The Official B&C Desert Island VI NSW Memorial Running Diary Thread for the Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more Norma Jean is coming your way :D

it might actually be considered a tolerable song though. it's not like the rest of their songs.

I've heard a few of their tracks that I HAVE liked. But I'm only "joshin'" ya, as I'm sure you know.

I've heard a few of their tracks that I HAVE liked. But I'm only "joshin'" ya, as I'm sure you know.

haha its cool, hows your list coming along?

I'm giving mine one last listen and then I'm gonna upload if phanan is cool with me having a mash-up on there.

haha its cool, hows your list coming along?

I'm giving mine one last listen and then I'm gonna upload if phanan is cool with me having a mash-up on there.

It's done, just waiting for my amazon gift card to arrive so that I can get all my tracks together. It was shipped today (wtf, why was it shipped, it's an on-line website) so I should have everything ready by Saturday.

It's done, just waiting for my amazon gift card to arrive so that I can get all my tracks together. It was shipped today (wtf, why was it shipped, it's an on-line website) so I should have everything ready by Saturday.

LOL amazon.com shipped you a gift card? that amuses me greatly.

I feel like every time I do this game I think my list is infinitely better than it was last time. I look back at my old lists like :huh: i'm very happy with this one; the flow is perfect and it slowly changes from mood to mood. also i think people might really like it, there are songs I know people will like and hopefully I'll expose people to perhaps some artists they haven't heard before and end up liking. less scary stuff this time around simply because that's not what I've been listening to lately

LOL amazon.com shipped you a gift card? that amuses me greatly.

I feel like every time I do this game I think my list is infinitely better than it was last time. I look back at my old lists like :huh: i'm very happy with this one; the flow is perfect and it slowly changes from mood to mood. also i think people might really like it, there are songs I know people will like and hopefully I'll expose people to perhaps some artists they haven't heard before and end up liking. less scary stuff this time around simply because that's not what I've been listening to lately

No, my bank, I cash in my rewards points before DI contests and get an Amazon gift card with them :lol:

I have no idea how this list is going to go over. Usually I have an idea, but this time, nothing.

No, my bank, I cash in my rewards points before DI contests and get an Amazon gift card with them :lol:

I have no idea how this list is going to go over. Usually I have an idea, but this time, nothing.

Oooooh okay. Rewards points, sweet.

Yeah I think this one will go over well with some people for sure, but others I don't know. I don't think everyone will love it, but hopefully everyone will at least find something to like. I mean, it has U2 on it so, we can all agree there right? :wink:

Anyone who wants to send their list my way, feel free. :up:

I'm still working on finishing up titles and whatnot.

Oooooh okay. Rewards points, sweet.

Yeah I think this one will go over well with some people for sure, but others I don't know. I don't think everyone will love it, but hopefully everyone will at least find something to like. I mean, it has U2 on it so, we can all agree there right? :wink:

U2? Who's that? Yeah, I have yet to not be able to find something good about anyone's lists, so I am of course looking forward to what you came up with. You're tastes are not the standard around these parts, so you always come up with something intriguing.

U2? Who's that? Yeah, I have yet to not be able to find something good about anyone's lists, so I am of course looking forward to what you came up with. You're tastes are not the standard around these parts, so you always come up with something intriguing.

I think my list will be more standard Interference taste this time around, but a lot of the artists will be ones people haven't heard before. Hopefully a lot of people will appreciate the post-rock I've included, as besides Explosions in the Sky I think they're lesser-known artists.

I think my list will be more standard Interference taste this time around, but a lot of the artists will be ones people haven't heard before. Hopefully a lot of people will appreciate the post-rock I've included, as besides Explosions in the Sky I think they're lesser-known artists.

I really need to explore post-rock outside of EITS, but it's hard when they're just so damn good.

yeah they are kind of the best, and I saw them live :drool:

Actually another one of the post-rock bands I used I also saw live :up:

Before EITS got really popular they were doing a show around here, and I didn't go because I didn't know who they were, and I got into them literally days after the show. :sad:

Before EITS got really popular they were doing a show around here, and I didn't go because I didn't know who they were, and I got into them literally days after the show. :sad:

:sad:

I found this other post-rock band on an mp3 blog I think? and then they came to a super small venue here in Bloomington and I was like :hyper: Explosions I saw at Lollapalooza last year.

So I'm predicting people won't have heard of about 10 of the artists on my list. That's probably an overestimation but I'm curious to see if it ends up being true.

:sad:

I found this other post-rock band on an mp3 blog I think? and then they came to a super small venue here in Bloomington and I was like :hyper: Explosions I saw at Lollapalooza last year.

So I'm predicting people won't have heard of about 10 of the artists on my list. That's probably an overestimation but I'm curious to see if it ends up being true.

Lolla :sigh:. Someday I'm hitting that shit up.

If there's one thing that's predictable about my lists, it's that there's probably no one obscure on it.

Lolla :sigh:. Someday I'm hitting that shit up.

If there's one thing that's predictable about my lists, it's that there's probably no one obscure on it.

if there's one thing that's predictable about my lists, it's that there's basically nothing from before 2000 on it :lol: there's a few 90's tracks and one 60's track...that's it.

Yeah the rumored Lolla lineup doesn't have me super excited, but I guess I'll have to wait and see who actually ends up playing.

I really need to explore post-rock outside of EITS, but it's hard when they're just so damn good.

This is what my list exists for. Though I've cut back on the post-rock for the sake of diversity; that included cutting EITS's Your Hand In Mine.

if there's one thing that's predictable about my lists, it's that there's basically nothing from before 2000 on it :lol: there's a few 90's tracks and one 60's track...that's it.

Yeah the rumored Lolla lineup doesn't have me super excited, but I guess I'll have to wait and see who actually ends up playing.

ha! Yeah, that's true, mine's pretty consistently across the board in that department.

Ugh, I know. I'd so very much hoped the Coachella lineup would be indicative of the lolla line-up too :depressed:

This is what my list exists for. Though I've cut back on the post-rock for the sake of diversity; that included cutting EITS's Your Hand In Mine.

Your Hand in Mine :love:, wish I hadn't wasted that on my oh so terrible DIIV. Yes, that is the main reason I'm looking forward to your list tough. Though Peef's list has convinced me to finally listen to a God is an Astronaut album.

My list is named, artworked, and written up. Next: uploading.... (tomorrow?)

hey, if some of you guys want to send me your lists I'd welcome some new music this week!

I'll have mine uploaded tonight, I can also share with whomever is interested!

Listening the LMP's now

The Pixies: Eh yeah...interesting start
Elbow: Not bad, pretty good
Pearl Jam: Great song, really enjoyed this

Flow is pretty good so far

Hey, you may be the first, actually.

"In Heaven" wasn't a Pixies favorite of mine until I saw Eraserhead, the film where they covered it from. With that context, it helped me like it. Frank Black's the only dude who can get me to enjoy random screaming shit.

"Grounds for Divorce" is tits. It took me a couple of listens to insanely dig it. Great song to drive around to.

The Pearl Jam track took me by surprise. I hadn't listened to Ten in God knows how long, but that track really stood out.

Velvet Underground: A version of Sister Ray that doesn't go into pointless noise at the end for ten minutes, I think I'm in love
Ramones: Classic Ramones song fits in well
The Who: I can have mixed reactions to the Who sometimes but yeah I definitely dig this :up:

All good so far

U2: Breathe is just awesome, more songs need drum intros. I was gonna include a Morrissey song with a long drum intro on my playlist originally but it didn't make the cut
Spoon: I like this never heard it before, really good
Smash Mouth: Not really getting into this much, not bad, maybe a grower

My eyes lit up when I saw that you had Porch on your list, LMP. Classic, classic song. One of my favorite Pearl Jam songs, and it's even better live. They used to close all their shows with it back in the day. There are some insane live versions of it from the early 90's on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom