The official get things off your chest thread. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2005, 10:51 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:10 AM
the misuse of the open door button with the handicapped sign on it.

on my office floor, the mens washroom door opens up to an area only feet away from several cubicles. there are 2 stalls and a urinal only a few feet further away behind the door.

several of my colleagues feel the need to use the handicapped button (though they are able bodied) rather than hold the door open. as silly as this sounds, what is particularly grating about the situation is that when this button is pressed, the door hangs open for maybe 15 seconds or so. it can, at times, be a particularly unsettling 15 seconds.

luckily my office isn't one of those close to the mens washroom.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:23 AM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:10 PM
I hate when something goes wrong, and you try to call for help and the people theere say 'there's nothing wrong on our end' and you are left in the dark. You don't know who to believe (usually not them). I hate calling companies with automated systems where you have to go thru a series of hoops (pushing numerous buttons) to get to a human being. I hate getting up early and I hate that my gardners changed their day and now start mowing & blowing at 8:00am (I don't wake up for at least another hour or two)

I hate stupidity and people with the lack of common sense or decency. And people selling U2 tickets for 2-5x the face value making it difficult for me to go this fall

Ok, breakfast time

Old 08-21-2005, 01:22 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

ooh lila that's a good one the voicemail systems that trap you and you never end up with an answer

I'd like to add cell phones in public. There are good reasons to use our cell phones but I'm sick of how rude it is making the world. people on their phones ignore the people around them. Ordering in stores without even making eye contact or addressing the person helping them.

I've nearly been run off the road twice now by people on their damn phones!

WTF! A few years ago we managed to live without a phone glued to our ear. It can be done!
Old 08-21-2005, 01:22 PM   #19
Refugee

Re: Re: The official get things off your chest thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat

Not all us american teens are out of the loop you know.....
ohh i know, i have first hand experience. i'm 17 year old american, haha. i'm glad that there are people like you and me around. intelligent teenagers are on the endangered species list.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:08 PM   #20
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Dulce de Leche
I can't stand the fact that when going out dancing, many guys feel that it is perfectly ok to grind theemselves into you.

Yeah because I really want a complete stranger's penis rubbing on me.
oohh that was you?...sorry bout that

Old 08-21-2005, 02:15 PM   #21
War Child

Local Time: 09:10 PM
^
Old 08-21-2005, 03:00 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kobayashi
several of my colleagues feel the need to use the handicapped button (though they are able bodied) rather than hold the door open. as silly as this sounds, what is particularly grating about the situation is that when this button is pressed, the door hangs open for maybe 15 seconds or so. it can, at times, be a particularly unsettling 15 seconds.
Attach the world-ending sound of a time-sensitive alarm for that "barrier-free" door, and you've sold my displeasure with life.

I agree with LMPA as well. Eyelashes in lenses can be the ruiner of a day.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:10 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

I can't stand really rude and assumptive people who think they know it all and refuse to listen to reason.

I also can't stand people who brag about themselves to over-compensate.

I can't stand pretentious hipsters who really aren't that clever or funny anyway, but like to throw around their second chance at high school popularity.

I hate the term"wife-beater" and don't understand how women can use that term lightly. It's a TERRIBLE slang term for a shirt. Terrible and depressing.

I hate it when people who are religious think they are better than those of us who are not. (Like me.)

I hate it when I'm walking thru a street fair and the massage people start touching my shoulders without my permission.

I hate the people down my hall who have turned my apartment building into a dorm, simply because they have rich parents who co-signed their lease.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:22 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

^Some really good ones

I'll just add to the hating stupid people. Rude, obnoxious and ignorant people are certainly at the top of my list.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:40 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:10 AM
I can't stand hypochondriacs.

(hope I spelled that right )
Old 08-21-2005, 03:48 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

People who speak for "the community" when, of course, they are doing no such thing.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:48 PM   #27
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I thought this was about chest waxing.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:50 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

I cannot stand inconsiderate people out driving or walking around. Usually their inconsideration stems a lack of a clue.

And here at interference, I think you should be banned if you start a thread touting your post count. There is nothing more lame. Are you really in need of attention or is it that you really do value how many posts you have made on an Internet message board because you life is that insignificant?
Old 08-21-2005, 05:09 PM   #29
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:10 AM
People who act holier than thou. They also annoy me.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:26 PM   #30
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by 00Kevin
I hate it when i'm watching a new episode of a show, and then someone important calls and i have to miss part of the show.
yes! and when they say "is this a good time?" and you say "not really, can i call you back in 15 minutes? i'm watching something." they say "okay, i'll make it quick..." i just said it wasn't a good time! if it was a commercial i would've said "okay but make it quick" but they always always ALWAYS have a knack of calling during the show.

this is a dumb pet peeve, but i hate people who scream when they hear thunder. i don't mean like the first clap (yeah that could be startling), but people who scream EACH TIME. enough. if the sound of thunder scares you, you might want to kill yourself now before you have to worry about the real dangers of the outside world. (okay, i'm being sarcastic but the screaming thing does bug me.)

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
I hate it when a really good idea pops into my head...i get distracted for a second then i forget what the idea was.....
i was going to post something else that really bugs me but in the time it took me to hit quote? gone. i need to superglue a pad of paper and pen to my hand.