The Official Banning Of The Phrase "just My Two Cents" Thread!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
This HAS to be the most over-used phrase, and four words on this board!!
Im sure it must be a huge statement over there in the states, but i've never seen a phrase appear so often, anywhere?!!

So please, post here if you'd like to see this nasty little phrase removed, and never seen again on this board!

p.s - I am very bored at work right now, and have started this thread, purely for my own amusement! :wink:
I fully expect no-one to post here, and probably to be closed by a moderator!

I'd rather ban the phrase "don't get your panties in a bunch, people" or just the usage of the word "people" in that sentence. I hate when forum members write that way, as if they are some all-knowing powerful "Oz" bringing calm to everyone. Whew! Thank God for these members and their infinite wisdom and sage advice - they must know what they are talking about because they called us "people". :rolleyes:

;)

I don't know if I've ever heard either phrase actually used in real life. They're used a lot on the internet, though.

Just my tuppence worth - I know i'VE BEEN guilty in the past and other phrases that could be added include:

IMO
IMHO
Is it just me or...
Am I the only one who...
I know I'll be flamed for this but...

I am really really getting sick of the phrase, 'Everyone is entitled to their own opinion etc.' No shit!! We know by now! I am getting very tired of this. Ban this one instead.

The stuff about 'everyone's entitled to their opinion' or 'that's your opinion' is the weakest bullshit on the face of God's earth. It's a cop out. If you (generic 'you') don't like what someone says, counter it. Refute it. Give a goddamn argument.

People! Stop getting your panties in a bunch. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Is it just me or am I the only one who I know I will be flamed for this?

(Okay...that last sentence makes no sense. :sexywink: )

Just my two cents...

Cheers,

M

Last edited:
Kieran McConville said:
The stuff about 'everyone's entitled to their opinion' or 'that's your opinion' is the weakest bullshit on the face of God's earth. It's a cop out. If you (generic 'you') don't like what someone says, counter it. Refute it. Give a goddamn argument.

In argument for non-argument, I use the phrase once in a while only when I think the argument itself is stupid. I use it as a sign of ambivalence with the topic and revulsion over the subsequent argument.

Melon

ban the phrase this is the shit or die mofo die...........................

melon said:

In argument for non-argument, I use the phrase once in a while only when I think the argument itself is stupid. I use it as a sign of ambivalence with the topic and revulsion over the subsequent argument.

Melon

Aaaah... Melon... such infinite wisdom. :yes: How I love your posts. :drool: You write as if you have lived many lifetimes yet what are you in reality? 3? 4?

:D

"Ya'll" is a word I find strange. It's never used here. I hate when my Mum's uncle and aunt come over from America and when my Dad finds out "The Americans" are coming him and my nucle shout "ya'll" and make penguin noises. :crack:

doctorwho said:
Aaaah... Melon... such infinite wisdom. :yes: How I love your posts. :drool: You write as if you have lived many lifetimes yet what are you in reality? 3? 4?

Thanks...lol. I turned 24 this August, and I finished my M.A. on my birthday. :sexywink:

But now I have to try and deal with the real world. The fact that I'm 24 there isn't in my favor. :huh:

Melon

'Cheers, J'

has got to go. it's an intentional 'happy ending' to usually negative/provocative posts to peeve people often even more. Typical jick post:

"U2 sucks now.

Cheers,

J."

Aggravating.

i think we should ban the phrase "Originally posted by rjhbonovox" or better yet, just punch him in the face.

Just throwing in my two cents :wink:

Look people, this is just my two cents but, don't get your panties in a bunch because IMO I think that.....well I know I'll be flamed for this but...Is it just me or...Am I the only one who...thinks we should discuss Pop vs. ATYCLB?

:wink: :lol:

Lancemc said:
i think we should ban the phrase "Originally posted by rjhbonovox" or better yet, just punch him in the face.

Just throwing in my two cents :wink:

:lol:

Aardvark747 said:
This HAS to be the most over-used phrase, and four words on this board!!
Im sure it must be a huge statement over there in the states, but i've never seen a phrase appear so often, anywhere?!!

So please, post here if you'd like to see this nasty little phrase removed, and never seen again on this board!

The phrase bugs the hell out of me. I've never actually heard it used anywhere other than here and in the movies.

THOSE OF YOU WHO USE IT, REMOVE IT FROM YOUR VOCABULARY NOW!

paulrg said:
I know I'll be flamed for this but...

That one irritates me so much. If you know you're going to get flamed for it and can't deal with it? Don't say it! Geez.

That's just my $0.02 worth [plus GST].

Also:
melon said:
People! Stop getting your panties in a bunch. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Is it just me or am I the only one who I know I will be flamed for this?

Now this is the point where I declare that I really need to learn how to read slower, as I could have sworn you wrote:
"Is it just me or am I the only one who is getting their panties in a bunch."

:sigh:

:wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom