though they are able bodied) rather than hold the door open. as silly as this sounds, what is particularly grating about the situation is that when this button is pressed, the door hangs open for maybe 15 seconds or so. it can, at times, be a particularly unsettling 15 seconds.

luckily my office isn't one of those close to the mens washroom.

I hate when something goes wrong, and you try to call for help and the people theere say 'there's nothing wrong on our end' and you are left in the dark. You don't know who to believe (usually not them). I hate calling companies with automated systems where you have to go thru a series of hoops (pushing numerous buttons) to get to a human being. I hate getting up early and I hate that my gardners changed their day and now start mowing & blowing at 8:00am (I don't wake up for at least another hour or two) :madspit:

I hate stupidity and people with the lack of common sense or decency. And people selling U2 tickets for 2-5x the face value making it difficult for me to go this fall :madspit:

Ok, breakfast time :wink:

ooh lila that's a good one the voicemail systems that trap you and you never end up with an answer :rant:

I'd like to add cell phones in public. There are good reasons to use our cell phones but I'm sick of how rude it is making the world. people on their phones ignore the people around them. Ordering in stores without even making eye contact or addressing the person helping them.

I've nearly been run off the road twice now by people on their damn phones! :mad:

WTF! A few years ago we managed to live without a phone glued to our ear. It can be done!

Re: Re: The official get things off your chest thread.

U2democrat said:

Not all us american teens are out of the loop you know.....:eyebrow:

ohh i know, i have first hand experience. i'm 17 year old american, haha. i'm glad that there are people like you and me around. intelligent teenagers are on the endangered species list. :wink:

Dulce de Leche said:

oohh that was you?...sorry bout that

:wink:

kobayashi said:
several of my colleagues feel the need to use the handicapped button (though they are able bodied) rather than hold the door open. as silly as this sounds, what is particularly grating about the situation is that when this button is pressed, the door hangs open for maybe 15 seconds or so. it can, at times, be a particularly unsettling 15 seconds.

Attach the world-ending sound of a time-sensitive alarm for that "barrier-free" door, and you've sold my displeasure with life.

I agree with LMPA as well. Eyelashes in lenses can be the ruiner of a day.

I can't stand really rude and assumptive people who think they know it all and refuse to listen to reason.

I also can't stand people who brag about themselves to over-compensate.

I can't stand pretentious hipsters who really aren't that clever or funny anyway, but like to throw around their second chance at high school popularity.

I hate the term"wife-beater" and don't understand how women can use that term lightly. It's a TERRIBLE slang term for a shirt. Terrible and depressing.

I hate it when people who are religious think they are better than those of us who are not. (Like me.)

I hate it when I'm walking thru a street fair and the massage people start touching my shoulders without my permission. :yikes:

I hate the people down my hall who have turned my apartment building into a dorm, simply because they have rich parents who co-signed their lease.

People who speak for "the community" when, of course, they are doing no such thing. :madspit:

I cannot stand inconsiderate people out driving or walking around. Usually their inconsideration stems a lack of a clue.

And here at interference, I think you should be banned if you start a thread touting your post count. There is nothing more lame. Are you really in need of attention or is it that you really do value how many posts you have made on an Internet message board because you life is that insignificant?

00Kevin said:
I hate it when i'm watching a new episode of a show, and then someone important calls and i have to miss part of the show.
yes! and when they say "is this a good time?" and you say "not really, can i call you back in 15 minutes? i'm watching something." they say "okay, i'll make it quick..." i just said it wasn't a good time! if it was a commercial i would've said "okay but make it quick" but they always always ALWAYS have a knack of calling during the show.

this is a dumb pet peeve, but i hate people who scream when they hear thunder. i don't mean like the first clap (yeah that could be startling), but people who scream EACH TIME. enough. if the sound of thunder scares you, you might want to kill yourself now before you have to worry about the real dangers of the outside world. (okay, i'm being sarcastic but the screaming thing does bug me.)

U2democrat said:
I hate it when a really good idea pops into my head...i get distracted for a second then i forget what the idea was.....:mad:
i was going to post something else that really bugs me but in the time it took me to hit quote? gone. :down: i need to superglue a pad of paper and pen to my hand.

Back
Top Bottom