The Official 2007 AFL Season Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a ghastly dreary round of football, the only shining light being the West Coast-Sydney match, another ripper.

HMPH...bloody crows!! I'm getting seriously worried about our finals chances - we really are struggling at the moment, and unless we get some big names back from injury really soon I can't see us having a chance in september :(

On a more positive note - I'm winning our work tipping comp, and by a fair way too :) It's going to be SO good to beat the blokes!!

Well everyone -- Here's some big news.

Denis Pagan has been sacked and according to one source Brett Ratten is the caretaker coach. Story on the front page of afl.com.au

Pity. He's a good coach, with a shite list.

Can't believe folk are talking about reviving Neale Daniher. He was crap!

Sumich would make a good coach, as would McKenna.

Alan Joyce should also be revived as an AFL senior coach.

I don't think Daniher was crap. I don't think he should go round again, at least not this soon.

What Carlton needs is a coach who will kick their arses after perforance like that.

I hate to keep posting after myself :reject: But here's the guests for tomorrow night on Thank God You're Here. I thought I'd post them as this thread is really good and enjoyable when it sildes off track now and then :drool:

Tony Martin :drool: :drool: :drool:, Shaun Micallef :drool: :drool:, Julia Morris and Eddie Ifft.

I have no idea who the last two are lol.

Oh and Brett Ratten has been appointed the Carlton caretaker coach.

And the price of even general GF tickets have jumped up like 10% to more than $150!!! What the hell?? :mad: Some people are probably absolutely fanatics, and when their team finally makes it they might not be able to afford it. Bah to the the AFL.

The AFL have wrecked footy.

Interesting to see the B-Rat given the job as temporary Carlton coach.

And why the fuck is Voss being mooted as an AFL coach next year. He has shown nothing to indicate that he would be a decent coach. Remember Tim Watson?

Get someone experienced or who has served a good apprenticeship as a coach.

The coach of the Mooroolbark under-9's has got better coaching qualifications that Voss

It's the same with most sports these days. They never, ever respect the fans and what they want. :sigh: One day they'll jack the prices so high and screw up the rules so bad that people will stop going and maybe they'll realise that they should cut back a bit.

I have been impressed by Voss, but I too think it would be pretty damn tough for a coach with no coaching experience whatsoever to jump into a senior role, expecially at a club like Carlton.

I love how the media think that Bomber Thompson is going to wind up the Bombers coach next year. He's having his best year yet, and the club would crazy not to resign him. Seriously.

Why Thommo would choose the Essendon list over the Cats list, I don't know.

Money would be the only thing that might sway him into taking over at Essendon.

Sheedy hasn't even been sacked anyway, and there's no reason to sack him.

Yes, I heard that today. I was shattered... :( I really, really admire Sheeds. But at least he is leving dignity intact I suppose. Good on him. I am betting the AFL will have a job for him the second he walks out the door, promoting the game I reckon.

It's just going to be so werid without him... it'll take some getting used to.

No kidding... I could barely believe when I read it, even though I had a feeling it'd happen. :( I'm sure he'll stay somewhere in the AFL, though... but Essendon is just going to seem weird for a while.

COBL_04 said:
Yes, I heard that today. I was shattered... :( I really, really admire Sheeds. But at least he is leving dignity intact I suppose. Good on him. I am betting the AFL will have a job for him the second he walks out the door, promoting the game I reckon.

It's just going to be so werid without him... it'll take some getting used to.

Essendon are dickheads. Shit football club. Why sack Sheedy, he can't help having a shite list. They were still finals contenders anyway.

Was the only coach left who was coaching the year I got into footy, 1991.

I think I'll put an end to my interest in AFL. It's got no charm left and is getting less interesting every year.

If you don't like it, don't watch it - don't complain around people that still like it - obviously it's not as good as it was even ten years ago, but I'm still going to support it. Or at least I'll watch it. :|

I'm just saying, I'm losing interest in the league. Went to some suburban footy a fortnight ago, about 800-1000 people there, beautiful winter's day. A certain smell, a certain atmosphere, had a great time, and all the people there left satisfied. Quality of footy wasn't too bad either. AFl should learn from suburban footy, not distance itself from it...

Agreed - country footy is still full of some great struggles and play. It's almost as if the drafts are going into a little league after playing in some of the local games I've seen.

What do you guys think of Scott McMahon in the Kangas? I went to school with him, I'm the same age as his brother who's also trying to get in the league. I'm impressed with what he's been able to do this year - rising star nominee. :up:

And it's official - we're up by 100. :drool:

:hyper: :dancing: :hyper: :dancing: :hyper: :dancing:

You seriously do not know how good this is. I was worried about the Wobbles, and now they got SPANKED by the Lions, the team who haunted so much a few years back, and that pushes the Wobbles further down. Yes!!! And the Cats won, and Ablett put in another possible three-voter performance. The Bombers won, I was very happy to see that. And my bros Wyndhamvale U14 D side won by shitloads.

I was at that Collingscum and Bears game, dreary match, but was delightful to see all those ferals walking out of the 'G in a bad mood.

I'm sick of North Melbourne, they've got the worst list in the league, yet somehow they keep winning, and still there are calls for the sacking of Dean Laidley. Makes no sense....Shame to see a good club like Hawthorn lose...

Back
Top Bottom