The Official AFL Season 2009 thread that may be super!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Phew, okay.

North versus Collingwood - can't really see the Pies losing this
Hawks versus Carlton - Hawks still not all there. Carlton showing contendership, although they're still not up to the Cats or current Saints.
West Coast versus Freo - will be pretty close, this is Freo's GF after all!
Brissy versus Essendon - I'd like to tip the Dons, but I don't think they'll lift.
Port versus Adelaide - The lesser of two evils.
Sydney versus Richmond - Will be closer than you might think.
Mellaborniki versus Geelong - Geelong to win comfortably, but not break any kinds of records or nothing.
Bulldogs versus Saintas - Will not be close.

Don't underestimate north, they've got a good record against the pies.

There's no way Geelong will win/score 200 points. Melbourne ARE A good side. And they'll only get better with the young kids.

A few tough tips this week...but i've gone for

Pies
Hawks
Dockers
Lions
Crows
Swans
Cats
Saints

I tipped Richmond last week :hyper:

I'm going to jump on Melbourne at the line... it'll be closer than you think.

What? An 100 point margin instead of 150? :wink:

Sorry, i'll just cease the Melbourne bashing and move on to Fremantle.

:lol: they're not that bad... put it this way, I think they'll put in a better showing than Brisbane.

Ablett is paying $1.90 for the Brownlow after five games. Ridiculous.

:lol: they're not that bad... put it this way, I think they'll put in a better showing than Brisbane.

Yeah, I know they've improved from last year, and if they keep the margin under 50 points they should pat themselves on the back, and they have Robbo back too ...

Damn, great game between Hawks and Blues.

Laughed when Fevola hit the post at the end.

Freo won? Christ. My sympathies, Bonnie.

Yeah, they've had the wood on us lately. I don't really care, the only games they ever actually show up are against us, they just seem to slack off for the other 20. Beating the Eagles is Freo's serious business, their whole season revolves around the Derbies.

Anyway, Geelong broke a record, but nothing to do with scoring or margins - most disposals in a game, I think they said? Good on them.

And Ablett only had 23 of them! :ohmy: :faint:

Felt bad for Fev... no one tries to miss a goal, as much as some of the dickhead talkback callers who back themselves seem to think so. One of the best games of the year so far, low on errors, back-and-forth scoring and a close contest.

Richmond weren't disgraced today, and neither were Melbourne, though if we'd kicked straight the result would've been different.

Time for another batch of picks made rather early!

Uneducated Picks:
Bombers vs Hawks
Geelong vs Sydney
Richmond vs Brisbane
Kangatr00s vs Port
Carlton vs Sucko
Adelaide vs Bulldogs
Eagles vs Melbourne
Collingwood vs St Kilda

Name logic:
Bombers vs Hawks: A hawk would be a bit rooted if it got sucked into the engines ...
Cats vs Swans: Come on, Swans?! Even pussycats could beat that.
Tigers vs Lions: Big cats for the draw.
Kangaroos vs Power: I'm honestly not sure if power is meant to represent electricity or control. Either way, 'roos are getting away from that.
Blues vs Dockers: Can't believe I'm picking the Dockers, since it's the worst team name ever, but a Blue? Really?
Crows vs Bulldogs: I'm sure there's some pay TV documentary out there that explores animal battles like this.
Eagles vs Demons: Actually, I'm not entirely sure what a Demon would lose to.
Magpies vs Saints: Saintliness isn't going to get you far when a magpie's ripping your nose off.

I'll be suprised if Port don't smash North. They're in trouble I think. Though Sheahan, as much as I like him, does have a habit of jumping to conclusions.

My :twocents:: Wayne Carey should have been inducted into the Hall of Fame when this came up last year.

Time for another batch of picks made rather early!

Uneducated Picks:
Bombers vs Hawks
Geelong vs Sydney
Richmond vs Brisbane
Kangatr00s vs Port
Carlton vs Sucko
Adelaide vs Bulldogs
Eagles vs Melbourne
Collingwood vs St Kilda

Name logic:
Bombers vs Hawks: A hawk would be a bit rooted if it got sucked into the engines ...
Cats vs Swans: Come on, Swans?! Even pussycats could beat that.
Tigers vs Lions: Big cats for the draw.
Kangaroos vs Power: I'm honestly not sure if power is meant to represent electricity or control. Either way, 'roos are getting away from that.
Blues vs Dockers: Can't believe I'm picking the Dockers, since it's the worst team name ever, but a Blue? Really?
Crows vs Bulldogs: I'm sure there's some pay TV documentary out there that explores animal battles like this.
Eagles vs Demons: Actually, I'm not entirely sure what a Demon would lose to.
Magpies vs Saints: Saintliness isn't going to get you far when a magpie's ripping your nose off.

Yay! Early tips. :up:

Port being in the top 4 I don't think is very well representative of their season or ability so far.

Meh, might as well:

Bombers vs Hawks - 20 points odd?
Geelong vs Sydney - To get comfortable by the end.
Richmond vs Brisbane - Could actually see Richmond getting up again, though.
Kangas vs Port - agree with Danny for now.
Carlton vs Freo - Freo three in a row? Freo to win against Carlton? Just no!
Adelaide vs Bulldogs - Should be a good challenge.
Eagles vs Melbourne - Reckon Melbourne could take this at home, but not at Subi.
Collingwood vs St Kilda - Can't wait to watch it. Will show where both teams really stand.

Bombers vs Hawks - Hawks are hitting some good form.
Geelong vs Sydney - Obviously, but Geelong fans must remember ... "I see it, but I don't believe it!" :wink:
Richmond vs Brisbane - Brisbane comfortably.
Kangas vs Port - You just don't know which Port will turn up.
Carlton vs Freo - Carlton should win this pretty easily, if at Subiaco the story could well be different.
Adelaide vs Bulldogs - Bulldogs don't have such a good recent record at AAMI if i'm correct. Will be close though.
Eagles vs Melbourne - Eagles by about 30.
Collingwood vs St Kilda - It's St Kilda.

:up:

May as well, eh?

Hawthorn, getting better now
Geelong, like I need an explanation
Brisbane, tough one, but the Lions should be right
Port, North's in strife
Carlton, don't believe the false dawn
Adelaide, Dogs aren't as good as some thought
West Coast, 50+ result here
St Kilda, playing very, very good football.

I hope Jeff Kennett sticks around. I like him much, much more as a president then I did as premier.

Back
Top Bottom