The Official B&C Desert Island VI NSW Memorial Running Diary Thread for the Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Smash Mouth song is definitely a grower; that was the first CD that I ever owned, so there is some nostalgia there, but apart from that, I think it's a snazzy enough lounge-based track. It's a package deal with the Spoon song, too.

My eyes lit up when I saw that you had Porch on your list, LMP. Classic, classic song. One of my favorite Pearl Jam songs, and it's even better live. They used to close all their shows with it back in the day. There are some insane live versions of it from the early 90's on YouTube.

Sweet, I'll have to check them out some time.

Flight of the Conchords: This might be one of the best thing ever or one of the worst, I'll go with the former for now
Broken Social Scene: Great song, nice to see an instrumental thrown in the mix
Arcade Fire: I like this cover, not one of my favourite Arcade Fire songs but fits in well
Tom Waits: Nice short track and a good way to end Business Time

Business Time: 7.8/10 :up:

Decimals, yes!

Yeah, "Business Time" is one of the greatest things ever.

"I remove my clothes very, very clumsily. Tripping sensuously over my pants..."

Sigur Rós: Nice way to start of The Love Below, if this is the mood of this part of the playlist I'll certainly enjoy this a lot
Nina Simone: Flow is again great and this song is too
OutKast: Little different from what I expect from Outkast but gives a good atmosphere

Yes, it's more focused on piano-based R&B and Hip-Hop, then into more dance-able tracks, then slows back down again toward the end.

I think this will be more up your alley than the last section was. I love breaking lists off into sections, but I do try and make sure that it fits together as a whole. Hopefully that's achieved here.

Kanye West: Kanye is as overrated as hell but he has written a few great songs and this is one of them
Lupe Fiasco: Another strong rap track, that flows well
David Bowie: On paper this should sound really weird but it actually sounds good, Bowie in the middle of rap songs is interesting, and the full length version of Young Americans is so much better than the single edit

I'm really enjoying how this part of the list is shaking up so far :up:

The Budos Band: Another instrumental that's got a cool dance-y vibe to it, awesome
Public Enemy: When I heard "Here come the drums", I was worried this was that shitty Voodoo Child song and that I'd have to smash my laptop, however it was not therefore this track is win for not making me do that
M.I.A.: Bonus points for using an unknown song by MIA, people need to realise she's more than just one song :wink:

Flaming Lips: This song was in an ad for some beer brand, a beer brand I hate, therefore I associate the song with that beer, therefore this is my least favourite Flaming Lips songs
Animal Collective: okay...
Tv on the Radio: Never heard this before and it is better great
Radiohead: This song was a great way to end HTTT and it's a great way to end this part of the list too

Overall: The flow is perfect and for the most part I like all the songs, some a lot

Business Time: 7.8/10
The Love Below: 8.0/10

Pink Floyd: Animals is Pink Floyd's best album and this might be the best song on that album...maybe the other two middle tracks are quite amazing but still awesome start
The Shins: Another brilliant song, this part of the playlist is shaking up to be even better than the last
Pavement: I've never really listened to Pavement before...I might have to...

The Beatles: I'm not a huge fan of Revolver but not the worst
Beach Boys: Classic song even if it's a bit overplayed
Cat Stevens: Another good track, still really enjoying this part of the playlist a lot

I'll be listening to YLB's list this evening. I also just received lists from Gump and IT. I'll send you guys my list soon.

Bob Dylan: Nothing from Blood on the Tracks could ever possibly be bad
Fleet Foxes: Such a great song from a great album, fits in well here
Warren Zevon: Never heard of this guy, not a bad sound
Bruce Springsteen: An early Springsteen track I don't know but I like it

Strong ending with the last three tracks of LMP's list, the flow on When You Go wasn't as great as the first two parts but the songs were better

Business Time: 7.8
The Love Below: 8.0
When You Go: 8.1

Overall: 8.0

Really enjoyed the list LMP :up:

It wouldn't be the Pixies if it didn't have Black Francis screaming like a maniac.

And I've stated my thoughts on Grounds for Divorce already. Something along the lines of, "Blasting it from my car all the time because it's badass."

Had to stop for a brief moment due to my brother's stupidity or something.

Porch rocks, like all good Pearl Jam songs should.

Sister Ray has that murky, murky sound of Nico, but it still rocks.

And the Ramones are the Ramones. Enough said.

Glad you enjoyed it, Irishteen. I'm also glad my rating fell back into a whole number.

What was your favorite track? Least fave? Fave transition?

Elbow. I've never even heard of Wolf Parade.

Bell Boy > Breathe was a great transition. Breathe is just all sorts of good.

Oh Charlie.

So far, I'd rate your list a 4.Point. Looking at the rest, you could be headed for 2.shit.

That will really give new meaning to the phrase, "Now, I've seen everything!"

I'm on Arcade Fire. There's yet to be a song I dislike, though I've never been totally crazy about Velvet Underground. I respect their work, but it's just so unclear in sound.

Nice.

Yeah, they sound like they helped produce Achtung Baby or something.

Also, on your last list, I think I had maybe six or seven of the songs. This time around, I had eighteen or nineteen of them. Which has nothing to do with you. I'm just finally hearing a lot of good music.

Nice.

Yeah, they sound like they helped produce Achtung Baby or something.

:)

I'm warming back up to Achtung Baby. The outro of Until the End of the World still just angers me in its failed potential, but Zoo Station and I are talking again after a rough break up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom