The Official AFL Season 2009 thread that may be super!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going against the flow but I really think such a video is idiotic, don't like it all. But it didn't deserve all that media attention.

Going against the flow but I really think such a video is idiotic, don't like it all. But it didn't deserve all that media attention.

Nah, I understand. It's not exactly high art. But yeah, that it doesn't deserve all the attention, that's the main thing that's bothering me, and also the fact that it could actually have an impact on the game - just this harmless screwing around by a bunch of mates, the sort of thing a lot of friend groups do - it could suspend a couple of players for at least a round. And that's just ridiculous.

I'm not saying that only one demographic has the right to be offended by anything, and that one member of a demographic should represent the rest of their lot, but having said that - just between you, me, and a completely public forum, being a young woman I've had my fair share of shit from blokes. But I am not offended at all by the video. It's just something out of nothing.

Alright, after encouragement from the Daniel Mafia, here is:

Axver's Completely Uneducated AFL Picks, Round 3!

Geelong vs Collingwood
St Kilda vs Eagles
Lions vs Swans
Carlton vs Essendon
Port Adelaide by a million vs Melbourne
North Melbourne vs Hawthorn
Fremantle vs Adelaide
Western Bulldogs vs Richmond c'moooon!

I'm 1 from 1, people!

Perfect record.

Bet you I'll be 8 from 8 by the end of the long weekend.

I'm 1 from 1, people!

Perfect record.

Bet you I'll be 8 from 8 by the end of the long weekend.

Would be a big ask, I feel that the Bulldogs will win but it will be a close and high scoring encounter methinks. :wink:

Essendon could beat Carlton, but very unlikely.

Yeah, I think Richmond could certainly pull off an upset this time around. I also reckon the Roos might beat Hawthorn.

But the Dons... no, I don't think they can win, even though I think the Blues have been really, really overrated by the journos lately... they'll slow down, they can't last.

I can understand you calling the video idiotic, vlad, I agreed I couldn't sit through it all. But just think the backlash is ridiculous.

:lmao:

I'm 1 from one this week with the work tipping. I tipped the Cats by 30 points.
:lol: Should have laid some money on the TAB!

Bryan Taylor makes a good point, in 150 years of football, kicking for goal is the only skill that hasn't improved, heck, it's gone backwarrds. Amazing really.

Yeah, I think Richmond could certainly pull off an upset this time around. I also reckon the Roos might beat Hawthorn.

But the Dons... no, I don't think they can win, even though I think the Blues have been really, really overrated by the journos lately... they'll slow down, they can't last.

I'm pretty sure this will be the year that Carlton will (finally) make the top 8 after years of the same prediction, yes they are overrated and hyped too much but they've got Chris Judd, and every team with Chris Judd will always be hyped up, god I don't know where i'm getting myself into. :doh:

But yes, i'm very interested to see how this round unfolds.

I can understand you calling the video idiotic, vlad, I agreed I couldn't sit through it all. But just think the backlash is ridiculous.

I might be wrong but for two adult players, one being the captain, you would think they'd be mature enough, but no ... I believe such a video is very immature for their age, If I ever had to say something to them about the video, i'd most certainly tell them to grow up.

Anywho, enough of my brief rant, we've got quite a few great games coming up, except for Port and Melbourne, since the result is easily predictable but I can't rule out the famous Port "choke" thats for sure. :D

I promise you, Carlton will lose every game they play for the rest of the year, except for their games against Freo and Melbourne.

Why? Because I'll pick them to lose to everyone except Freo and Melbourne!

And would I make a false promise to you folks? Why, why, now you're going to suggest U2 didn't play a gig at the Kunstmuseum or something outlandish like that!

James Hird wrote an article this morning comparing Carlton's 'fab four' of Gibbs, Murphy, Judd and Stevens to the Lions fab four of Lappin, Black, Akermanis and Voss, three of whom won a Brownlow, one of whom was very close. Ridiculous.

Besides, we have the best midfield in the league anyway :D

Off to the TAB... :whistle:

Amazing win by the Bombers, somehow Axvers prediction came true!

What an entertaining match, edge-of-the-seat stuff folks. But I feel very sorry for the Weagles, truly pummeled by the Saints, mark my words, Saints will be top 4.

Let's make that seven from seven.

Come ooooonnn Richmond tomorrow!

Thank god my Crows beat Freo, believe it or not they gave us a bit of a scare during the early stages in the last quarter but due to extreme levels of awesomeness by Patrick Dangerfield, Taylor Walker, Jason Porplyzia and one miracle Macca goal we flew past by 24 points. Thank god that win will probably secure us a 2-2 win/loss record after 4 rounds where of course we're not gonna beat Geelong, it won't happen. :wink:

Well done so far, but this is where you'll slip up. ;)

Yeah, I'm not expecting to get this one. I was more confident about the Bombers pick, actually. Funny how this works, since the Richmond game is the one where I want to be right the most!

Well, I think it's fair to say Richmond played the worst footy of anybody this long weekend.

Or maybe the Eagles did.

Either way, good god, Tigers.

I guess they played okay in the first quarter, but god, the skills were absolutely pathetic, and I thought nobody could get any worse than Fremantles on Sunday. :D

Still, 7 out of 8 is good enough for you.

I can't believe Essendon got up. Kudos, Ax, we gave you plenty but they got up.

Meanwhile, I think in a few rounds time, the Hawks are going to struggle to field 22 players :lol:

What, do they have that many injuries?

I wonder what happens to a team who can't field 22 players? :D

OK, Axver's Uneducated Picks are back!

Lions vs Collingwood
Swans vs Carlton :shudder:
Hawthorn vs Port
St Kilda vs Freo
Adelaide vs Geelong
Kangaroos vs Essendon
Richmond vs Melbourne thank god
Eagles vs Bulldogs

Lions vs Collingwood - The Lions are looking good at this stage.
Swans vs Carlton - Its at the SCG.
Hawthorn vs Port - Hey, its Port, comfortable
St Kilda vs Freo - Too easy, never tip Freo.
Adelaide vs Geelong - Geelong but I almost tipped Adelaide, Crows have got Bock back.
Kangaroos vs Essendon - Their match v Carlton prompted me to choose them.
Richmond vs Melbourne - Impossible for Richmond to lose.
Eagles vs Bulldogs - Easy victory.

Those are mine, not really many hard games to tip.

Back
Top Bottom