The Official Banning Of The Phrase "just My Two Cents" Thread!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just my two cents I think you people need to spread more love about discussing Pop to the peeps of the world, Indeed you perverts IN-DEED! :wink:

Last edited:
Lancemc said:

quite a radical move indeed!

That's what it is, they complain about people adding indeed like it's trying to be 'prissy' or 'snooty' I never even noticed it until they pointed it out. Indeed! :lol:

Feel free to vent about some general phrases you dislike, but please don't single out members, such as jick. Personal attacks are not welcome here.

U2Kitten said:

That's what it is, they complain about people adding indeed like it's trying to be 'prissy' or 'snooty' I never even noticed it until they pointed it out. Indeed! :lol:

Bah, just because some people are not cool enough to use the word 'indeed'! I glare in their general direction.

Just my four cents. :wink:

Bonochick said:
Feel free to vent about some general phrases you dislike, but please don't single out members, such as jick. Personal attacks are not welcome here.

How about Jick is full of Shit?..just a question not a cut-down?? :wink: (I don't even know who/what Jick is)

Last edited:
RobVox said:
How about Jick is full of Shit?..just a question not a cut-down?? :wink: (I don't even know who/what Jick is)

I REPEAT:

Bonochick said:

That's the last warning.

*edited because I JUST noticed that I had screwed up the vB code* :der: :lol:

Last edited:
Bonochick said:

Bonochick:

I'm not trying to start trouble here, because I think you're cool. I'm also not disagreeing with your statement about personal attacks, because of course everyone should be treated with some respect, even if we get pissed at each other and kick a little sand in each others direction now and then.

Regarding jick, don't you and other moderators think that a person who consistently causes people to lose their temper and starts trouble when he KNOWS he pisses people off with his "provacative" threads, is the real problem?

I've never understood the venom directed towards Jick. He voices his opinion, everyone else does too.

Just my two cents worth, IMHO, everyones entitled to their opinion, perverts indeed. :wink:

beli said:
I've never understood the venom directed towards Jick. He voices his opinion, everyone else does too.

certainly, everyone's entitled to their opinion.:wink:

hell, it's a free country.:wink:

gotta roll with the punches and take the good with the bad.:wink:

besides, nobody's perfect.:wink:

now then,
when somebody posts every single time with a negative comment or idea on a fan board, don't you find that a little irratating? it's like, if you didn't do it on purpose to just stir stuff up, post on a radiohead board or something.
it's one thing to have one post that's positive, one that's negative. negativity all the time is just silly.

I think Jicks (albeit sometimes provocative) postings result in some very interesting U2 discussions.

indeed Just my 2 cents IMHO people

Cheers, B7
:wink:

Also, jick does sometimes come up with very insightful posts. Occasionally. He's not 100% negativity.

Cheers,

A

I don't actually view his posts as negative. He appears to hone in on specific details of things and mention the 0.01% thing that he doesnt like about something. Thats not to say he doesnt like the other 99% of the item being discussed, which I think is what people presume. Hes actually said a lot of positive stuff about Adams bass playing etc it just gets overlooked when people allow their blood to boil over at something else that people may perceive as negative.

To me, Jick actually comes across as a perfectionist, with a fine eye for detail.

2 cents, perverts, opinions, peace :wink:

Could you sell a special premium membership option that allows the purchaser to make unlimited personal attacks against other members?

beli said:
I don't actually view his posts as negative. He appears to hone in on specific details of things and mention the 0.01% thing that he doesnt like about something. Thats not to say he doesnt like the other 99% of the item being discussed, which I think is what people presume. Hes actually said a lot of positive stuff about Adams bass playing etc it just gets overlooked when people allow their blood to boil over at something else that people may perceive as negative.

To me, Jick actually comes across as a perfectionist, with a fine eye for detail.

2 cents, perverts, opinions, peace :wink:

ok, I guess I'm just easily bothered by some things.

Jick, may your legacy carry on through the ages.

peace on earth/good will towards man.

JOFO said:

ok, I guess I'm just easily bothered by some things.

Jick, may your legacy carry on through the ages.

peace on earth/good will towards man.

:up:

I value your opinion. Have a nice day. All the best to you and yours.

Last edited:
This is the funniest thread I've seen in a while. May it go on forever - cross my fingers. There's your new fad phrase, cross your fingers.

Yes I've seen an usual amount of people use that phrase - hate to bring it up, but I am trying to stay on topic, I've actually never recalled such a phrase used in an actual conversation. I do hope that I don't, because recommending anyone who does to this forum would quite possibly slip out of my mouth on accident.

i'm going to move this to LS as i'm not sure how this pertains to U2. if anyone disagrees, feel free to let me know. and mods...if you think this does belong in eykiw then feel free to move it back.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i'm going to move this to LS as i'm not sure how this pertains to U2. if anyone disagrees, feel free to let me know. and mods...if you think this does belong in eykiw then feel free to move it back.

Duly noted. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. All the best.

beli

beli said:
lol. Any one else find it amusing that the three people defending Jick are all Australian?

Perhaps its a regional thing? :shrug:

Yeah, isn't jick from the Philippines? Better defend others in the region! *raises banner*

Originally posted by szuchy
Could you sell a special premium membership option that allows the purchaser to make unlimited personal attacks against other members?

:laugh:

Last edited:
Aye we're all guilty of slipping down to catchphrases.

It's an extraordinary thing.
We came out of punk rock.
Thanks to Edge, Adam and Larry for letting me be in their band.

paulrg said:
Aye we're all guilty of slipping down to catchphrases.

It's an extraordinary thing.
We came out of punk rock.
Thanks to Edge, Adam and Larry for letting me be in their band.

Haha!
And how about this one....

"When your 16 you think you can take on the world.....sometimes your're right"!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom