The official ALLERGIES SUCK thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
It's spring...and everything is blooming and beautiful...and people with allergies are miserable.

Bleh. I've got stuff dripping in the back of my throat, making my throat feel nasty and stratchy and painful. Earlier in the week it felt like needles were poking my eyes. How about y'all?

kleenex.jpg

I have terrible allergies (mold, dust mites...you name it). I'm at the point where I'm on three different meds, and my nose won't stop running (blech). I go through Kleenex like you wouldn't believe.

Bleh, and I just got contacts, too. My eyes are all red and itchy, now, so I can't wear 'em... ugh. :(

I'm not sure what the deal is, but I've had a sinus infection since I got back from Africa (end of January). I've been to the Dr. multiple times, but there's nothing they can do. I the meantime, I've had a sore throat, gumpy lungs, runny nose, headache, and eye infection for months. :|

I'm almost hoping it's allergies so it will hurry up and fuck off.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I'm not sure what the deal is, but I've had a sinus infection since I got back from Africa (end of January). I've been to the Dr. multiple times, but there's nothing they can do. I the meantime, I've had a sore throat, gumpy lungs, runny nose, headache, and eye infection for months. :|

I'm almost hoping it's allergies so it will hurry up and fuck off.

Sinus infections are the worst. I usually get them in spring (when the trees start to bloom) and in the fall (ragweed season). They really put me out of commission for a week.

:hug:

U2democrat said:
i think the mold count is up. its been raining yesterday and today, and this is the reaction i usually have to mold. :yuck:

I had bad allergies growing up in Ohio. My parents were worried that moving to Southern California would be bad because of all the smog. My allergies actually disappeared. Must have been the mold.

JessicaAnn said:

Sinus infections are the worst. I usually get them in spring (when the trees start to bloom) and in the fall (ragweed season). They really put me out of commission for a week.

:hug:

Yes, I've only ever had them in the spring as well. I've never had one last less than three weeks though. This happens to me once every other year. When it started in high school, I missed two weeks of school and my mom thought I had mono. This time is definitely the longest it's ever been (2.5 months and running) and the first time I've also had an eye infection with it.

I am allergic to just about everything. I take 2 pills, 2 inhalers, and a nasal spray everyday on top of a shot every few weeks and I'm still a mess. It's a year round thing for me but the spring/summer months are worse. I'm allergic to dust really bad so I have to get a shot. Without it I'd get horrible asthma attacks just by being around dust and it's kind of hard to avoid, especially in an office setting. :huh:

I currently cannot taste or smell anything and I feel like I've been crying all night because my eyes are watery. I'm not to the point that my eyes are bothering me enough where I want to rip my contacts out but I'm sure that will come soon.

As far as sinus infections go...I've been scanned and tested for stuff so many times it's ridiculous. I've been told by several dr's that my results are inconclusive in terms of if I need surgery or not. It's to the point now that I just self diagnos myself and call my allergist up and say I have a sinus infection and need a week's worth of prednisone and whatever the latest antibiotic they want to give me to go along with it. I haven't been in for a few years for the dr to see me when I have a sinus infection because it's a waste of a dr visit for both me and him since I know what I have. It's lame. :down:

arw9797 said:
I am allergic to just about everything. I take 2 pills, 2 inhalers, and a nasal spray everyday on top of a shot every few weeks and I'm still a mess. It's a year round thing for me but the spring/summer months are worse. I'm allergic to dust really bad so I have to get a shot. Without it I'd get horrible asthma attacks just by being around dust and it's kind of hard to avoid, especially in an office setting. :huh:

I currently cannot taste or smell anything and I feel like I've been crying all night because my eyes are watery. I'm not to the point that my eyes are bothering me enough where I want to rip my contacts out but I'm sure that will come soon.

As far as sinus infections go...I've been scanned and tested for stuff so many times it's ridiculous. I've been told by several dr's that my results are inconclusive in terms of if I need surgery or not. It's to the point now that I just self diagnos myself and call my allergist up and say I have a sinus infection and need a week's worth of prednisone and whatever the latest antibiotic they want to give me to go along with it. I haven't been in for a few years for the dr to see me when I have a sinus infection because it's a waste of a dr visit for both me and him since I know what I have. It's lame. :down:

Wow, that's absolutely miserable! :hug:

I've given up on the Dr's w/ the sinus infections, but b/c mine are always viral and they can't treat them w/ antibiotics. I did go in twice this spring b/c we have to be checked for malaria anytime we have a fever (and I get fevers when I have a bad canker sore). They also gave me antibiotics for the eye infection, which did nothing. I'd told them I got it from my bf and he was being treated w/ antibiotics, but eventually we learned he had a virus the whole time as well. Sometimes I'm so hyped up on all the pseudoephedrine, I feel like my heart is going to explode. I thought taking a week off of work and school would help, but it got even worse, to the point where my nose was visibily swollen.

I'm so glad I'm not allergic to animals. That would really be the last straw...

I switched doctors and my new doctor completely ignored my history of sinus infections and didn't prescribe me anything. My sinus infection developed into an ear infection. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom