The official Fall 2007 Back to School Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I moved back sunday and started yesterday, still working on getting the classes I want, but I'm thinking of cross registering at another local school to take Arabic. My rooming situation kind of blows, I'm a sophomore and had the worst lottery number and they had very few rooms for my entire class (even though they require that sophs live on campus) so I got assigned a double in a decent hall (randomly in the same corner as an 8 person suite of my friends from my floor last year) but with a senior returning from abroad (this is a mixed class dorm with very few people higher than sophomores) and he's always around and creepy and awkward. My room-mate last year and I were a weird match and he could piss me off a lot (particularly with his snoring) but we get along now and did for the most part last year, but this is ridiculous, I spend most of my time down the hall and have been sleeping horribly (major dark circles going on) and they have a two week freeze period on changing rooms...fun.

Luckily my schedule is free on fridays and I live fairly close so I'll be home and substitute teaching on fridays, and have a better bed situation there haha.

I have my first meeting as the Prez of the Young Democrats next Tuesday! :hyper:

I have all these responsibilities, and authority, it's cool :happy:

Not to mention, the freshman class has a lot of good looking guys who signed up...:shifty:

Liesje said:

Your classes start on a national holiday? That blows!!!

We always start on Labor Day and MLK day no fail. It's pretty rude, especially MLK day.

I am just frightened by the fact that some of these kids were born in 1990. This is why (unlike u2dem apparently :wink: ) I have declared the freshman class off limits to myself.

I move to my apartment tomorrow and must unpack in like 2 hours so we can go drinking! (My roommate wants to get juiced while we unpack). Ahoy!

powerhour24 said:
I moved back sunday and started yesterday, still working on getting the classes I want, but I'm thinking of cross registering at another local school to take Arabic.

my friend is taking Arabic. He says it's very difficult, but he really wants to learn it.

i've had a week of classes at IU and I have to say i'm really underwhelmed...everyone says college is so hard but so far it's extremely easy. Not too much homework, easy grading policies (weekly quizzes/homework but most classes drop the lowest few grades)... im actually kind of hoping it gets harder. I guess you can't really tell the first week anyway. but even if this semester is easy i suppose it'll get much harder down the road.

im mixed on it all so far i guess. I've met a lot of really cool people and I have lots of new "friends" but I don't feel like I've made a real connection with anyone yet... my dorm is sweet though, single room with A/C and tons of storage space. and i love the campus, and everyone's really nice. also im close to home which is convenient...i actually went home for the weekend to see people.

I'm starting college (University) on Wednesday, and I'm looking forward to it. I've had nothing to do for most of the summer, seeing as I've been trying to distance myself from the "Friends" who made Secondary School a nightmare...so cheers to College, new starts and maybe having a life for once :wink:

I don't usually get my books until I go to class, because you never know when the professor will say "you don't need this but you do need that, etc." So that way I don't buy more books than I need.

Out of curiosity, at which universities are each of you?

Scripps College! Woo woo! :dance:

I finally signed up for classes! I am taking the required lecture/discussion Core class, writing with a focus on comedy, advanced spanish and intro to psychology. :)

I'm at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities...classes start tomorrow...err, today I guess!

Berlin School of Economics. :)

I haven't bought any books, yet, for Uni. The teachers generally hand out scripts and somehow I didn't need to buy a book additionally.
I rather just borrow them at the end of the term to learn for the exam, or use them as a source for the term papers.

cdisantis83 said:
I am beginning a PhD program at the University of Wisconsin today. In fact, I have a seminar starting in roughly 3 hours.

Madtown, huh? I love Madison, what are you studying?

onebloodonelife said:

Madtown, huh? I love Madison, what are you studying?

Madison is a very intriguing place. It has a palpable vitality about that is a welcome change from the atmosphere of my old alma mater. To answer your question, I am studying ancient history, and, more specifically, the culture of the Roman Empire.

3 classes down woohoo! I have none on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but 3 back to back on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays. :rockon:

:happy:

One of my textbooks is 2805 pages long. Anyone care to beat that? :wink:

Hey I went to a convo German class today to see what was up (not registered). It was OK and I understood every word which surprised me since I haven't taken German in 6 years, but I don't think I can adjust my work schedule to fit in the class (would be using my lunch break 10:30-11:30 4 days a week) so I'm not going back.

anitram said:
One of my textbooks is 2805 pages long. Anyone care to beat that? :wink:

I don't have an exact number, but I think the Norton Anthology of Literature, vols E-G was about three times as wide as it was tall.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Why I am going to school for paralegal and not to become a laywer = see above. :wink:

The best part is that I have a 2nd textbook for that course that's another 874 pages long!

cdisantis83 said:

Madison is a very intriguing place. It has a palpable vitality about that is a welcome change from the atmosphere of my old alma mater. To answer your question, I am studying ancient history, and, more specifically, the culture of the Roman Empire.

Yes, Madison is definitely a very vital city. Have you been to State Street yet? Interesting studies as well...

And, my one and only Tuesday class is done, American Sign Language :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom